Browns cut Phil Taylor
-
sorry, i liked phil when he was healthy. he dominated the run D last year in the thurs nite wallop of the bengals.
i'm hoping this is a good move.
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/01/browns-cut-former-first-rounder-phil-taylor/
Taylor asked to be released and we granted it.
If you don't want to play here, that makes it easy.
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/01/browns-cut-former-first-rounder-phil-taylor/
Taylor asked to be released and we granted it.
If you don't want to play here, that makes it easy.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/01/browns-cut-former-first-rounder-phil-taylor/
Taylor asked to be released and we granted it.
If you don't want to play here, that makes it easy.
Yeah that made it pretty damn easy for the front office.
-
I don't mind it.
-
Oh well. Danny better play like a possessed bear on the field.
-
I know it's off topic, but has anyone seen Phil Taylor and Rick Ross in the same place at the same time before?
-
-
Why would Phil Taylor ask out?
-
Big 12 DTs are a joke now.
-
Big 12 DTs are a joke now.
I hope none of them read this forum. You might wreck their confidence.
-
Good.
-
League source= Phil's agent.
Played 5 games last year. Had two knee surgeries.
Not a tough call with Danny here now.
Only tough pill to shallow was not cutting him before they had to pay him... But March is before the draft. If they don't draft Danny he is still here. Oh well. Still wonder if they tried to trade him out before hand and nobody took the bait.
-
lol... gotta love a good boomerang...
Always liked Phil over the nose. I have a feeling his lack of love for that position had something to do with this. I think he had a job here at NT, but wanted to be a DT/DE. I look for him to land on a 4-3 team.
I did see a note in an article that we came to an injury settlement with him. Impression I got was his guaranteed money was negotiated down and we threw in the release.
As for the roster...
Shelton is a run-stopping upgrade... at least over the Phil of today, maybe the Phil of anyday. And since Phil was not going to be a pass-rushing NT so all that was left was a 2nd string run stuffer... not that valuable.
AS for the wasted pick... old news... 2 FO's old to be precise.
-
What an embarrassment.
What an embarrassment.
walter, walter, walter...
is it going to be the first 3 weeks of negativity and then the 3 weeks of positivity or should we just call you mr. wishy washy from the get-go like we do every year?
a concrete deal with you must be like standing in a pond of quicksand.
-
Kinda surprised they couldn't trade him for something and just told him to kick rocks
Teams aren't going to trade for a guy if they think he will get cut. I'm not too surprised, a player's best ability is availability and Taylor wasn't available all that often. We've got Shelton, Hughes, and Meder as 1/2/3 on the NT depth chart. Should be plenty, but don't be surprised if we see additional cuts on the D-Line. I'd say one or two from Billy Winn, Dylan Wynn, Jacobbi McDaniel will be gone to get to 53.
-
Having to cut guys like Phil Taylor and Kitchen mean our team is getting much deeper in talent. In years past the guys we cut had a hard time getting jobs even outside football lol. This year a lot of our cuts will bet legit NFL jobs still.
Having to cut guys like Phil Taylor and Kitchen mean our team is getting much deeper in talent. In years past the guys we cut had a hard time getting jobs even outside football lol. This year a lot of our cuts will bet legit NFL jobs still.
I couldn't agree more. I always thought Taylor was a big "ugly" guy, but his that ugliness didn't show on the field. Good luck Phil, I really hope you prove me wrong, but I have my doubts.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login