Skip to content

HOW ABOUT THIS THEORY WITH FAVRE?

The Browns Board
28 18 1.6k
  • i hate brett favre.

    he's a media whore who deflects criticism with the false pretense of being an aw shucks good ol' boy who just loves to play football when really he's a self-centered bratty bitch. i want him nowhere near my team, especially with his obviously eroding skills that make his questionable decisionmaking all the less forgivable at this point in his career.

    Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @jewdago said:

    i hate brett favre.

    he's a media whore who deflects criticism with the false pretense of being an aw shucks good ol' boy who just loves to play football when really he's a self-centered bratty bitch. i want him nowhere near my team, especially with his obviously eroding skills that make his questionable decisionmaking all the less forgivable at this point in his career.

    Written beautifully. I agree whole heartedly.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #8
    What if they are working on bringing him out of retirement for one more year and moving both Quinn and Anderson?

    Why not.....it's as possible as any other idea or thought being floated.

  • S standish wrote on last edited by
    #9

    We'd have to give up something as he's under contract for another year with the jets if he comes back. Very unlikely.

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I think there is too many people smokin da reefer on this board...

  • I think there is too many people smokin da reefer on this board...

    ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @theclevelandsound said:

    I think there is too many people smokin da reefer on this board...

    and...

  • Not sure the exact cap ramifications of stockpiling 7 to 10 picks in the first three rounds, but this Favre thing has me wondering.

    What if they are working on bringing him out of retirement for one more year and moving both Quinn and Anderson? They would take Sanchez to be groomed under Favre for a year at five and fill more needs. Perhaps Edwards would go too for cap reasons or the other option would be to hang onto him if they do move both QB's, since Crabtree would then be out of the equation. If they could get somebody like Reggie Brown and another second for Edwards, they still could pull the trigger on that also.

    I could also see guys like Pool being dealt, he's another on the injury prone list with his concussion issues and people seem to forget Edwards had reconstructive surgery done early on in his career. They seem to be into ridding themselves of the injury problems and moving forward with affordable and veteran gap filler guys, which would be a perfect scenario to groom a bunch of second rounders at need positions for a year.

    I really have no clue what these guys are thinking and what they're up to, but it sure seems like they can do this housecleaning right if they choose to. I don't see how they can think Quinn is not the guy with nothing to base it on, but I could live with that scenario because I like Sanchez a lot. It would definitely make it really interesting, a helluva lot more interesting than another year of arguing over who should start at QB.

    Some in the Cleveland media (WKNR) are convinced Mankok doesn't like Quinn for lack of arm strength and DA for being, well, DA. I don't agree with those assessments, but these guys have free rein apparently, so who knows.

    L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @riffer-x said:

    Not sure the exact cap ramifications of stockpiling 7 to 10 picks in the first three rounds, but this Favre thing has me wondering.

    What if they are working on bringing him out of retirement for one more year and moving both Quinn and Anderson? They would take Sanchez to be groomed under Favre for a year at five and fill more needs. Perhaps Edwards would go too for cap reasons or the other option would be to hang onto him if they do move both QB's, since Crabtree would then be out of the equation. If they could get somebody like Reggie Brown and another second for Edwards, they still could pull the trigger on that also.

    I could also see guys like Pool being dealt, he's another on the injury prone list with his concussion issues and people seem to forget Edwards had reconstructive surgery done early on in his career. They seem to be into ridding themselves of the injury problems and moving forward with affordable and veteran gap filler guys, which would be a perfect scenario to groom a bunch of second rounders at need positions for a year.

    I really have no clue what these guys are thinking and what they're up to, but it sure seems like they can do this housecleaning right if they choose to. I don't see how they can think Quinn is not the guy with nothing to base it on, but I could live with that scenario because I like Sanchez a lot. It would definitely make it really interesting, a helluva lot more interesting than another year of arguing over who should start at QB.

    Some in the Cleveland media (WKNR) are convinced Mankok doesn't like Quinn for lack of arm strength and DA for being, well, DA. I don't agree with those assessments, but these guys have free rein apparently, so who knows.

    No. xxxx that. If Brett Favre plays here, I'll root for him to be injured. I liked him until he started pulling the will I/won't I media crybaby thing.

    Go away, Brett Favre, just go away.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    I think there is too many people smokin da reefer on this board...

    and...

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    and...

    ...and nobody is sharing 🙁

  • hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Brett Farve is a football player. He has earned everything he has to his name. Brett Farve is also a businessman.

    Make no doubt about it, if its not good for Farve he will only be here tro sign autographs.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Favre would come to the Browns as a mentor to both Da and Quinn in Mangini's Jets offense. Favre played for the Jets... it would

    be cool to have Favre's help - a jumpstart in training camp for both quarterbacks.

  • Favre would come to the Browns as a mentor to both Da and Quinn in Mangini's Jets offense. Favre played for the Jets... it would

    be cool to have Favre's help - a jumpstart in training camp for both quarterbacks.

    L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @calfoxwc said:

    Favre would come to the Browns as a mentor to both Da and Quinn in Mangini's Jets offense. Favre played for the Jets... it would

    be cool to have Favre's help - a jumpstart in training camp for both quarterbacks.

    On the one hand, you are right.

    On the other, Quinn is now in year 3 and Anderson is in year 4. They should be past the point of needing mentoring.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Favre would come to the Browns as a mentor to both Da and Quinn in Mangini's Jets offense. Favre played for the Jets... it would

    be cool to have Favre's help - a jumpstart in training camp for both quarterbacks.

    On the one hand, you are right.

    On the other, Quinn is now in year 3 and Anderson is in year 4. They should be past the point of needing mentoring.

    hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @lemosley01 said:

    On the one hand, you are right.

    On the other, Quinn is now in year 3 and Anderson is in year 4. They should be past the point of needing mentoring.

    Tell that to Aaron Rodgers

  • Not sure the exact cap ramifications of stockpiling 7 to 10 picks in the first three rounds, but this Favre thing has me wondering.

    What if they are working on bringing him out of retirement for one more year and moving both Quinn and Anderson? They would take Sanchez to be groomed under Favre for a year at five and fill more needs. Perhaps Edwards would go too for cap reasons or the other option would be to hang onto him if they do move both QB's, since Crabtree would then be out of the equation. If they could get somebody like Reggie Brown and another second for Edwards, they still could pull the trigger on that also.

    I could also see guys like Pool being dealt, he's another on the injury prone list with his concussion issues and people seem to forget Edwards had reconstructive surgery done early on in his career. They seem to be into ridding themselves of the injury problems and moving forward with affordable and veteran gap filler guys, which would be a perfect scenario to groom a bunch of second rounders at need positions for a year.

    I really have no clue what these guys are thinking and what they're up to, but it sure seems like they can do this housecleaning right if they choose to. I don't see how they can think Quinn is not the guy with nothing to base it on, but I could live with that scenario because I like Sanchez a lot. It would definitely make it really interesting, a helluva lot more interesting than another year of arguing over who should start at QB.

    Some in the Cleveland media (WKNR) are convinced Mankok doesn't like Quinn for lack of arm strength and DA for being, well, DA. I don't agree with those assessments, but these guys have free rein apparently, so who knows.

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @riffer-x said:

    I don't see how they can think Quinn is not the guy with nothing to base it on

    I have found the source of all your misunderstandings.

    Here's an FYI to get you caught up: Quinn had three starts. Looked like shit. You may have missed it.....

  • @riffer-x said:

    I don't see how they can think Quinn is not the guy with nothing to base it on

    I have found the source of all your misunderstandings.

    Here's an FYI to get you caught up: Quinn had three starts. Looked like shit. You may have missed it.....

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @lumbergh said:

    I have found the source of all your misunderstandings.

    Here's an FYI to get you caught up: Quinn had three starts. Looked like shit. You may have missed it.....

    Good God you are so predictable now it's not even interesting anymore. I knew for a fact that you would cherry pick this exact quote out of the whole post.

    Keep up the good work Lumsford, we may have another love song or two coming your way soon. I know you miss those and truthfully, so do I.

    Meanwhile, your Serial Drive Killer continues to demand a stack of pancakes in trade offers, which is why they have to move both......maybe.

    Shawn Kemp had more trade value when he weighed as much as Shaq than Dexter Anderson does right now.............that was a Cleveland reference BTW, you probably don't get the parallel.

  • @riffer-x said:

    I don't see how they can think Quinn is not the guy with nothing to base it on

    I have found the source of all your misunderstandings.

    Here's an FYI to get you caught up: Quinn had three starts. Looked like shit. You may have missed it.....

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @lumbergh said:

    I have found the source of all your misunderstandings.

    Here's an FYI to get you caught up: Quinn had three starts. Looked like shit. You may have missed it.....

    LMFAO.... Yup, in his one healthy start he posted a 100+ QBR and his team put 30+ on the board. Yeah, that's looking like shit.

    Based on your ass backwards analysis, you must have thought DA looked great against BALT both times.

  • @lemosley01 said:

    On the one hand, you are right.

    On the other, Quinn is now in year 3 and Anderson is in year 4. They should be past the point of needing mentoring.

    Tell that to Aaron Rodgers

    L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @hammertime said:

    Tell that to Aaron Rodgers

    Doesn't Aaron sort of punctuate my point...?

  • @lumbergh said:

    I have found the source of all your misunderstandings.

    Here's an FYI to get you caught up: Quinn had three starts. Looked like shit. You may have missed it.....

    Good God you are so predictable now it's not even interesting anymore. I knew for a fact that you would cherry pick this exact quote out of the whole post.

    Keep up the good work Lumsford, we may have another love song or two coming your way soon. I know you miss those and truthfully, so do I.

    Meanwhile, your Serial Drive Killer continues to demand a stack of pancakes in trade offers, which is why they have to move both......maybe.

    Shawn Kemp had more trade value when he weighed as much as Shaq than Dexter Anderson does right now.............that was a Cleveland reference BTW, you probably don't get the parallel.

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @riffer-x said:

    .............that was a Cleveland reference BTW, you probably don't get the parallel.

    Yeah them Oregoners don't know nuthin 'bout Shawn Kemp.....hey where'd he end up after Cleveland anyways?

    Riff when you know ahead of time that you're gonna get called out for posting BQ-luvin bullshit it means you KNOW you're a flamer.

  • @riffer-x said:

    .............that was a Cleveland reference BTW, you probably don't get the parallel.

    Yeah them Oregoners don't know nuthin 'bout Shawn Kemp.....hey where'd he end up after Cleveland anyways?

    Riff when you know ahead of time that you're gonna get called out for posting BQ-luvin bullshit it means you KNOW you're a flamer.

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @lumbergh said:

    Riff when you know ahead of time that you're gonna get called out for posting BQ-luvin bullshit it means you KNOW you're a flamer.

    Um... it was only BQ-luvin BS when you take one sentence out of context, like you did. Which is what he said he knew you would do.

    Once again, not the brightess bulb.

  • @riffer-x said:

    .............that was a Cleveland reference BTW, you probably don't get the parallel.

    Yeah them Oregoners don't know nuthin 'bout Shawn Kemp.....hey where'd he end up after Cleveland anyways?

    Riff when you know ahead of time that you're gonna get called out for posting BQ-luvin bullshit it means you KNOW you're a flamer.

    Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by Legacy Fan
    #24

    @lumbergh said:

    Yeah them Oregoners don't know nuthin 'bout Shawn Kemp.....hey where'd he end up after Cleveland anyways?

    The Trailblazers? 🙄

  • B Browns2405 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Watching the battles on this board between Inspecta and Lumbergh is reason enough to be a member of this board but being able to talk about my beloved browns is an added bonus..

  • @riffer-x said:

    .............that was a Cleveland reference BTW, you probably don't get the parallel.

    Yeah them Oregoners don't know nuthin 'bout Shawn Kemp.....hey where'd he end up after Cleveland anyways?

    Riff when you know ahead of time that you're gonna get called out for posting BQ-luvin bullshit it means you KNOW you're a flamer.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by Kosar_For_President
    #26

    @lumbergh said:

    Yeah them Oregoners don't know nuthin 'bout Shawn Kemp.....hey where'd he end up after Cleveland anyways?

    Riff when you know ahead of time that you're gonna get called out for posting BQ-luvin bullshit it means you KNOW you're a flamer.

    He ended up with 17 kids and holes in his heart from all the crack and coke he did.