Skip to content

53... and now what? Roster Analysis... Something doesn't add up

The Browns Board
66 19 2.4k
  • @mike-h said:

    I'd cut Marlon Moore first over Bibbs

    I think Moore stays, along with Carder and Bademosi, purely for special teams. At least, two of them stay and Carder is first up to leave.

    @gftchris said:

    I think Moore stays, along with Carder and Bademosi, purely for special teams. At least, two of them stay and Carder is first up to leave.

    Agreed. Moore is #1 KR and #1 gunner.

    Zombo

  • @wargograw said:

    Bibbs can play and I'm excited about him long term but we may be overstating his effectiveness right now.

    If not Housler ... who is your cut?

    Z

    Zombo said:

    If not Housler ... who is your cut?

    @wargograw said:

    Bibbs.

    @mike-h said:

    I'd cut Marlon Moore

    @gftchris said:

    Carder is first up to leave.

    Ha!....talk about varied opinions......Ill put my votes in for either Bademosi or Dray....

    @d-bone said:

    Have no fear, war will somehow try to twist this......

    Yeah probably......JFF will somehow be the exception......

  • First to be cut from the entire roster would be a TE, IMO. 4 is too many, I think Barnidge stays for the versatility (to disguise the play?), Dray stays for running downs, and then one of Bibbs or Housler. More upside with Bibbs, but he could make it to the PS.

    Carder would be first up of the core STers - Moore, Bademosi, Carder.

  • @gftchris said:

    I think Moore stays, along with Carder and Bademosi, purely for special teams. At least, two of them stay and Carder is first up to leave.

    Agreed. Moore is #1 KR and #1 gunner.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Agreed. Moore is #1 KR and #1 gunner.

    Zombo

    Agree-too valuable to a team that needs every bit of field it can steal.

  • I'm not sure Bibbs would make it to the PS.

    I'd drop Housler. Just has that Fool's gold feel about him.

  • I'm not sure Bibbs would make it to the PS.

    I'd drop Housler. Just has that Fool's gold feel about him.

    @tour2ma said:

    I'm not sure Bibbs would make it to the PS.

    I'd drop Housler. Just has that Fool's gold feel about him.

    ....something about Housler reminds me of a guy named Lawyer Tillman...........

  • @wargograw said:

    Why's no one mentioned the idea that they could cut Pryor after giving him a "tryout" in the first couple games.

    Just imagine if they did that with your guy Johnny after "his" 2 games last season....hahaha...

    @wargograw said:

    The NFL is all about getting on the field in real action. Nothing else matters or will necessarily be indicative of future success.....

    Nothing else matters?......So, does that include Heisman winners from big schools???......just wondering.....

    @mudfly said:

    Just imagine if they did that with your guy Johnny after "his" 2 games last season....hahaha...

    Nothing else matters?......So, does that include Heisman winners from big schools???......just wondering.....

    You mean 5 or 6 quarters? Yes. That would have been dumb. And it would be dumb in Pryor's case too.

    Where'd I say winning a Heisman would make you an NFL success? A statement like that would fly in the face of a ton of data. Sorry to burst your bubble but you haven't caught me in any sort of hypocrisy whatsoever.

  • @mudfly said:

    Nothing else matters?......So, does that include Heisman winners from big schools???......just wondering.....

    Have no fear, war will somehow try to twist this...... But like he - and Metallica said, "Nothing else matters".

    @d-bone said:

    Have no fear, war will somehow try to twist this...... But like he - and Metallica said, "Nothing else matters".

    No twisting here. That I said being a Heisman winner makes you a good NFL player is twisting. Run along now.

  • @mudfly said:

    Just imagine if they did that with your guy Johnny after "his" 2 games last season....hahaha...

    Nothing else matters?......So, does that include Heisman winners from big schools???......just wondering.....

    You mean 5 or 6 quarters? Yes. That would have been dumb. And it would be dumb in Pryor's case too.

    Where'd I say winning a Heisman would make you an NFL success? A statement like that would fly in the face of a ton of data. Sorry to burst your bubble but you haven't caught me in any sort of hypocrisy whatsoever.

    @wargograw said:

    Where'd I say winning a Heisman would make you an NFL success?

    Um, no where....now where did I say you said that?......that lil "?" at the end of my question meant I was asking....not stating....

    @wargograw said:

    No twisting here. That I said being a Heisman winner makes you a good NFL player is twisting. Run along now.

    And your very good at the twist.....cause no one said that ....^^^^^^^.....right?

    I "asked" simply because that was your answer as to why we had to endure the whole A&M love fest last year(remember when you said that yesterday???).....so my question was simply to see if that same logic(heisman-big school) carried over to play on the field(or was it just an excuse for the manlove?)....

    But, based upon your answer above, Ill assume it only applies to the overt manlove thing.....

  • Why's no one mentioned the idea that they could cut Pryor after giving him a "tryout" in the first couple games.

    @wargograw said:

    Why's no one mentioned the idea that they could cut Pryor after giving him a "tryout" in the first couple games.

    They can cut anyone from Joe Thomas to Richard Pryor.....so its not worth mentioning

  • @mudfly said:

    some news from todays practice....

    1) Johnny was throwing a football and Pettine says he'll be ready Sunday(and will be the back up)....

    2) Pettine also said the Browns are trying to get Mayle on the PS and that still may happen.....(trying???).....so maybe its him who doesnt want us????

    apparently Mayle was asked to sign and said he had other options.....sooooo.......see ya

    I saw on Twitter that Mayle signed with the Cowgirls to be on their PS.

    Good riddance!

    @canton-dawg said:

    I saw on Twitter that Mayle signed with the Cowgirls to be on their PS.

    Good riddance!

    Well, figure this: if we got Pryor for a 4th round draft choice, and signed Mayle as a UDFA....and Mayle was released.....would we think twice about it?

    So that is one way to look at it. If our Free agent WR performs well enough to beat out our 4th round QB....and he performs as well as we expect a 4th rounder should.....we got equal value out of things.

    Fair to say?

  • @gftchris said:

    I think Moore stays, along with Carder and Bademosi, purely for special teams. At least, two of them stay and Carder is first up to leave.

    Agreed. Moore is #1 KR and #1 gunner.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Agreed. Moore is #1 KR and #1 gunner.

    Zombo

    I repeat.....he doesn't make me forget Josh Cribbs at either role.

    Where can we get someone that is closer to Cribbs?

    Who can be our killer KOR and gunner. Moore ain't it.

    Edit.....why can't we get Gilbert in there returning kicks.....wasn't he super at that in college.....or did his fucked up brain also cause him to lose that skill as well?

    We should try him a least......and try to get some production out of his sorry ass.

    Moore averaged 24 yards on KORs......a long of just 32.

    We can do better.

  • Zombo said:

    Agreed. Moore is #1 KR and #1 gunner.

    Zombo

    I repeat.....he doesn't make me forget Josh Cribbs at either role.

    Where can we get someone that is closer to Cribbs?

    Who can be our killer KOR and gunner. Moore ain't it.

    Edit.....why can't we get Gilbert in there returning kicks.....wasn't he super at that in college.....or did his fucked up brain also cause him to lose that skill as well?

    We should try him a least......and try to get some production out of his sorry ass.

    Moore averaged 24 yards on KORs......a long of just 32.

    We can do better.

    @the-gipper said:

    I repeat.....he doesn't make me forget Josh Cribbs at either role.

    Where can we get someone that is closer to Cribbs?

    Who can be our killer KOR and gunner. Moore ain't it.

    Josh Cribbs is the greatest special teams player in the history of the NFL.

    So, you might want to curb that Josh thing.

    Moore is an excellent gunner and has stayed in the NFL for 5 years because he has become an excellent special teams player.

    When Johnny Gilbert is feeling up to it he can take his kick return job away from him, but kick coverage is just as important, and that is where Moore makes his impact. Moore, Poyer and Bademosi are our best coverage guys. The staff obviously loves what he adds to special teams.

    If you have somebody else in mind, name him, but Josh Cribbs isn't walking through that door.

    Zombo

  • @wargograw said:

    Where'd I say winning a Heisman would make you an NFL success?

    Um, no where....now where did I say you said that?......that lil "?" at the end of my question meant I was asking....not stating....

    @wargograw said:

    No twisting here. That I said being a Heisman winner makes you a good NFL player is twisting. Run along now.

    And your very good at the twist.....cause no one said that ....^^^^^^^.....right?

    I "asked" simply because that was your answer as to why we had to endure the whole A&M love fest last year(remember when you said that yesterday???).....so my question was simply to see if that same logic(heisman-big school) carried over to play on the field(or was it just an excuse for the manlove?)....

    But, based upon your answer above, Ill assume it only applies to the overt manlove thing.....

    @mudfly said:

    Um, no where....now where did I say you said that?......that lil "?" at the end of my question meant I was asking....not stating....

    And your very good at the twist.....cause no one said that ....^^^^^^^.....right?

    I "asked" simply because that was your answer as to why we had to endure the whole A&M love fest last year(remember when you said that yesterday???).....so my question was simply to see if that same logic(heisman-big school) carried over to play on the field(or was it just an excuse for the manlove?)....

    But, based upon your answer above, Ill assume it only applies to the overt manlove thing.....

    The ole Mudfly heavily imply something then deny it when called to the carpet move. Alright. Fair enough. Yes, winning a Heisman has an impact on how strongly a guy's college fans will follow his NFL career. I'm not sure why that's a surprise of something to get so worked up over. As you can see given the USM fans, it's not really that abnormal.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I repeat.....he doesn't make me forget Josh Cribbs at either role.

    Where can we get someone that is closer to Cribbs?

    Who can be our killer KOR and gunner. Moore ain't it.

    Josh Cribbs is the greatest special teams player in the history of the NFL.

    So, you might want to curb that Josh thing.

    Moore is an excellent gunner and has stayed in the NFL for 5 years because he has become an excellent special teams player.

    When Johnny Gilbert is feeling up to it he can take his kick return job away from him, but kick coverage is just as important, and that is where Moore makes his impact. Moore, Poyer and Bademosi are our best coverage guys. The staff obviously loves what he adds to special teams.

    If you have somebody else in mind, name him, but Josh Cribbs isn't walking through that door.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Josh Cribbs is the greatest special teams player in the history of the NFL.

    So, you might want to curb that Josh thing.

    Moore is an excellent gunner and has stayed in the NFL for 5 years because he has become an excellent special teams player.

    When Johnny Gilbert is feeling up to it he can take his kick return job away from him, but kick coverage is just as important, and that is where Moore makes his impact. Moore, Poyer and Bademosi are our best coverage guys. The staff obviously loves what he adds to special teams.

    If you have somebody else in mind, name him, but Josh Cribbs isn't walking through that door.

    Zombo

    Yes, I suppose Cribbs spoiled us......but that doesn't mean we should still not thrive for something similar. Moore I think does not get us close to that.

    Maybe Duke Johnson can come close....at least in the return side of things if not the gunner.

    Hell, maybe Pryor can. He seems as close to a Josh Cribbs type as anyone we have.

    Fair to say?

  • @mudfly said:

    Um, no where....now where did I say you said that?......that lil "?" at the end of my question meant I was asking....not stating....

    And your very good at the twist.....cause no one said that ....^^^^^^^.....right?

    I "asked" simply because that was your answer as to why we had to endure the whole A&M love fest last year(remember when you said that yesterday???).....so my question was simply to see if that same logic(heisman-big school) carried over to play on the field(or was it just an excuse for the manlove?)....

    But, based upon your answer above, Ill assume it only applies to the overt manlove thing.....

    The ole Mudfly heavily imply something then deny it when called to the carpet move. Alright. Fair enough. Yes, winning a Heisman has an impact on how strongly a guy's college fans will follow his NFL career. I'm not sure why that's a surprise of something to get so worked up over. As you can see given the USM fans, it's not really that abnormal.

    @wargograw said:

    The ole Mudfly heavily imply something then deny it when called to the carpet move. Alright. Fair enough. Yes, winning a Heisman has an impact on how strongly a guy's college fans will follow his NFL career. I'm not sure why that's a surprise of something to get so worked up over. As you can see given the USM fans, it's not really that abnormal.

    I think your'e just acting dense..... I simply said the manlove was unprecedented here(my exact words, btw)....and you took it from there....nothing imnplied other than A&M fans are over the top with their admiration for Johnny....which they are....

    And, although Ive already let you off the hook for being one of the ones who went off the deep end, you want to defend it anyway

    Then I asked a very simple question, using your words,....which you could have just answered, instead of implying I was implying.....

    And then. after all that, you go ahead and yeah, we love him extra because of the heisman....which is what I said...except I said it's a bit more than others(true, true, true)....

    And, finally, the surprise and getting worked up is a response to it being so over the top and ridiculous(you werent here to see that, remember?)(I was)....

  • @wargograw said:

    Why's no one mentioned the idea that they could cut Pryor after giving him a "tryout" in the first couple games.

    They can cut anyone from Joe Thomas to Richard Pryor.....so its not worth mentioning

    @the-gipper said:

    They can cut anyone from Joe Thomas to Richard Pryor.....so its not worth mentioning

  • @wargograw said:

    The ole Mudfly heavily imply something then deny it when called to the carpet move. Alright. Fair enough. Yes, winning a Heisman has an impact on how strongly a guy's college fans will follow his NFL career. I'm not sure why that's a surprise of something to get so worked up over. As you can see given the USM fans, it's not really that abnormal.

    I think your'e just acting dense..... I simply said the manlove was unprecedented here(my exact words, btw)....and you took it from there....nothing imnplied other than A&M fans are over the top with their admiration for Johnny....which they are....

    And, although Ive already let you off the hook for being one of the ones who went off the deep end, you want to defend it anyway

    Then I asked a very simple question, using your words,....which you could have just answered, instead of implying I was implying.....

    And then. after all that, you go ahead and yeah, we love him extra because of the heisman....which is what I said...except I said it's a bit more than others(true, true, true)....

    And, finally, the surprise and getting worked up is a response to it being so over the top and ridiculous(you werent here to see that, remember?)(I was)....

    @mudfly said:

    I think your'e just acting dense..... I simply said the manlove was unprecedented here(my exact words, btw)....and you took it from there....nothing imnplied other than A&M fans are over the top with their admiration for Johnny....which they are....

    And, although Ive already let you off the hook for being one of the ones who went off the deep end, you want to defend it anyway

    Then I asked a very simple question, using your words,....which you could have just answered, instead of implying I was implying.....

    And then. after all that, you go ahead and yeah, we love him extra because of the heisman....which is what I said...except I said it's a bit more than others(true, true, true)....

    And, finally, the surprise and getting worked up is a response to it being so over the top and ridiculous(you werent here to see that, remember?)(I was)....

    The only one worked up is you. I just posted that you shoudn't be because what happened was completely normal. I also laughed when your post was promptly disproven by USM fans. Btw, D Bone quoted your question and said I would have to twist my way out of it. I assume that's because he thought it was catching me in hypocrisy. If that's not the case, then I'm not sure why I would have to twist. So you see my interpretation of your question wasn't that far-fetched.
  • Maybe I'm too naive but I expected the Browns to sign a RB.

    I don't think anyone can possibly consider starting the season with only two RBs in the roster. I'm disappointed by these moves.

  • Maybe I'm too naive but I expected the Browns to sign a RB.

    I don't think anyone can possibly consider starting the season with only two RBs in the roster. I'm disappointed by these moves.

    @the-italian-dawgpound said:

    Maybe I'm too naive but I expected the Browns to sign a RB.

    I don't think anyone can possibly consider starting the season with only two RBs in the roster. I'm disappointed by these moves.

    I am also concerned about the RB situation. This is a mostly running team. Only two (Not counting the FB) will be worn out halfway through the season. Can't have a running game without legs.