Skip to content

Free Josh Gordon!

The Browns Board
42 19 1.6k
  • @poeticg said:

    Just listen, he passed nearly 180 piss tests. The league is being unfair in it's discipline of Josh Gordon, period.

    Well, if I drive home from work sober 180 times, and on #181 a cop pulls me over after I drank a quart of Margaritas at the local bar, guess what? I'm going to the slammer. Yeah- the number of tests is absurd- but the NFLPA let the league get away with it.

    @hoorta said:

    Well, if I drive home from work sober 180 times, and on #181 a cop pulls me over after I drank a quart of Margaritas at the local bar, guess what? I'm going to the slammer. Yeah- the number of tests is absurd- but the NFLPA let the league get away with it.

    But if you drink 180 nights....and you also drink on the 181st night and do nothing else.....like drive....that would not be fair.

    I agree, you drive impaired putting people in danger you suffer the consequences.

    I have dealt out those consequences on many occasions......but I have never dealt out consequences for someone just drinking....just for drinking and driving. (Or if while impaired they do other stupid shit.....like become disorderly or whatever)

  • if u do the crime you will have to do the time

    @7moses7 said:

    if u do the crime you will have to do the time

    Again, no crime involved.....just a corporate rule.

    And hell....as I said, it will no longer be a "crime" soon.....so it will just be a corporate rule.

  • "If people would just pay me to stop robbin' 'em, I'd stop robbin' 'em"-Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid 😛

    "Gordon, however, insists he has no real problem, and no one has yet proven otherwise." 😆

    Funny thing is they do want to pay him for not using and he just doesn't get that. Better go to JF's rehab center where they teach you different, because apparently he can't hear it from the horse's mouth. 😳

    @texasag1969 said:

    "If people would just pay me to stop robbin' 'em, I'd stop robbin' 'em"-Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid 😛

    "Gordon, however, insists he has no real problem, and no one has yet proven otherwise." 😆

    Funny thing is they do want to pay him for not using and he just doesn't get that. Better go to JF's rehab center where they teach you different, because apparently he can't hear it from the horse's mouth. 😳

    I think the plus is we haven't heard anything bad about Josh this year- YET (as a drug counselor I know likes to say). Still working out were the reports. Around 7 months till he can apply for reinstatement. I wonder if this suspension (assuming he can stay clean) will count as "time served" until his drug record gets wiped clean- it's 2 years, isn't it? Hey if he can come back and come close to that one year production, it will be worth the wait. But I doubt the Browns will take him back without having a backup plan in place.

  • @7moses7 said:

    if u do the crime you will have to do the time

    Again, no crime involved.....just a corporate rule.

    And hell....as I said, it will no longer be a "crime" soon.....so it will just be a corporate rule.

    @the-gipper said:

    Again, no crime involved.....just a corporate rule.

    And hell....as I said, it will no longer be a "crime" soon.....so it will just be a corporate rule.

    Don't like the corporate rules? Go get employed somewhere else.

    Shit Disney didn't allow beards until a couple years ago.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again, no crime involved.....just a corporate rule.

    And hell....as I said, it will no longer be a "crime" soon.....so it will just be a corporate rule.

    Don't like the corporate rules? Go get employed somewhere else.

    Shit Disney didn't allow beards until a couple years ago.

    @usfbrown said:

    Don't like the corporate rules? Go get employed somewhere else.

    Shit Disney didn't allow beards until a couple years ago.

    Corporate rules can be change a lot easier than statutes....and they ain't fucking sacred by any means.

    I think this WILL be a major area of negotiation next time the CBA comes up.

  • @usfbrown said:

    Don't like the corporate rules? Go get employed somewhere else.

    Shit Disney didn't allow beards until a couple years ago.

    Corporate rules can be change a lot easier than statutes....and they ain't fucking sacred by any means.

    I think this WILL be a major area of negotiation next time the CBA comes up.

    @the-gipper said:

    Corporate rules can be change a lot easier than statutes....and they ain't fucking sacred by any means.

    I think this WILL be a major area of negotiation next time the CBA comes up.

    No arguments about that. Some are stupid as hell, i.e Disney. Point is, you gotta follow company rules else find a job somewhere else.

    You're not entitled to your job. Especially when you're highly compensated like NFL players. I'd eat dog shit once a week to make millions per year to play a kids game, if the company mandated it.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again, no crime involved.....just a corporate rule.

    And hell....as I said, it will no longer be a "crime" soon.....so it will just be a corporate rule.

    Don't like the corporate rules? Go get employed somewhere else.

    Shit Disney didn't allow beards until a couple years ago.

    @usfbrown said:

    Don't like the corporate rules? Go get employed somewhere else.

    Shit Disney didn't allow beards until a couple years ago.

    ftm...the Yankees didnt allow beards either....I think that changed in the 90's?

  • @usfbrown said:

    Don't like the corporate rules? Go get employed somewhere else.

    Shit Disney didn't allow beards until a couple years ago.

    ftm...the Yankees didnt allow beards either....I think that changed in the 90's?

    @mudfly said:

    ftm...the Yankees didnt allow beards either....I think that changed in the 90's?

    actually, I think that is still the rule.

  • Why hasn't some savvy reporter asked Joe Thomas' thoughts on the crime vs the punishment?

  • History shows us nobody has been able to save Josh Gordon from Josh Gordon.

    He's turning down millions of $ to be Potsie.

  • joe thomas is fishing somewhere, minding his own biz, not getting into any type of trouble.

    look up class in the nfl dictionary and you'll see a pic of joe thomas underneath the description.