Skip to content

2015 Ohio Highschool Football Season

Ohio High School Football Forum
79 8 11.9k
  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #69

    My alma mater.

    He's a true freshman at A&M (his dad was Kevin Murray who you may remember as he threw 5 picks against the Buckeyes in the 1986 Cotton Bowl). Started 3 games this year. And since our starting QB just transferred, he will likely start the bowl game and start next year. But he's about 5'8" 175. If this year is any indication, he won't hold up in college.

    What'd you think of Ratcliffe? I need to go to a game there badly. Midland seems, from a distance, to be a cool town. Small town feel but pretty wealthy. Odessa appears to be a bit rough.

  • My alma mater.

    He's a true freshman at A&M (his dad was Kevin Murray who you may remember as he threw 5 picks against the Buckeyes in the 1986 Cotton Bowl). Started 3 games this year. And since our starting QB just transferred, he will likely start the bowl game and start next year. But he's about 5'8" 175. If this year is any indication, he won't hold up in college.

    What'd you think of Ratcliffe? I need to go to a game there badly. Midland seems, from a distance, to be a cool town. Small town feel but pretty wealthy. Odessa appears to be a bit rough.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @wargograw said:

    My alma mater.

    He's a true freshman at A&M (his dad was Kevin Murray who you may remember as he threw 5 picks against the Buckeyes in the 1986 Cotton Bowl). Started 3 games this year. And since our starting QB just transferred, he will likely start the bowl game and start next year. But he's about 5'8" 175. If this year is any indication, he won't hold up in college.

    5'8"? Oi

    What'd you think of Ratcliffe? I need to go to a game there badly. Midland seems, from a distance, to be a cool town. Small town feel but pretty wealthy. Odessa appears to be a bit rough.

    Its big for a HS stadium.....and they have it guarded like its a prison.

    And you are right about Midland/Odessa. I thought it would be the other way around.

    Odessa is nothing like what is depicted in Heroes. Very spread out, poorer than I thought, and seemingly a bit run down....at least its Downtown area.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by wargograw
    #71

    Yes, 5'8" and there's rumors he's going to transfer as well. Complete clown show in College Station. But that is beside the point.

    Had you not seen Friday Night Lights? As far as I know, it was supposed to be a pretty accurate depiction of Odessa. The Friday Night Lights book also has the complete history of the city in one of the chapters.

  • Yes, 5'8" and there's rumors he's going to transfer as well. Complete clown show in College Station. But that is beside the point.

    Had you not seen Friday Night Lights? As far as I know, it was supposed to be a pretty accurate depiction of Odessa. The Friday Night Lights book also has the complete history of the city in one of the chapters.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @wargograw said:

    Yes, 5'8" and there's rumors he's going to transfer as well. Complete clown show in College Station. But that is beside the point.

    Had you not seen Friday Night Lights? As far as I know, it was supposed to be a pretty accurate depiction of Odessa. The Friday Night Lights book also has the complete history of the city in one of the chapters.

    Actually, no, I have only seen snippets of FNL.....though I hear that it was supposed to be good. Have not read the book either.

    But its still cool....even if I haven't seen or read it.

  • hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #73

    Final national rankings are out.

    Compilation of national rankings

    7. St Edward

    22. Wayne

    other Ohio teams in top 100

    Colerain

    Elder

    LaSalle

    Not a bad year for Ohio.

  • Final national rankings are out.

    Compilation of national rankings

    7. St Edward

    22. Wayne

    other Ohio teams in top 100

    Colerain

    Elder

    LaSalle

    Not a bad year for Ohio.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @hammertime said:

    Final national rankings are out.

    Compilation of national rankings

    7. St Edward

    22. Wayne

    other Ohio teams in top 100

    Colerain

    Elder

    LaSalle

    Not a bad year for Ohio.

    Give link to the whole list if you can.

  • hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #75
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @hammertime said:

    Katy TX....home of Nolan Ryan takes the title!

    Some familiar names: Concord De LaSalle, Jenks OK. St. Thomas Aquinas Ft. Lauderdale.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #77

    Katy is one of the best teams I've ever seen. I believe they only gave up about 55 points all year (16 games). In the state game, Lake Travis had -5 total yards at halftime.

    Sadly, my school fell to 1-7 in state championship games. I don't know how that's possible.

  • Katy is one of the best teams I've ever seen. I believe they only gave up about 55 points all year (16 games). In the state game, Lake Travis had -5 total yards at halftime.

    Sadly, my school fell to 1-7 in state championship games. I don't know how that's possible.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @wargograw said:

    Katy is one of the best teams I've ever seen. I believe they only gave up about 55 points all year (16 games). In the state game, Lake Travis had -5 total yards at halftime.

    Sadly, my school fell to 1-7 in state championship games. I don't know how that's possible.

    This is the OHIO high school football forum

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #79

    Kamalarry said:

    Now that all the area schools have their head coaches in place, any predictions for the upcoming football season? Who will be contenders for conferences or sectionals and why?

    Don't know, haven't given it much thought.   What are your views?