Skip to content

Who Are Our Final Cuts?

The Browns Board
75 21 3.0k
  • @texasag1969 said:

    This is interesting concerning final 53.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/15372/johnny-manziels-elbow-key-to-makeup-of-browns-predicted-roster

    Yes, I think Thad is gone, but a third vet qb could be brought in. McGroin makes sense since he played for Flip.

    The Matt Barkley / Tim Tebow loser?

    Just kidding re Tebow.

    Just wanted to say it before someone says it with sincerity.

    Z

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Zombo said:

    Yes, I think Thad is gone, but a third vet qb could be brought in. McGroin makes sense since he played for Flip.

    The Matt Barkley / Tim Tebow loser?

    Just kidding re Tebow.

    Just wanted to say it before someone says it with sincerity.

    Z

    You can scratch Barkley off your wish list.

    @AdamSchefter: And so now, if Eagles carry three QBs, Tim Tebow makes it. But Matt Barkley is headed to AZ for a conditional 7th-rd pick.

  • Zombo said:

    Yes, I think Thad is gone, but a third vet qb could be brought in. McGroin makes sense since he played for Flip.

    The Matt Barkley / Tim Tebow loser?

    Just kidding re Tebow.

    Just wanted to say it before someone says it with sincerity.

    Z

    You can scratch Barkley off your wish list.

    @AdamSchefter: And so now, if Eagles carry three QBs, Tim Tebow makes it. But Matt Barkley is headed to AZ for a conditional 7th-rd pick.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @canton-dawg said:

    You can scratch Barkley off your wish list.

    @AdamSchefter: And so now, if Eagles carry three QBs, Tim Tebow makes it. But Matt Barkley is headed to AZ for a conditional 7th-rd pick.

    Smart move by the Cards.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Pryor over Carder

    Carder does not have NFL-level skills at LB. Keeping a player who's not able to play the field is a luxury we can't afford

  • I would "hate" to lose Lenz. With the history of drops in this city, man that kid is a flycatcher. And lest we forget he had some catches in the first or 2nd game where flat out beat some starting DB's on a pure vertical route. Kid has quicks. Not the biggest guy so I dunno, maybe not at Welkers level yet cause that guy you could send anywhere. But given some time I think Lenz can be the next welker.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @clevfan4life said:

    I would "hate" to lose Lenz. With the history of drops in this city, man that kid is a flycatcher. And lest we forget he had some catches in the first or 2nd game where flat out beat some starting DB's on a pure vertical route. Kid has quicks. Not the biggest guy so I dunno, maybe not at Welkers level yet cause that guy you could send anywhere. But given some time I think Lenz can be the next welker.

    I'm seeing a lot of Bryan Brenan in Lenz. I think he makes the 53. My guess is he won't clear waivers.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Pryor over Carder

    Carder does not have NFL-level skills at LB. Keeping a player who's not able to play the field is a luxury we can't afford

    Carder is only on the team because of his special teams play. The same could be said about Bademosi.

  • Roster (not depth chart)

    QB - McCown, Manziel - 2

    RB - Duke, West, Crowell - 3

    TE - Barnidge, Dray, Bibbs - 3

    WR - Bowe, Hartline, Hawkins, Gabriel, Benjamin, Pryor, Moore, Mayle - 8

    FB - Johnson - 1

    OL - Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Greco, Schwartz, Erving, A. McDonald - 7

    Total = 24

    DL - Shelton, D. Bryant, Starks, Cooper, Hughes, Meder, Winn, A. Bryant - 8

    LB - Solomon, Robertson, Orchard, Dansby, Mingo, Kruger, Kirksey, Carder - 8

    DB - Whitner, T. Williams, Haden, Gipson, Campbell, Poyer, Desir, Gilbert, K. Williams, Poyer, Bademosi - 10

    Total = 26; 50

    ST - Coons, Lee, Hughlett - 3

    Total = 3; 53

    PS:

    James, Kendall
    Flanders, Timothy
    Jennings
    Feichter, Landon
    McDaniel, Jacobbi
    Wynn, Dylan
    Saunders, De'Ante
    Pullard III, Hayes
    Lenz, Josh
    Gaines, Charles
    Notable cuts:
    Housler, Lewis, Draughn, Seymour, Painter, others...
    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @gftchris said:

    Roster (not depth chart)

    QB - McCown, Manziel - 2

    RB - Duke, West, Crowell - 3

    TE - Barnidge, Dray, Bibbs - 3

    WR - Bowe, Hartline, Hawkins, Gabriel, Benjamin, Pryor, Moore, Mayle - 8

    FB - Johnson - 1

    OL - Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Greco, Schwartz, Erving, A. McDonald - 7

    Total = 24

    DL - Shelton, D. Bryant, Starks, Cooper, Hughes, Meder, A. Bryant, Winn - 8

    LB - Solomon, Robertson, Orchard, Dansby, Mingo, Kruger, Kirksey, Carder, Pullard - 9

    DB - Whitner, T. Williams, Haden, Gipson, Campbell, Poyer, Desir, Gilbert, K. Williams, Gaines - 9

    Total = 26; 50

    ST - Coons, Lee, Hughlett - 3

    PS - Olsen, James, Lenz.......

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #47

    Well, cutting Lenz is pure fucking genius.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #48

    Confirmed Lenz gone. Love to have kept him. Hopefully a shot we get him on the PS but I doubt he clears waivers

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #49

    He will clear waivers lol

  • He will clear waivers lol

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @mike-h said:

    He will clear waivers lol

    agreed.....he'll be there waiting.....if we need him.....

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #51

    Sounds like Jacoby McDaniel is gone too....

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #52

    Hope Lenz does make PS to protect injuries to smalls Hawk, Gabe, Hart or Benji..Our real concern imo is WR's with any size Bowe, Pryor and Mayle have proved absolutely nothing.

  • @gftchris said:

    Roster (not depth chart)

    QB - McCown, Manziel - 2

    RB - Duke, West, Crowell - 3

    TE - Barnidge, Dray, Bibbs - 3

    WR - Bowe, Hartline, Hawkins, Gabriel, Benjamin, Pryor, Moore, Mayle - 8

    FB - Johnson - 1

    OL - Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Greco, Schwartz, Erving, A. McDonald - 7

    Total = 24

    DL - Shelton, D. Bryant, Starks, Cooper, Hughes, Meder, A. Bryant, Winn - 8

    LB - Solomon, Robertson, Orchard, Dansby, Mingo, Kruger, Kirksey, Carder, Pullard - 9

    DB - Whitner, T. Williams, Haden, Gipson, Campbell, Poyer, Desir, Gilbert, K. Williams, Gaines - 9

    Total = 26; 50

    ST - Coons, Lee, Hughlett - 3

    PS - Olsen, James, Lenz.......

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @mudfly said:

    @gftchris said:

    Roster (not depth chart)

    QB - McCown, Manziel - 2

    RB - Duke, West, Crowell - 3

    TE - Barnidge, Dray, Bibbs - 3

    WR - Bowe, Hartline, Hawkins, Gabriel, Benjamin, Pryor, Moore, Mayle - 8

    FB - Johnson - 1

    OL - Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Greco, Schwartz, Erving, A. McDonald - 7

    Total = 24

    DL - Shelton, D. Bryant, Starks, Cooper, Hughes, Meder, A. Bryant, Winn - 8

    LB - Solomon, Robertson, Orchard, Dansby, Mingo, Kruger, Kirksey, Carder, Pullard - 9

    DB - Whitner, T. Williams, Haden, Gipson, Campbell, Poyer, Desir, Gilbert, K. Williams, Gaines - 9

    Total = 26; 50

    ST - Coons, Lee, Hughlett - 3

    PS - Olsen, James, Lenz.......

    As far as I can see, I was wrong only on Mayle out, Bademosi in. Any others?

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Also, only carrying 6 OL. Guessing we pick one up from waivers pretty quickly (since Farmer is suspended as of tomorrow night?)

  • Here it is folks... now let's see how wrong I am tomorrow...

    QB – McCown / Manziel

    RB – Crowell / West / D.Johnson

    FB – M.Johnson

    WR – Hartline / Bowe / Moore

    WR2 – Gabriel / Benjamin / Pryor

    WRS - Hawkins

    TE – Barnidge / Dray / Bibbs / Housler

    LT – Thomas

    LG – Bitonio

    C – Mack

    RG – Greco / Erving

    RT – Schwartz / *FA Signing

    DE – Starks / Cooper

    NT – Shelton / Hughes / Meder

    DE – D.Bryant / A.Bryant

    OLB – Kruger / Orchard

    ILB – Dansby / Carder

    ILB – Robertson / Kirksey

    OLB – Solomon / Mingo

    CB1 – Haden / Desir / Bademosi

    CB2 – T.Williams / Gilbert

    CBS – K.Williams / Gaines

    FS – Gipson / Poyer

    SS – Whitner / Campbell

    LS – Hughlett

    K – Coons

    P - Lee

    IR – Ekpre-Olomu / Telfer / Shaw / Winston / Bowie

    PS – Mayle / Lenz / Miller / D.Wynn / McDaniel / Pullard / Nelson

    Waiver signing – OT

    PS signing – QB / OL / RB

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @thenew23 said:

    Here it is folks... now let's see how wrong I am tomorrow...

    QB McCown / Manziel

    RB Crowell / West / D.Johnson

    FB M.Johnson

    WR Hartline / Bowe / Moore

    WR2 Gabriel / Benjamin / Pryor

    WRS - Hawkins

    TE Barnidge / Dray / Bibbs / Housler

    LT Thomas

    LG Bitonio

    C Mack

    RG Greco / Erving

    RT Schwartz / *FA Signing

    DE Starks / Cooper

    NT Shelton / Hughes / Meder

    DE D.Bryant / A.Bryant

    OLB Kruger / Orchard

    ILB Dansby / Carder

    ILB Robertson / Kirksey

    OLB Solomon / Mingo

    CB1 Haden / Desir / Bademosi

    CB2 T.Williams / Gilbert

    CBS K.Williams / Gaines

    FS Gipson / Poyer

    SS Whitner / Campbell

    LS Hughlett

    K Coons

    P - Lee

    IR Ekpre-Olomu / Telfer / Shaw / Winston / Bowie

    PS Mayle / Lenz / Miller / D.Wynn / McDaniel / Pullard / Nelson

    Waiver signing OT

    PS signing QB / OL / RB

    So... i was right about everything so far except they kept B.Winn and only 6 olinemen... For now...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Down to 53 by 4pm est this Sat. We have a lot of hard decisions to make in the FO.

    Looking at the roster, I could take a crack at the guys I've never heard of getting the axe- but I won't. The only cut I'm really interested in is if Pryor makes the final 53. He can't be stashed on Practice squad.

    I do wonder why they didn't keep Shaw active, put him on the 53- and then use the IR designated to return on him. Enlighten me if there's a limit to how many players you can use that on. If it's only one, I understand their thinking. I think Shaw would be more valuable down the road than any of the other 22 hangers on that are going to get the boot.

    Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @hoorta said:

    Looking at the roster, I could take a crack at the guys I've never heard of getting the axe- but I won't. The only cut I'm really interested in is if Pryor makes the final 53. He can't be stashed on Practice squad.

    I do wonder why they didn't keep Shaw active, put him on the 53- and then use the IR designated to return on him. Enlighten me if there's a limit to how many players you can use that on. If it's only one, I understand their thinking. I think Shaw would be more valuable down the road than any of the other 22 hangers on that are going to get the boot.

    One
  • @mudfly said:

    @gftchris said:

    Roster (not depth chart)

    QB - McCown, Manziel - 2

    RB - Duke, West, Crowell - 3

    TE - Barnidge, Dray, Bibbs - 3

    WR - Bowe, Hartline, Hawkins, Gabriel, Benjamin, Pryor, Moore, Mayle - 8

    FB - Johnson - 1

    OL - Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Greco, Schwartz, Erving, A. McDonald - 7

    Total = 24

    DL - Shelton, D. Bryant, Starks, Cooper, Hughes, Meder, A. Bryant, Winn - 8

    LB - Solomon, Robertson, Orchard, Dansby, Mingo, Kruger, Kirksey, Carder, Pullard - 9

    DB - Whitner, T. Williams, Haden, Gipson, Campbell, Poyer, Desir, Gilbert, K. Williams, Gaines - 9

    Total = 26; 50

    ST - Coons, Lee, Hughlett - 3

    PS - Olsen, James, Lenz.......

    As far as I can see, I was wrong only on Mayle out, Bademosi in. Any others?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @gftchris said:

    As far as I can see, I was wrong only on Mayle out, Bademosi in. Any others?

    McDonald out... Seymore in (but suspended first 4 games)

  • Hope Lenz does make PS to protect injuries to smalls Hawk, Gabe, Hart or Benji..Our real concern imo is WR's with any size Bowe, Pryor and Mayle have proved absolutely nothing.

    Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @gumby73 said:

    Hope Lenz does make PS to protect injuries to smalls Hawk, Gabe, Hart or Benji..Our real concern imo is WR's with any size Bowe, Pryor and Mayle have proved absolutely nothing.

    Bowe looked terrible, Hartline is solid. Need a QB and WR need big WR's next year

    Why cut Lenz?

  • @mudfly said:

    @gftchris said:

    Roster (not depth chart)

    QB - McCown, Manziel - 2

    RB - Duke, West, Crowell - 3

    TE - Barnidge, Dray, Bibbs - 3

    WR - Bowe, Hartline, Hawkins, Gabriel, Benjamin, Pryor, Moore, Mayle - 8

    FB - Johnson - 1

    OL - Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Greco, Schwartz, Erving, A. McDonald - 7

    Total = 24

    DL - Shelton, D. Bryant, Starks, Cooper, Hughes, Meder, A. Bryant, Winn - 8

    LB - Solomon, Robertson, Orchard, Dansby, Mingo, Kruger, Kirksey, Carder, Pullard - 9

    DB - Whitner, T. Williams, Haden, Gipson, Campbell, Poyer, Desir, Gilbert, K. Williams, Gaines - 9

    Total = 26; 50

    ST - Coons, Lee, Hughlett - 3

    PS - Olsen, James, Lenz.......

    As far as I can see, I was wrong only on Mayle out, Bademosi in. Any others?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @gftchris said:

    As far as I can see, I was wrong only on Mayle out, Bademosi in. Any others?

    Ha...except thats the one I posted(justed quoted yours, then added my guys, to save some writing...not to confuse)...😉

    a quick glance says you had Bademosi tho.....

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #60

    lol... remember boys... we're on the honor system here... 😛

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #61

    To break the tie Mud, where is Housler? Sorry we all had him out but TheNews had it all along.