Skip to content

RB's the Browns may have interest in........

The Browns Board
17 13 814
  • @gumby73 said:

    So I take it the Willis Mc Ghee and Ben Tate thing was a real struggle for you 😉

    Yep!!

    Seriously though, Crowell is fine (I know he fumbled too much last year). West had some good games (@Cincy in particular), but seems cocky. Duke, if healthy, could be the scat back we've been missing since maybe Metcalf. I think we'll be ok with what we have, hungry young guys.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @bob806 said:

    Yep!!

    Seriously though, Crowell is fine (I know he fumbled too much last year). West had some good games (@Cincy in particular), but seems cocky. Duke, if healthy, could be the scat back we've been missing since maybe Metcalf. I think we'll be ok with what we have, hungry young guys.

    Bob, I agree with you so you are probably wrong 😁 , but typically the reason why you go to a retread older RB is the guys watching these young guys in practice every day realize they aren't any good. One thing I think we typically overlook is player personnel lead to wins vs losses and cost coaches/GMs jobs.

  • @gumby73 said:

    So I take it the Willis Mc Ghee and Ben Tate thing was a real struggle for you 😉

    Yep!!

    Seriously though, Crowell is fine (I know he fumbled too much last year). West had some good games (@Cincy in particular), but seems cocky. Duke, if healthy, could be the scat back we've been missing since maybe Metcalf. I think we'll be ok with what we have, hungry young guys.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @bob806 said:

    Yep!!

    Seriously though, Crowell is fine (I know he fumbled too much last year). West had some good games (@Cincy in particular), but seems cocky. Duke, if healthy, could be the scat back we've been missing since maybe Metcalf. I think we'll be ok with what we have, hungry young guys.

    I like these guys in general but:

    Crowell - is careless with the ball at times but worse he seems to literally just trip over himself too often

    West - First he is just a dumbass, straight up stupid, add to that far to often he dances east west and he is a concern. I think the potential is there but a lot of work to be done, mostly inside his head

    Johnson - completely unproven, has a track record of being injury prone in college, definitely would like to see what he has

    If we keep 4 I would like to see these guys but a vet to guide them who still has gas in the tank would be great. I think Jackson. Thomas or Sproles fill that role. I also still love Bradshaw

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Is Sproles actually on the bubble in Philly?

    Only name other than Jackson that interests me... vet presence is a significant factor and it's coming out that Jackson is Mr. Teammate.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #9

    STEVEN Jackson was actually really good at just purely running the ball last year. He's available.

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Bryce Brown, and Jerick McKinnon would be no brainers but I doubt either would be available

  • Haven't we drafted 2 RBs in 2 years? Didn't we pass on WRs for Duke Johnson? Does our GM just get to draw names out of a hat or do we just assume the guys he drafts don't have to be impact players.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @baconhound said:

    Does our GM just get to draw names out of a hat or do we just assume the guys he drafts don't have to be impact players.

    @baconhound said:

    typically the reason why you go to a retread older RB is the guys watching these young guys in practice every day realize they aren't any good.

    I think we are talking about signing a vet simply because we want o carry more than 2 backs, and right now #3 and #4 are nursing injuries.....so, dont think it has to do with lack of talent or the guys we drafted not being good enough.....

  • @baconhound said:

    Does our GM just get to draw names out of a hat or do we just assume the guys he drafts don't have to be impact players.

    @baconhound said:

    typically the reason why you go to a retread older RB is the guys watching these young guys in practice every day realize they aren't any good.

    I think we are talking about signing a vet simply because we want o carry more than 2 backs, and right now #3 and #4 are nursing injuries.....so, dont think it has to do with lack of talent or the guys we drafted not being good enough.....

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @mudfly said:

    I think we are talking about signing a vet simply because we want o carry more than 2 backs, and right now #3 and #4 are nursing injuries.....so, dont think it has to do with lack of talent or the guys we drafted not being good enough.....

    If Draughn is healthy, and he is supposed to play Thursday, I don't think we make a move to replace a young guy with a retread.

    Zombo

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    OJ is supposed to get out of prison soon.....then he may be available. I hear he is looking to make a comeback. 😕

  • OJ is supposed to get out of prison soon.....then he may be available. I hear he is looking to make a comeback. 😕

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    We already have a Shelton. Pass. http://www.inquisitr.com/1891677/340-pound-o-j-simpson-ill-be-in-a-wheelchair-by-the-time-i-leave-prison/

    @the-gipper said:

    OJ is supposed to get out of prison soon.....then he may be available. I hear he is looking to make a comeback. 😕

  • We already have a Shelton. Pass. http://www.inquisitr.com/1891677/340-pound-o-j-simpson-ill-be-in-a-wheelchair-by-the-time-i-leave-prison/

    @the-gipper said:

    OJ is supposed to get out of prison soon.....then he may be available. I hear he is looking to make a comeback. 😕

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @texasag1969 said:

    My question is: Why do they feed him so well in prison? He says he eats all candy, sweets, Ice cream. Why do they allow all that stuff?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    My question is: Why do they feed him so well in prison? He says he eats all candy, sweets, Ice cream. Why do they allow all that stuff?

    F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    My question is: Why do they feed him so well in prison? He says he eats all candy, sweets, Ice cream. Why do they allow all that stuff?

    Because they make lots of money off inmates with over inflated prices. Like the $15.00 phone calls. Punishment vs profits. Guess who wins ?
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Poor guy. Bet his nearly decapitated ex wife and goldman really feel sorry for him.