Skip to content

Who Are Our Final Cuts?

The Browns Board
75 21 3.0k
  • Hope Lenz does make PS to protect injuries to smalls Hawk, Gabe, Hart or Benji..Our real concern imo is WR's with any size Bowe, Pryor and Mayle have proved absolutely nothing.

    @gumby73 said:

    Hope Lenz does make PS to protect injuries to smalls Hawk, Gabe, Hart or Benji..Our real concern imo is WR's with any size Bowe, Pryor and Mayle have proved absolutely nothing.

    Bowe looked terrible, Hartline is solid. Need a QB and WR need big WR's next year

    Why cut Lenz?

  • @mudfly said:

    @gftchris said:

    Roster (not depth chart)

    QB - McCown, Manziel - 2

    RB - Duke, West, Crowell - 3

    TE - Barnidge, Dray, Bibbs - 3

    WR - Bowe, Hartline, Hawkins, Gabriel, Benjamin, Pryor, Moore, Mayle - 8

    FB - Johnson - 1

    OL - Thomas, Bitonio, Mack, Greco, Schwartz, Erving, A. McDonald - 7

    Total = 24

    DL - Shelton, D. Bryant, Starks, Cooper, Hughes, Meder, A. Bryant, Winn - 8

    LB - Solomon, Robertson, Orchard, Dansby, Mingo, Kruger, Kirksey, Carder, Pullard - 9

    DB - Whitner, T. Williams, Haden, Gipson, Campbell, Poyer, Desir, Gilbert, K. Williams, Gaines - 9

    Total = 26; 50

    ST - Coons, Lee, Hughlett - 3

    PS - Olsen, James, Lenz.......

    As far as I can see, I was wrong only on Mayle out, Bademosi in. Any others?

    @gftchris said:

    As far as I can see, I was wrong only on Mayle out, Bademosi in. Any others?

    Ha...except thats the one I posted(justed quoted yours, then added my guys, to save some writing...not to confuse)...😉

    a quick glance says you had Bademosi tho.....

  • lol... remember boys... we're on the honor system here... 😛

  • To break the tie Mud, where is Housler? Sorry we all had him out but TheNews had it all along.

  • @gftchris said:

    As far as I can see, I was wrong only on Mayle out, Bademosi in. Any others?

    McDonald out... Seymore in (but suspended first 4 games)

    @tour2ma said:

    McDonald out... Seymore in (but suspended first 4 games)

    Pretty sure they cut Seymore

  • @tour2ma said:

    McDonald out... Seymore in (but suspended first 4 games)

    Pretty sure they cut Seymore

    @thenew23 said:

    Pretty sure they cut Seymore

    You are correct, Sir...

    08/27/2015 Waived OL Ryan Seymour.

  • Seymour Butts

  • Confirmed Lenz gone. Love to have kept him. Hopefully a shot we get him on the PS but I doubt he clears waivers

    @tiamat63 said:

    Confirmed Lenz gone. Love to have kept him. Hopefully a shot we get him on the PS but I doubt he clears waivers

    @mike-h said:

    He will clear waivers lol

    OK Mike- I"d love to hear why team(s) think Lenz isn't that good. Didn't realize he was on the Colts & Seahawks rosters too.

    I'd compare that to the absolute suckage we saw preseason out of Bowe. MHO is that guy is as washed up as a dead whale on a beach.

  • Bowe's stats won't be any better than Duron Carter, who was just cut by the Colts. One of the main reasons they kept Bowe was the 6'2/220 size.. and Carter's a bit taller at 6'5/205. Carter's also 6 yrs younger than Bowe [24 vs 30].

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Confirmed Lenz gone. Love to have kept him. Hopefully a shot we get him on the PS but I doubt he clears waivers

    @mike-h said:

    He will clear waivers lol

    OK Mike- I"d love to hear why team(s) think Lenz isn't that good. Didn't realize he was on the Colts & Seahawks rosters too.

    I'd compare that to the absolute suckage we saw preseason out of Bowe. MHO is that guy is as washed up as a dead whale on a beach.

    @hoorta said:

    OK Mike- I"d love to hear why team(s) think Lenz isn't that good. Didn't realize he was on the Colts & Seahawks rosters too.

    I'd compare that to the absolute suckage we saw preseason out of Bowe. MHO is that guy is as washed up as a dead whale on a beach.

    He's not very good. Is still unclaimed. Average size, speed and hands. Made catches against future CFL defenders. Way too much hype for a JAG

  • @hoorta said:

    OK Mike- I"d love to hear why team(s) think Lenz isn't that good. Didn't realize he was on the Colts & Seahawks rosters too.

    I'd compare that to the absolute suckage we saw preseason out of Bowe. MHO is that guy is as washed up as a dead whale on a beach.

    He's not very good. Is still unclaimed. Average size, speed and hands. Made catches against future CFL defenders. Way too much hype for a JAG

    @mike-h said:

    He's not very good. Is still unclaimed. Average size, speed and hands. Made catches against future CFL defenders. Way too much hype for a JAG

    Size, sure, though his 40 time was around 4.4. Not saying he's a star, but that's not slow.

  • @mike-h said:

    He's not very good. Is still unclaimed. Average size, speed and hands. Made catches against future CFL defenders. Way too much hype for a JAG

    Size, sure, though his 40 time was around 4.4. Not saying he's a star, but that's not slow.

    @gftchris said:

    Size, sure, though his 40 time was around 4.4. Not saying he's a star, but that's not slow.

    Not necessarily fast, either. 15+ WR's ran in the 4.4's in the last NFL combine, of about 40 participants.

    It's slightly above average, but nothing to secure a roster spot over. Especially when we have three other receivers who clocked faster 40 times.

  • @gftchris said:

    Size, sure, though his 40 time was around 4.4. Not saying he's a star, but that's not slow.

    Not necessarily fast, either. 15+ WR's ran in the 4.4's in the last NFL combine, of about 40 participants.

    It's slightly above average, but nothing to secure a roster spot over. Especially when we have three other receivers who clocked faster 40 times.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Not necessarily fast, either. 15+ WR's ran in the 4.4's in the last NFL combine, of about 40 participants.

    It's slightly above average, but nothing to secure a roster spot over. Especially when we have three other receivers who clocked faster 40 times.

    Sure. I'm not a lenz-a-holic like others, but I wouldn't mind seeing him on the PS. Wynn is more in the mould of the Gabe/Hawk receiver than Lenz, I think, so he probably won't be back. I hope Mayle is back, but that's purely because I hope we didn't waste a fourth round pick on him.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Not necessarily fast, either. 15+ WR's ran in the 4.4's in the last NFL combine, of about 40 participants.

    It's slightly above average, but nothing to secure a roster spot over. Especially when we have three other receivers who clocked faster 40 times.

    Sure. I'm not a lenz-a-holic like others, but I wouldn't mind seeing him on the PS. Wynn is more in the mould of the Gabe/Hawk receiver than Lenz, I think, so he probably won't be back. I hope Mayle is back, but that's purely because I hope we didn't waste a fourth round pick on him.

    @gftchris said:

    Sure. I'm not a lenz-a-holic like others, but I wouldn't mind seeing him on the PS. Wynn is more in the mould of the Gabe/Hawk receiver than Lenz, I think, so he probably won't be back. I hope Mayle is back, but that's purely because I hope we didn't waste a fourth round pick on him.

    I agree with all of those points. I don't know is Lenz is eligible, though. I would hope so, but I don't feel like looking it up.

  • @gftchris said:

    Sure. I'm not a lenz-a-holic like others, but I wouldn't mind seeing him on the PS. Wynn is more in the mould of the Gabe/Hawk receiver than Lenz, I think, so he probably won't be back. I hope Mayle is back, but that's purely because I hope we didn't waste a fourth round pick on him.

    I agree with all of those points. I don't know is Lenz is eligible, though. I would hope so, but I don't feel like looking it up.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I agree with all of those points. I don't know is Lenz is eligible, though. I would hope so, but I don't feel like looking it up.

    He hasn't played a snap in a competitive game, so should be?

  • he's eligible.....

  • But on a 3rd year PS player the browns must keep there PS at 10 members at all times or activate him. correct??

  • well...PS is now at 10.....

    Added Dylan Wynn and OL Garth Gerhart (who was on our PS a couple/few ago)....

    and Gaines put on injured reserve???.....which opens another spot.....??

    or the new QB is gonna be active?>....