Pettine sliding us toward running a 4-3 again?
-
You're going to see it, so make peace with that. How Kruger is put in that situation, by audible of necessity/scheme or by intention is another story.
but why on earth? We were running 4 man fronts with Solomon's hand down on the other side and Kruger standing up just slightly off the line on his side. Basically showing a 5 man front with the Will possibly showing rush but dropping into protection. Kruger simply can't do it. We are going to get burned with that look. I trust Kruger in zone but man coverage? I was thinking they were just having fun cause Mingo's hurt, that's how we should be using Mingo not fucking Kruger.
but why on earth? We were running 4 man fronts with Solomon's hand down on the other side and Kruger standing up just slightly off the line on his side. Basically showing a 5 man front with the Will possibly showing rush but dropping into protection. Kruger simply can't do it. We are going to get burned with that look. I trust Kruger in zone but man coverage? I was thinking they were just having fun cause Mingo's hurt, that's how we should be using Mingo not fucking Kruger.
Kruger would be checking the TE and dropping underneath him or to a hook/curl/flat responsibility.
I have a feeling you're answering your own questions - Mingo isn't good to go. I'm surprised Orchard isn't getting those looks being that he's a bit more fluid
and space. If Kruger has any coverage responsibility it will be tracking a back or floating into a curl/flat zone to the boundary, nothing much more.
-
Kruger has looked quicker to me this pre-season... can't hurt his coverage. Solomon has looked one-trick-ish...
Back on Wynn... successful 3-4 DEs have been in his mold, I just hope the staff doesn't bulk him up as they did Winn.
Kruger has looked quicker to me this pre-season... can't hurt his coverage. Solomon has looked one-trick-ish...
Back on Wynn... successful 3-4 DEs have been in his mold, I just hope the staff doesn't bulk him up as they did Winn.
Praying that don't do that to Cooper either. He has an elite first step at an already solid weight.
-
Maybe I don't remember correctly, but that wasn't zone coverage against Buffalo where he got burned. I agree with you though, dropping him underneath into zone on certain routes is perfectly acceptable "if" we can't put another legit Will on the field.
-
I was under the impression that Taylor was better suited for a 4-3? If they were switching why would they cut him?
WSS
-
Kruger has looked quicker to me this pre-season... can't hurt his coverage. Solomon has looked one-trick-ish...
Back on Wynn... successful 3-4 DEs have been in his mold, I just hope the staff doesn't bulk him up as they did Winn.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login