Skip to content

92.3 Sports Projecting the Browns 53 Man Roster Thru 3 Games

The Browns Board
21 15 2.1k
  • Zombo said:

    This is pretty level-headed. I don't remember ever going with just 7 O-linemen, but I guess it wouldn't shock me if we tried it due to the versatility of Erving.

    I don't think the plan was for Thad Lewis to make the team, but Johnny's sore elbow is probably going to cost a valuable roster spot to someone who has earned it (Gaines/Meder). If the guy can't practice how do we make him the sole backup at QB?

    I agree that Bibbs has taken Housler's job, I don't feel that Jim Dray is an exciting selection, but you gotta have two good blocking tight ends (Barny and Dray) and these guys will also be called on to block for extra points and FGs if we are light on backup OL.

    I think this roster overall shows that special teams is the key to making the roster as depth players (Moore, Carder, Poyer, Bademosi), we may have the best special teams in the league this year if the placekicker is good.

    Not crazy about keeping the 4th RB (Draughn), again, would rather see Gaines and Meder over Thad and Draughn, but if Johnson misses more time with a concussion, then we have no choice but to keep another RB as well.

    This may sound crazy, but I would almost be willing to put Manziel on that flex IR position where you can bring the guy back midway through the season and just go with McCown and Thad at QB and get another one of the hard-working young guys on the roster.

    Zombo

    Don't think they keep Draughn. I also think they keep more than 10 DBs. They will stash the most ready to go OL on the PS but I wouldn't be surprised if Bowie makes the active roster. Doogie looks like the odd man out at TE. They like Malcolm Johnson at FB but Bibbs kind of plays that role too. Might only keep one of them and try stashing the other. The DL is missing Meder and Billy Winn and I don't see them leaving themselves thin there, either.

    We are going to be cutting some pretty damn good players no matter what. Don't remember cuts ever being this competetive. I think for sure Pryor has to play Thursday night. I don't think they can justify cutting a really good player for him. Also still wouldn't be surprised if Marlon Moore gets cut. I know they love the guy, but if you are keeping Bademosi, Poyer and Carder for mostly specials, Moore might be the odd guy out. Pullard may beat out Carder too.

    I would like to see them pick up Fred Jackson and eventually go with Duke, Crow and FJ. Piss on West (depending how the injuries go the rest of camp).

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @riffer-x said:

    We are going to be cutting some pretty damn good players no matter what. Don't remember cuts ever being this competetive.

    How long has it been since we could say that?

    The quality of the players on this team is slowly getting better!

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #13

    So, what would the practice squad look like? Just my best dumb guesses....

    Charles Gaines CB Would rather have him on the active roster, kid can PLAY
    Dylan Wynn DL
    Jamie Meder DL
    Travis Coons K
    Hayes Pullard ILB
    Mike Reilly OLB
    Darius Jennings WR Would rather have him on the active roster, kid can PLAY
    Darrian Miller OL
    Landon Feichter DB/S
    Josh Lenz WR
    But Shane Wynn gets a spot... replace Koons?
    I don't know how to figure it, just guessin
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #14

    A kicker to the PS seems a little weird, but otherwise looks good...

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    What "big" names get cut here?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Billy Winn may be biggest, but two draftees, Mayle and Pullard fail to make the 53 as does FA Housler.

  • Billy Winn may be biggest, but two draftees, Mayle and Pullard fail to make the 53 as does FA Housler.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tour2ma said:

    Billy Winn may be biggest, but two draftees, Mayle and Pullard fail to make the 53 as does FA Housler.

    Pullard has looked good when he was in there.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Billy Winn may be biggest, but two draftees, Mayle and Pullard fail to make the 53 as does FA Housler.

    Pullard has looked good when he was in there.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @the-gipper said:

    Pullard has looked good when he was in there.

    Yeah, if he beats out Carder I would not be too surprised.

    Zombo

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Right now, I have 43 players that have already made this team, based on their experience, performance, flashes, and potential....

    They are:

    QBs - McCown / Manziel

    RBs - Crowell / West / Draughn / D.Johnson / M.Johnson (FB)

    WRs - Bowe / Hartline / Gabriel / Benjamin / Hawkins

    TE - Barnidge

    OT - Thomas / Schwartz

    OG - Bitonio / Greco / Erving

    C -Mack

    DE - D.Bryant / Starks / Cooper / Hughes

    DT - Shelton / Taylor

    OLB - Kruger / Solomon / Mingo / Orchard / A.Bryant

    ILB - Dansby / Robertson / Kirksey

    CB - Haden / T.Williams / K.Williams / Desir / Gilbert

    S - Whitner / Gipson / Poyer

    LS - Hughlett

    P - Lee

    One spot goes to the winner of the K competetion. That makes 44...

    That leaves 9 roster spots for IMHO these 19 players: (I've bolded my picks)

    QB Lewis

    WR Lenz

    WR Mayle

    WR Moore

    WR Pryor

    TE Dray

    TE Bibbs

    TE Housler

    OT McDonald

    OG Painter

    DE Winn

    DE Meder

    ILB Carder

    ILB Pullard

    CB Gaines

    CB James

    CB Bademosi

    CB Nelson

    S Campbell

    I think Rankin, McDaniel, and the loser of the K battle will be cut by the end of the day today...

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #20

    Dylan Winn or Billy Winn or stick with Meder is a toughie?? ^^^^

  • Dylan Winn or Billy Winn or stick with Meder is a toughie?? ^^^^

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @gumby73 said:

    Dylan Winn or Billy Winn or stick with Meder is a toughie?? ^^^^

    Gotta think that Meder is in, as they cut Kitchen today....and with Taylors untested knee, Id say they'd be foolish to just keep him and Shelton....