First team all NCAA team from the last 75 years
-
Offense
First teamSecond teamThird teamQB Roger Staubach, NavyTim Tebow, FloridaTommie Frazier, Nebraska
RB Archie Griffin, Ohio StateTony Dorsett, PittsburghBo Jackson, Auburn
RB Herschel Walker, GeorgiaBarry Sanders, Oklahoma StateDoak Walker, SMU
WR Larry Fitzgerald, PittsburghFred Biletnikoff, Florida StateAnthony Carter, Michigan
WR Jerry Rice, Mississippi Valley StateRandy Moss, MarshallCalvin Johnson, Georgia Tech
TE Keith Jackson, OklahomaMike Ditka, PittsburghGordon Hudson, BYU
OL John Hannah, AlabamaBill Fralic, PittsburghBarrett Jones, Alabama
OL Orlando Pace, Ohio StateJohn Hicks, Ohio StateWillie Roaf, Louisiana Tech
OL Will Shields, NebraskaCalvin Jones, IowaJerry Sisemore, Texas
OL Ron Yary, USCJonathan Ogden, UCLADean Steinkuhler, Nebraska
C Dave Rimington, NebraskaChuck Bednarik, PennJim Ritcher, NC State
Defense
First teamSecond teamThird teamDT Lee Roy Selmon, OklahomaMerlin Olsen, Utah StateSteve Emtman, Washington
DT Ndamukong Suh, NebraskaRandy White, MarylandReggie White, Tennessee
DE Leon Hart, Notre DameHugh Green, PittsburghBubba Smith, Michigan State
DE Ted Hendricks, MiamiBruce Smith, Virginia TechJack Youngblood, Florida
LB Tommy Nobis, TexasBrian Bosworth, OklahomaJack Ham, Penn State
LB Mike Singletary, BaylorDick Butkus, IllinoisLee Roy Jordan, Alabama
LB Derrick Thomas, AlabamaLuke Kuechly, Boston CollegeChris Spielman, Ohio State
DB Ronnie Lott, USCChamp Bailey, GeorgiaDré Bly, North Carolina
DB Deion Sanders, Florida StateKenny Easley, UCLADave Brown, Michigan
DB Jack Tatum, Ohio StateJerry Gray, TexasTroy Polamalu, USC
DB Charles Woodson, MichiganEd Reed, MiamiRoy Williams, Oklahoma
Special teams
First teamSecond teamThird teamP Ray Guy, Southern MissRussell Erxleben, TexasRohn Stark, Florida State
K Kevin Butler, GeorgiaMason Crosby, ColoradoTony Franklin, Texas A&M
RS Johnny Rodgers, NebraskaRaghib Ismail, Notre DameDerek Abney, Kentucky
Tried to clean it up the best I could. What do you think?
-
Somehow I think Herschei Walker should be on the list. I saw him, Archie, Emmett, and Bo....Herschell was the best back I ever saw. The guy was absolutely awesome. He ran over a lot of people. The last was Bill Bates over Bill Bates, who was a star for the Cowboys.
I'll add this one as well, the great Larry Munson on the call. Larry was the voice of the Dogs for maybe 40 years.
-
Who made the list?
-
Somehow I think Herschei Walker should be on the list. I saw him, Archie, Emmett, and Bo....Herschell was the best back I ever saw. The guy was absolutely awesome. He ran over a lot of people. The last was Bill Bates over Bill Bates, who was a star for the Cowboys.
I'll add this one as well, the great Larry Munson on the call. Larry was the voice of the Dogs for maybe 40 years.
Somehow I think Herschei Walker should be on the list. I saw him, Archie, Emmett, and Bo....Herschell was the best back I ever saw. The guy was absolutely awesome. He ran over a lot of people. The last was Bill Bates over Bill Bates, who was a star for the Cowboys.
I'll add this one as well, the great Larry Munson on the call. Larry was the voice of the Dogs for maybe 40 years.
Peen.....Herschel IS on the list. See what they did, they named a 2 first string RBs .....Walker and Archie Griffin were 1st string. (though I would have put OJ in there...he was left off altogether.....are they holding his later actions against him?
-
Who made the list?
Sorry. SBNation
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/8/20/9182173/ncaa-football-all-time-team
-
Reaching across so many decades like this can make it tough. Put Joey Bosa on a team in the 50s and we'd have awards named after him.
Also, not having Jake Long at all seemed kind of strange to me.
-
Reaching across so many decades like this can make it tough. Put Joey Bosa on a team in the 50s and we'd have awards named after him.
Also, not having Jake Long at all seemed kind of strange to me.
Reaching across so many decades like this can make it tough. Put Joey Bosa on a team in the 50s and we'd have awards named after him.
Also, not having Jake Long at all seemed kind of strange to me.
I would not have Tebow and Frazier in my top 3 all time. Roger the Dodger sure. Elway, Peyton, Namath would all be better. And I am not saying this because those guys had great pro careers and Tebow and Frazier didn't. I just think they were more dynamic even in college. Hell, I would probably put JMZ in ahead of those two.
And I would certainly put OJ in ahead of Doak Walker...though I did not see Doak play. Also hard to leave Earl Campbell off.
And even in college Munoz was a beast.
-
Pretty solid list but not having Adrian Peterson on that list is an oversight
-
Tebow there above people like Manning?
-
Tebow there above people like Manning?
I can see the argument for either. Tebow clearly had superior numbers in many ways, however he played in a time and offense more engineered to produce numbers
from simple execution. Meanwhile Manning was/is a downfield, pro style passer that didn't enjoy the YAC inflation Urban's offense and playmakers helped aid Tea Biscuit with.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login