Skip to content

Annual Prediction time

The Browns Board
49 21 2.0k
  • It is Annual Prediction Time for who makes the playoffs and goes to the Super Bowl.

    AFCEast: New England. Having Brady helps. Having no real competition in that division has helped them for years....though this year Buffalo may give them a run.

    AFCNorth: Baltimore. I think all three of the playoff teams from last year in this division are somewhat weaker than they were last year.....but though the Browns may be a factor, they are still probably not ready for prime time. This team has the most proven coach in my opinion.

    AFCSouth: Indianapolis. Having a little "Luck" gives them the slight edge in this division.

    AFCWest: San Diego. I think Peyton shows his age a bit and the Chargers could be primed to take advantage.

    Wildcards: Houston and Buffalo. Both with strong defenses....something that one team they beat out (the Steelers) no longer has. Bengals fall back as well. Other challengers: Browns/Chiefs

    NFCEast: Philadelphia. Though Kelly is a major whack job....I think he knows enough and now has enough to take this division.

    NFCNorth: Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers, nuff said....even with a missing #1 WR.

    NFCSouth: Carolina: Newton continues to improve. Losing their #1 also hurts....but only N.O. is a threat to them IMO.

    NFCWest: Seattle. They continue their potential dominance. Adding Jimmy Graham helps.

    Wildcards: Arizona, with Arians and a healthy Palmer (if Palmer goes down again...perhaps not so much). Minnesota. The Twat leads them to a winning record. Other challengers: Rams....if Foles steadies the QB slot...they got the D. Cowboys will revert to 9-7/8-8. Lions hurt by DL defections. Saints have Brees...but do they have anything else.

    Super Bowl teams. Seahawks vs. Chargers. Its a wild guess on half of it.

  • Compare ESPN Predicitions:

    AFCE: Pats

    AFCN: Bengals

    AFCS: Colts

    AFCW: Broncos

    WCs: Texans.....then any of the following: Chiefs/Steelers/Ravens/Dolphins/Bills ( who they say will all go 9-7)

    NFCE: Cowboys

    NFCN: Packers

    NFCS: Panthers

    NFCW: Seahawks

    WCs: Saints and Eagles

  • AFCE: Pats - with Brady, duh.


    AFCN: Steelers - Byant won't be a huge loss, and Bell is only out for two games. That O will put 30-40 points on the board regularly. The D is suspect but doesn't need to be great


    AFCS: Colts - that division...SMH. The browns would be legitimate contenders.


    AFCW: Broncos - yep, Manning has a season left.


    WCs: Ravens & Dolphins - Ravens look weaker, but not by much; Dolphins could be nasty this year, if Tannehill keeps progressing, and Suh helps the D step up. Oh, and that Cameron guy. Could be the bills if Tyrod Taylor can be halfway decent.



    NFCE: Eagles - Of all the pieces they've added, you don't hear much about Kiko Alonso, he should be huge for them


    NFCN: Packers - Duh


    NFCS: Saints - Should be stronger on O with Unger, while graham's big play will be replaced at least partly by Cooks.


    NFCW: Seahawks - not seeing a huge drop off.


    WCs: Cards & Vikes - Cards D plus a healthy Palmer should see good things for them; Vikes getting Bridgewater more comfortable, Patterson and Johnson look a solid 1-2, and AP is AP. The D should be stronger this year too.


  • I focus so much on the Browns and AFC North that I'm not too good at predictions involving the other divisions, but here goes:

    AFC North- Browns figure out a way to protect their home field and win division

    AFC East: Patriots

    AFC South: Houston edges out Indy

    AFC West: Chargers

    AFC Wild Cards: Steelers, Broncos

    NFC East: NY Giants

    NFC North: Packers

    NFC South: Falcons

    NFC West: Seahawks

    NFC WIld Cards: Cardinals, Eagles

    Super Bowl (homer pick): Browns over Packers, shock the world

    Super Bowl (reality pick): Packers over Patriots

  • AFC East - Patriots - They had the best record in the AFC last year, they had the highest point differential in the NFL, and oh yeah... they are the defending champs...

    AFC North - Baltimore - I don't know why they will be good, but they will. I think the schedule favors them to have another 10 win season, which may win the division.

    AFC South - Colts - There is really nobody to compete with them

    AFC West - Denver - The best regular season QB in NFL history will be able to produce. Plus, they improved their D.

    AFC WC - Pittsburgh - Bell and Bryant being suspended may cost them a game, which may be enough to allow the Ravens ahead of them

    AFC WC - Miami - They're pretty stacked with talent, but it's up to Tannehill to lead them to the post-season

    AFC near misses:

    Buffalo - I'm not a believer in Tyrod Taylor

    Cincinnati - I think Dalton takes a step back

    San Diego - The defense isn't good enough

    Houston - Hoyer is Hoyer...

    Cleveland - McCown is McCown

    NFC East - Philadelphia - Call me crazy, but I think Bradford has a bounce-back year... my "comeback player of the year" award winner (prediction)

    NFC North - Green Bay - Rodgers is just too good, and the competetion is not quite there

    NFC South - Atlanta - Healthy weapons for Ryan, a beefed up O-line, and enough FAs added on D to make an impact... Quitely looking good...

    NFC West - Seattle - Losing their all-pro C will have a major impact, but I still think the D is good enough to win the division. I want to pick Arizona, but I don't trust Palmer's health

    NFC WC - New Orleans - Drew Brees has something to prove, and the offense looks more balanced than ever

    NFC WC - Minnesota - There is no reason they shouldn't be in the post-season... unless TBW isn't as good as advertised...

    NFC near misses:

    Dallas - It's great to have an o-line, but somebody has to hit the holes... Pretty sure they revert to a pass-happy team, which doesn't work well for Romo

    Arizona - It won't be easy going through the AFCN this year... will Palmer survive?

    Detroit - They just don't ever seem to put together 2 good seasons, plus their front 4 aren't as intimidating

    Carolina - They had a negative point differential last year and made the playoffs... they just aren't very good...

  • AFC-N -Balt.

    AFC-S -Colts

    AFC-E -NE

    AFC-W-Den

    AFC WC's-Dolphins and Chiefs

    NFC-E-Eagles

    NFC-W-Seahawks

    NFC-S -Saints

    NFC-N -Minn.

    NFC WC's-Packers and Cardinals

  • AFC-N -Balt.

    AFC-S -Colts

    AFC-E -NE

    AFC-W-Den

    AFC WC's-Dolphins and Chiefs

    NFC-E-Eagles

    NFC-W-Seahawks

    NFC-S -Saints

    NFC-N -Minn.

    NFC WC's-Packers and Cardinals

    @texasag1969 said:

    AFC-N -Balt.

    AFC-S -Colts

    AFC-E -NE

    AFC-W-Den

    AFC WC's-Dolphins and Chiefs

    NFC-E-Eagles

    NFC-W-Seahawks

    NFC-S -Saints

    NFC-N -Minn.

    NFC WC's-Packers and Cardinals

    AFCN - balt. flacco's arm looks craaaaazy. (browns 2nd and make the playoffs)

    AFCS - indy

    AFCW - chiefs

    AFCE - bills

    NFCN - detroit. rodgers yes, but no targets to throw to.

    NFCS - panthers

    NFCW - cards

    NFCE - cowboys

  • Bengals

    Texans

    Broncos

    Patriots, let's not kid ourselves

    Packers

    Saints

    Cards

    Cowboys

  • other people's afc picks:

    i really don't see denver doing it this year. call me a debbie downer but i think peyton manning is done. well not done but one hit away from being retired.

    buffalo is on the cusp of being dominate in the east but keeps getting F'd in the ass by belichick. see the tide turning this year.

    nfc:

    if you're a defensive coordinator and have to game-plan aaron rodgers this year then you take away, what one WR and just key on stopping lacy?

    new orleans? love rob ryan but c'mon man. never liked drew brees and ain't gonna start now.

  • Whether you like Brees or not doesn't change the fact he (co-)led the league in passing yards last year in what was a down season for him.

  • "buffalo is on the cusp"

    And we all know how that went with the same guy coaching the Jets with an unsettled QB position last couple years or so.

    I kind of like this bold stuff. I caught it from your quote. 😆

  • AFC

    East--Pats.....screw em. Hope Bills give them a run

    North--Browns only if McCown plays lights out. If not 1 of the others that I refuse to mention

    South--probably Colts but would like to see Hoyer take Texans to playoffs

    West--Broncos if they truly take some passing away from Manning. His last year by the way

    Wild Cards--Bills, Colts or Texans depending on who wins that division. Would have put Browns in there but they're winning the North, so there.

    NFC

    East--Eagles zzzzzzz

    North--Pack, if not for Rodgers, zzzzzzzz

    South--Panthers or who the f*** cares

    West--Cards if they stay healthy. Too much weirdness for seahawks this time around.

    Wild Cards--Vikes and Rams cause I could care less

    Super Bowl Denver over Green Bay which is why this is Peyton's last year.

    Browns will get 1 home playoff victory because can you imagine the frenzy!!!!

  • I'm going to drop a few shockers in my picks this year. I think it is a year of change. Not much separating the top 20 or so teams in my opinion, going to be a wild year.

    Zombo

  • Mik, of course Manning (or anyone) is one hit away from being injured, but if he's healthy I think he'll be fine this year.

    They'll have a quarterback controversy all year and their OL sucks. Young QB behind bad OL. We've seen how that plays out.

    How can one simultaneously believe in the shiny hood ornament theory and think that losing a wide receiver will affect a team? Wouldn't it not matter? Since I don't believe in the SHOT I will take your question on its face. They have a top 3 pass blocking OL, the best quarterback in the league, Eddy Lacy, and they still have Randall Cobb. Yeah, I think their offense will be fine.

    Drew Brees is from my suburb and went to my high school so I don't share the hate for him in the first place but as gftChris said, he did lead the league in passing yards last season. Now they're leaning a bit more on the run game (allegedly), got CJ Spiller, added an elite center, etc. I'm not saying they'd be a playoff team in another division, just that they are the best in an awful one.

  • hey just my opinion.

    go ahead pile on like the yahoo draftbot who flunked me for picking amari cooper and melvin gordon.

    note to gilbert: "if not now, then when?"

  • Who's Gilbert?

    My second paragraph was about the Bills btw.

    I see Amari Cooper winning OROY.

  • AFCE: Pats


    AFCN: Bungles


    AFCS: Colts


    AFCW: Broncos


    WCs: Chargers - Browns



    NFCE: Eagles


    NFCN: Packers


    NFCS: Saints


    NFCW: Cardinals


    WCs: Seahawks - Vikings


  • I'm going to drop a few shockers in my picks this year. I think it is a year of change. Not much separating the top 20 or so teams in my opinion, going to be a wild year.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I'm going to drop a few shockers in my picks this year. I think it is a year of change. Not much separating the top 20 or so teams in my opinion, going to be a wild year.

    Zombo

    OK, so, where are they?

  • Zombo said:

    I'm going to drop a few shockers in my picks this year. I think it is a year of change. Not much separating the top 20 or so teams in my opinion, going to be a wild year.

    Zombo

    OK, so, where are they?

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, so, where are they?

    They'll be out this week, same as they always are.

    Hunting through the closet for my crystal ball as we speak.

    I wish they would stop putting fucking AFC North teams in the Thursday Game, I gotta do a TWITAFCN too.

    Zombo

  • Z creates his crystal ball. 😆