Skip to content

Will Pettine Use A Bell Cow?

The Browns Board
17 13 729
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #6

    i thought west looked better abeit against the 2s and 3s. crowell is definitely the better power back but west showed escapability. i think they'll both see lots of PT. i too can't wait to see what duke has to offer.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #7

    More than "escapability" I'd say patience, but I know what you mean...

    I think in the end it's Crow. The strength, explosiveness and aggressiveness he shows just reinforces the team attitude Pet wants. That stiff arm deserves a dog bone...

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Let's just give the Duke a little go before crowning anyone the winner. Though, if he's always injured, can't carry all the load!

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #9

    More cow bell?

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I don't see it unless the draft a stud in the future. Unless you have a good pass catching back like Shady Mccoy or Forte, or a Lynch/Peterson type, it's running back by committee.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #11

    They both looked good last night. I think West wants the spotlight more, but Crow is better. And in Pet's farm, better wins out.

    1,000+ for Crow.

    Any Duke Johnson sightings? would love to see him in Tampa.

    Zombo

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Duke is practicing today. I think he's better than both West and Crowell. But like all 3. Don't have a problem with any of them getting PT.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Mike, do you think Duke is built to take the feature back role at this level?

  • Mike, do you think Duke is built to take the feature back role at this level?

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by Mike H
    #14

    @tour2ma said:

    Mike, do you think Duke is built to take the feature back role at this level?

    He's really similar to Andre Ellington in a lot of ways. Durability will always be a concern. Probably not a 20+ carry guy for 16 games, but he can be effective b/t tackles, Pass blocking, on edge and in passing game. So I think 3 down back, but maybe not a featured guy
  • A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    West is garbage. He's very similar to Richardson. All that dancing then ends up loosing yards. It's pathetic. Atleast Crowell runs with some type of explosiveness. I want to see what Duke does.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #16

    loose as a goose.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Crow is a lock. I just believe Duke holds the keys if we will see Rice or Bradshaw in this backfield. Pass protection and picking up blitz West and M. Johnson can scare the hell out of any QB. West to me is protecting the ball much better and better cuts up field reading blocks with less dancing. Duke could do it all, including pass protect at Miami but now can he do it with the big boys and stay healthy will determine his career.?