Skip to content

Harbaugh is in for a LONG year

College Football Forum
105 16 4.6k
  • I am pretty sure we'll do better than 6-6. That's basically our floor.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @mld-woody said:

    I am pretty sure we'll do better than 6-6. That's basically our floor.

    5-7

    Right now, your floor is technically 0-12.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by wargograw
    #22

    I just talked to a Michigan transplant here at work. She thinks they go 7-5 this year, Harbaugh gets his recruits (no timetable on that), then they're "unstoppable."

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #23

    I think harbaugh is a good coach but overrated. I think his appeal is overrated, his coaching ability is overrated and his supposed winning reputation is overrated. I know woody will become apoplectic with rage over that but I'm not saying that only because he's at Michigan now. I would have told you that about him in San Francisco too. At stanford he was under my radar, but is it possible Andrew luck had a lot to do with his success there? I think it is.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #24

    It's not always a guarantee that coaches who have won at smaller programs can win at bigger ones. Bigger programs involve a lot of ego management. It's not easy.

  • I think harbaugh is a good coach but overrated. I think his appeal is overrated, his coaching ability is overrated and his supposed winning reputation is overrated. I know woody will become apoplectic with rage over that but I'm not saying that only because he's at Michigan now. I would have told you that about him in San Francisco too. At stanford he was under my radar, but is it possible Andrew luck had a lot to do with his success there? I think it is.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I think harbaugh is a good coach but overrated. I think his appeal is overrated, his coaching ability is overrated and his supposed winning reputation is overrated. I know woody will become apoplectic with rage over that but I'm not saying that only because he's at Michigan now. I would have told you that about him in San Francisco too. At stanford he was under my radar, but is it possible Andrew luck had a lot to do with his success there? I think it is.

    So with his entire body of work, you think he is overrated. And the only reasoning you have is Andrew Luck.

    Insightful

  • It's not always a guarantee that coaches who have won at smaller programs can win at bigger ones. Bigger programs involve a lot of ego management. It's not easy.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @wargograw said:

    It's not always a guarantee that coaches who have won at smaller programs can win at bigger ones. Bigger programs involve a lot of ego management. It's not easy.

    Which would be appropriate here if this were the first jump he was making...

  • I just talked to a Michigan transplant here at work. She thinks they go 7-5 this year, Harbaugh gets his recruits (no timetable on that), then they're "unstoppable."

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @wargograw said:

    I just talked to a Michigan transplant here at work. She thinks they go 7-5 this year, Harbaugh gets his recruits (no timetable on that), then they're "unstoppable."

    The line in Vegas has been 7.5 wins, so she's definitely within reason there. "unstoppable" is way to string of a word. Give it 3 or 4 years until they're in the national title conversation. But I'd never say unstoppable...

  • @wargograw said:

    I just talked to a Michigan transplant here at work. She thinks they go 7-5 this year, Harbaugh gets his recruits (no timetable on that), then they're "unstoppable."

    The line in Vegas has been 7.5 wins, so she's definitely within reason there. "unstoppable" is way to string of a word. Give it 3 or 4 years until they're in the national title conversation. But I'd never say unstoppable...

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @mld-woody said:

    The line in Vegas has been 7.5 wins, so she's definitely within reason there. "unstoppable" is way to string of a word. Give it 3 or 4 years until they're in the national title conversation. But I'd never say unstoppable...

    In 3 or 4 years, Harbaugh will be gone. That's his track record

  • @mld-woody said:

    The line in Vegas has been 7.5 wins, so she's definitely within reason there. "unstoppable" is way to string of a word. Give it 3 or 4 years until they're in the national title conversation. But I'd never say unstoppable...

    In 3 or 4 years, Harbaugh will be gone. That's his track record

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @browns149 said:

    In 3 or 4 years, Harbaugh will be gone. That's his track record

    Because he's moved up each time... and now he is where he wants to be.

  • @browns149 said:

    In 3 or 4 years, Harbaugh will be gone. That's his track record

    Because he's moved up each time... and now he is where he wants to be.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @mld-woody said:

    Because he's moved up each time... and now he is where he wants to be.

    If you believe him he wanted to be in San Francisco but was forced out

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #31

    581627_3729516482020_1515405672_n.jpg?oh

  • @wargograw said:

    It's not always a guarantee that coaches who have won at smaller programs can win at bigger ones. Bigger programs involve a lot of ego management. It's not easy.

    Which would be appropriate here if this were the first jump he was making...

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @mld-woody said:

    Which would be appropriate here if this were the first jump he was making...

    Going from SDSU to Stanford still leaves you woefully short of knowing how to manage the egos of a big time program. Hey, he'll probably do fine, I just don't like when people assume a guy will dominate the CFB big leagues just because he dominated the small ones.

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #33

    It's a rivalry Woody. Don't expect anything other than this.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Because he's moved up each time... and now he is where he wants to be.

    If you believe him he wanted to be in San Francisco but was forced out

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    If you believe him he wanted to be in San Francisco but was forced out

    and how has that been going for San Francisco?

    If he wanted to be in the NFL, he'd still be in the NFL.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Which would be appropriate here if this were the first jump he was making...

    Going from SDSU to Stanford still leaves you woefully short of knowing how to manage the egos of a big time program. Hey, he'll probably do fine, I just don't like when people assume a guy will dominate the CFB big leagues just because he dominated the small ones.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @wargograw said:

    Going from SDSU to Stanford still leaves you woefully short of knowing how to manage the egos of a big time program. Hey, he'll probably do fine, I just don't like when people assume a guy will dominate the CFB big leagues just because he dominated the small ones.

    He had no egos to manage on an NFL team?

    Who has said he will dominate?

    Was Stanford in a "small league"? They play in the same FBS as everyone else, correct? Or are you calling the PAC 12 small?

    You said there's no guarantee he'll win because he's only won at a "small program". That completely ignores each program he's turned around, it makes Stanford sound like a MAC team, and it ignores his entire NFL stint...

  • It's a rivalry Woody. Don't expect anything other than this.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @comeonman said:

    It's a rivalry Woody. Don't expect anything other than this.

    No, of course. I am fine with the shit talking and what not. I just would like common sense, based in reality, or factual responses from the other side. Responding with inaccurate statements and straw man gets really old, really fast. It is amazing how much some people can lose any ability to reason and use common sense when it involves OSU and Michigan. I see it here a lot though. It is probably a byproduct of all of the success OSU has had recently. A delusional, arrogant, fanbase. I'd probably be saying the same thing about Bama fans.

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Don't know if you noticed, but YOUR reality or what you view as common sense matches approximately 0 % of the board population opinion concerning this subject matter and not much higher on other subjects..

  • AxeA Axe

    Don't know if you noticed, but YOUR reality or what you view as common sense matches approximately 0 % of the board population opinion concerning this subject matter and not much higher on other subjects..

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @axe said:

    Don't know if you noticed, but YOUR reality or what you view as common sense matches approximately 0 % of the board population opinion concerning this subject matter and not much higher on other subjects..

    Are you talking the political board? 2 things there. One, don't confuse multiple threads about the same thing made by the same people as the population believing that. Two, I'm fine being seen as not agreeing with them on a handful of subjects. I have no problem with not being seen as being on the wrong side of history

    When it comes to this board, no shit, most of you are OSU fans. I know a lot of sensible OSU fans in real life. Maybe it is the anonymity of the online forum that brings it out, but there are a lot of childlike, toll-like, moronic posts on the subject at hand. Again, if am seen as not fitting that mold, I am ok with it.

    I have no doubt that if an unbiased observer read through some of the old threads on here, I'd be seen as the reasonable one. Multiple times I've been called out for not being completely 100% OSU 100% of the time. Where the other side gives nothing more than posts attacking Michigan or just spewing incorrect nonsense. If only I did that too.... huh?

  • @wargograw said:

    Going from SDSU to Stanford still leaves you woefully short of knowing how to manage the egos of a big time program. Hey, he'll probably do fine, I just don't like when people assume a guy will dominate the CFB big leagues just because he dominated the small ones.

    He had no egos to manage on an NFL team?

    Who has said he will dominate?

    Was Stanford in a "small league"? They play in the same FBS as everyone else, correct? Or are you calling the PAC 12 small?

    You said there's no guarantee he'll win because he's only won at a "small program". That completely ignores each program he's turned around, it makes Stanford sound like a MAC team, and it ignores his entire NFL stint...

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @mld-woody said:

    He had no egos to manage on an NFL team?

    Who has said he will dominate?

    Was Stanford in a "small league"? They play in the same FBS as everyone else, correct? Or are you calling the PAC 12 small?

    You said there's no guarantee he'll win because he's only won at a "small program". That completely ignores each program he's turned around, it makes Stanford sound like a MAC team, and it ignores his entire NFL stint...

    You can cut guys in the NFL. Everyone's got a professionals mentality. Completely different ball game.

    Pretty much every Michigan fan. If not, what exactly do you think he will do?

    "Big leagues" is an expression. Stanford is not in the CFB big leagues when it comes to programs. Had nothing to do with the PAC 12.

    It doesn't ignore each program he's turned around. It says it's a small program. Exactly what I said.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You should say you will be happy with 6-6....because you should be happy with 6-6 vs. what it could be.

    We lost the first game, by 7, on the road at night against a good team, with a -3 turnover margin. And it was only 7 points.

    What do you think "what it could be" is? Most people are putting the bottom as 6-6, with 8-4 a reasonable expectation.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @mld-woody said:

    We lost the first game, by 7, on the road at night against a good team, with a -3 turnover margin. And it was only 7 points.

    What do you think "what it could be" is? Most people are putting the bottom as 6-6, with 8-4 a reasonable expectation.

    8-4 is optimal expectation, 6-6 is reasonable expectation. 4-8 is not beyond the realm of possibility.