Skip to content

53... and now what? Roster Analysis... Something doesn't add up

The Browns Board
66 19 2.4k
  • So, who gets cut for Draughn this week? Or, who else do we sign?

    @thenew23 said:

    So, who gets cut for Draughn this week? Or, who else do we sign?

    Got to believe we sign RB. Bibbs > Housler in offensive schemes. M. Moore our 7th WR only a good ST'er at this point. Could risk MM getting to PS and drop 1 of 4 OL on PS (Miller or Ladson). Adding a player after week 1 games puts player at a 1 year lower minimum, but now is the time before players can pretty much say where they will go. Hope Farmer unlocked the money but doubt it. No more Mc Ghee's please.

  • Why's no one mentioned the idea that they could cut Pryor after giving him a "tryout" in the first couple games.

    @wargograw said:

    Why's no one mentioned the idea that they could cut Pryor after giving him a "tryout" in the first couple games.

    Just imagine if they did that with your guy Johnny after "his" 2 games last season....hahaha...

    @wargograw said:

    The NFL is all about getting on the field in real action. Nothing else matters or will necessarily be indicative of future success.....

    Nothing else matters?......So, does that include Heisman winners from big schools???......just wondering.....

  • @wargograw said:

    Why's no one mentioned the idea that they could cut Pryor after giving him a "tryout" in the first couple games.

    Just imagine if they did that with your guy Johnny after "his" 2 games last season....hahaha...

    @wargograw said:

    The NFL is all about getting on the field in real action. Nothing else matters or will necessarily be indicative of future success.....

    Nothing else matters?......So, does that include Heisman winners from big schools???......just wondering.....

    @mudfly said:

    Nothing else matters?......So, does that include Heisman winners from big schools???......just wondering.....

    Have no fear, war will somehow try to twist this...... But like he - and Metallica said, "Nothing else matters".

  • I'd cut Marlon Moore first over Bibbs

  • I expect to see Bibbs playing against the Jets

    Zombo

  • I'd cut Marlon Moore first over Bibbs

    @mike-h said:

    I'd cut Marlon Moore first over Bibbs

    I think Moore stays, along with Carder and Bademosi, purely for special teams. At least, two of them stay and Carder is first up to leave.

  • Have no problem cutting Carder either. I think Bademosi offers more at DB than either do at WR or LB

  • Have no problem cutting Carder either. I think Bademosi offers more at DB than either do at WR or LB

    @mike-h said:

    Have no problem cutting Carder either. I think Bademosi offers more at DB than either do at WR or LB

    Bademosi is #11 DB out of 11. He's also #1 STer on the team the last three years or something. Tabor gets to keep a couple for that only.

  • @mike-h said:

    I'd cut Marlon Moore first over Bibbs

    I think Moore stays, along with Carder and Bademosi, purely for special teams. At least, two of them stay and Carder is first up to leave.

    @gftchris said:

    I think Moore stays, along with Carder and Bademosi, purely for special teams. At least, two of them stay and Carder is first up to leave.

    Agreed. Moore is #1 KR and #1 gunner.

    Zombo

  • @wargograw said:

    Bibbs can play and I'm excited about him long term but we may be overstating his effectiveness right now.

    If not Housler ... who is your cut?

    Z

    Zombo said:

    If not Housler ... who is your cut?

    @wargograw said:

    Bibbs.

    @mike-h said:

    I'd cut Marlon Moore

    @gftchris said:

    Carder is first up to leave.

    Ha!....talk about varied opinions......Ill put my votes in for either Bademosi or Dray....

    @d-bone said:

    Have no fear, war will somehow try to twist this......

    Yeah probably......JFF will somehow be the exception......

  • First to be cut from the entire roster would be a TE, IMO. 4 is too many, I think Barnidge stays for the versatility (to disguise the play?), Dray stays for running downs, and then one of Bibbs or Housler. More upside with Bibbs, but he could make it to the PS.

    Carder would be first up of the core STers - Moore, Bademosi, Carder.

  • @gftchris said:

    I think Moore stays, along with Carder and Bademosi, purely for special teams. At least, two of them stay and Carder is first up to leave.

    Agreed. Moore is #1 KR and #1 gunner.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Agreed. Moore is #1 KR and #1 gunner.

    Zombo

    Agree-too valuable to a team that needs every bit of field it can steal.

  • I'm not sure Bibbs would make it to the PS.

    I'd drop Housler. Just has that Fool's gold feel about him.

  • I'm not sure Bibbs would make it to the PS.

    I'd drop Housler. Just has that Fool's gold feel about him.

    @tour2ma said:

    I'm not sure Bibbs would make it to the PS.

    I'd drop Housler. Just has that Fool's gold feel about him.

    ....something about Housler reminds me of a guy named Lawyer Tillman...........

  • @wargograw said:

    Why's no one mentioned the idea that they could cut Pryor after giving him a "tryout" in the first couple games.

    Just imagine if they did that with your guy Johnny after "his" 2 games last season....hahaha...

    @wargograw said:

    The NFL is all about getting on the field in real action. Nothing else matters or will necessarily be indicative of future success.....

    Nothing else matters?......So, does that include Heisman winners from big schools???......just wondering.....

    @mudfly said:

    Just imagine if they did that with your guy Johnny after "his" 2 games last season....hahaha...

    Nothing else matters?......So, does that include Heisman winners from big schools???......just wondering.....

    You mean 5 or 6 quarters? Yes. That would have been dumb. And it would be dumb in Pryor's case too.

    Where'd I say winning a Heisman would make you an NFL success? A statement like that would fly in the face of a ton of data. Sorry to burst your bubble but you haven't caught me in any sort of hypocrisy whatsoever.

  • @mudfly said:

    Nothing else matters?......So, does that include Heisman winners from big schools???......just wondering.....

    Have no fear, war will somehow try to twist this...... But like he - and Metallica said, "Nothing else matters".

    @d-bone said:

    Have no fear, war will somehow try to twist this...... But like he - and Metallica said, "Nothing else matters".

    No twisting here. That I said being a Heisman winner makes you a good NFL player is twisting. Run along now.

  • @mudfly said:

    Just imagine if they did that with your guy Johnny after "his" 2 games last season....hahaha...

    Nothing else matters?......So, does that include Heisman winners from big schools???......just wondering.....

    You mean 5 or 6 quarters? Yes. That would have been dumb. And it would be dumb in Pryor's case too.

    Where'd I say winning a Heisman would make you an NFL success? A statement like that would fly in the face of a ton of data. Sorry to burst your bubble but you haven't caught me in any sort of hypocrisy whatsoever.

    @wargograw said:

    Where'd I say winning a Heisman would make you an NFL success?

    Um, no where....now where did I say you said that?......that lil "?" at the end of my question meant I was asking....not stating....

    @wargograw said:

    No twisting here. That I said being a Heisman winner makes you a good NFL player is twisting. Run along now.

    And your very good at the twist.....cause no one said that ....^^^^^^^.....right?

    I "asked" simply because that was your answer as to why we had to endure the whole A&M love fest last year(remember when you said that yesterday???).....so my question was simply to see if that same logic(heisman-big school) carried over to play on the field(or was it just an excuse for the manlove?)....

    But, based upon your answer above, Ill assume it only applies to the overt manlove thing.....

  • Why's no one mentioned the idea that they could cut Pryor after giving him a "tryout" in the first couple games.

    @wargograw said:

    Why's no one mentioned the idea that they could cut Pryor after giving him a "tryout" in the first couple games.

    They can cut anyone from Joe Thomas to Richard Pryor.....so its not worth mentioning

  • @mudfly said:

    some news from todays practice....

    1) Johnny was throwing a football and Pettine says he'll be ready Sunday(and will be the back up)....

    2) Pettine also said the Browns are trying to get Mayle on the PS and that still may happen.....(trying???).....so maybe its him who doesnt want us????

    apparently Mayle was asked to sign and said he had other options.....sooooo.......see ya

    I saw on Twitter that Mayle signed with the Cowgirls to be on their PS.

    Good riddance!

    @canton-dawg said:

    I saw on Twitter that Mayle signed with the Cowgirls to be on their PS.

    Good riddance!

    Well, figure this: if we got Pryor for a 4th round draft choice, and signed Mayle as a UDFA....and Mayle was released.....would we think twice about it?

    So that is one way to look at it. If our Free agent WR performs well enough to beat out our 4th round QB....and he performs as well as we expect a 4th rounder should.....we got equal value out of things.

    Fair to say?

  • @gftchris said:

    I think Moore stays, along with Carder and Bademosi, purely for special teams. At least, two of them stay and Carder is first up to leave.

    Agreed. Moore is #1 KR and #1 gunner.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Agreed. Moore is #1 KR and #1 gunner.

    Zombo

    I repeat.....he doesn't make me forget Josh Cribbs at either role.

    Where can we get someone that is closer to Cribbs?

    Who can be our killer KOR and gunner. Moore ain't it.

    Edit.....why can't we get Gilbert in there returning kicks.....wasn't he super at that in college.....or did his fucked up brain also cause him to lose that skill as well?

    We should try him a least......and try to get some production out of his sorry ass.

    Moore averaged 24 yards on KORs......a long of just 32.

    We can do better.