53... and now what? Roster Analysis... Something doesn't add up
-
Um, no where....now where did I say you said that?......that lil "?" at the end of my question meant I was asking....not stating....
And your very good at the twist.....cause no one said that ....^^^^^^^.....right?
I "asked" simply because that was your answer as to why we had to endure the whole A&M love fest last year(remember when you said that yesterday???).....so my question was simply to see if that same logic(heisman-big school) carried over to play on the field(or was it just an excuse for the manlove?)....
But, based upon your answer above, Ill assume it only applies to the overt manlove thing.....
The ole Mudfly heavily imply something then deny it when called to the carpet move. Alright. Fair enough. Yes, winning a Heisman has an impact on how strongly a guy's college fans will follow his NFL career. I'm not sure why that's a surprise of something to get so worked up over. As you can see given the USM fans, it's not really that abnormal.
The ole Mudfly heavily imply something then deny it when called to the carpet move. Alright. Fair enough. Yes, winning a Heisman has an impact on how strongly a guy's college fans will follow his NFL career. I'm not sure why that's a surprise of something to get so worked up over. As you can see given the USM fans, it's not really that abnormal.
I think your'e just acting dense..... I simply said the manlove was unprecedented here(my exact words, btw)....and you took it from there....nothing imnplied other than A&M fans are over the top with their admiration for Johnny....which they are....
And, although Ive already let you off the hook for being one of the ones who went off the deep end, you want to defend it anyway
Then I asked a very simple question, using your words,....which you could have just answered, instead of implying I was implying.....
And then. after all that, you go ahead and yeah, we love him extra because of the heisman....which is what I said...except I said it's a bit more than others(true, true, true)....
And, finally, the surprise and getting worked up is a response to it being so over the top and ridiculous(you werent here to see that, remember?)(I was)....
-
Why's no one mentioned the idea that they could cut Pryor after giving him a "tryout" in the first couple games.
They can cut anyone from Joe Thomas to Richard Pryor.....so its not worth mentioning
They can cut anyone from Joe Thomas to Richard Pryor.....so its not worth mentioning
-
The ole Mudfly heavily imply something then deny it when called to the carpet move. Alright. Fair enough. Yes, winning a Heisman has an impact on how strongly a guy's college fans will follow his NFL career. I'm not sure why that's a surprise of something to get so worked up over. As you can see given the USM fans, it's not really that abnormal.
I think your'e just acting dense..... I simply said the manlove was unprecedented here(my exact words, btw)....and you took it from there....nothing imnplied other than A&M fans are over the top with their admiration for Johnny....which they are....
And, although Ive already let you off the hook for being one of the ones who went off the deep end, you want to defend it anyway
Then I asked a very simple question, using your words,....which you could have just answered, instead of implying I was implying.....
And then. after all that, you go ahead and yeah, we love him extra because of the heisman....which is what I said...except I said it's a bit more than others(true, true, true)....
And, finally, the surprise and getting worked up is a response to it being so over the top and ridiculous(you werent here to see that, remember?)(I was)....
The only one worked up is you. I just posted that you shoudn't be because what happened was completely normal. I also laughed when your post was promptly disproven by USM fans. Btw, D Bone quoted your question and said I would have to twist my way out of it. I assume that's because he thought it was catching me in hypocrisy. If that's not the case, then I'm not sure why I would have to twist. So you see my interpretation of your question wasn't that far-fetched.I think your'e just acting dense..... I simply said the manlove was unprecedented here(my exact words, btw)....and you took it from there....nothing imnplied other than A&M fans are over the top with their admiration for Johnny....which they are....
And, although Ive already let you off the hook for being one of the ones who went off the deep end, you want to defend it anyway
Then I asked a very simple question, using your words,....which you could have just answered, instead of implying I was implying.....
And then. after all that, you go ahead and yeah, we love him extra because of the heisman....which is what I said...except I said it's a bit more than others(true, true, true)....
And, finally, the surprise and getting worked up is a response to it being so over the top and ridiculous(you werent here to see that, remember?)(I was)....
-
Maybe I'm too naive but I expected the Browns to sign a RB.
I don't think anyone can possibly consider starting the season with only two RBs in the roster. I'm disappointed by these moves.
-
Maybe I'm too naive but I expected the Browns to sign a RB.
I don't think anyone can possibly consider starting the season with only two RBs in the roster. I'm disappointed by these moves.
Maybe I'm too naive but I expected the Browns to sign a RB.
I don't think anyone can possibly consider starting the season with only two RBs in the roster. I'm disappointed by these moves.
I am also concerned about the RB situation. This is a mostly running team. Only two (Not counting the FB) will be worn out halfway through the season. Can't have a running game without legs.
-
I read somewhere yesterday that if they sign a vet before week one money has to be guaranteed.
I have a feeling they will run week one with Draughn (who didn't have a cast on yesterday) activated and the FB as the 3rd string if Duke can't go, and sign someone week 2.
-
I read somewhere yesterday that if they sign a vet before week one money has to be guaranteed.
I have a feeling they will run week one with Draughn (who didn't have a cast on yesterday) activated and the FB as the 3rd string if Duke can't go, and sign someone week 2.
I read somewhere yesterday that if they sign a vet before week one money has to be guaranteed.
I have a feeling they will run week one with Draughn (who didn't have a cast on yesterday) activated and the FB as the 3rd string if Duke can't go, and sign someone week 2.
I thought Draughn was on the PS. They cannot activate someone from the PS, if I am not mistaken.....without keeping him on the 53 man roster the rest of the year.
Isn't that so? They can't just yoyo guys between the PS and the regular roster from week to week, can they?
-
I read somewhere yesterday that if they sign a vet before week one money has to be guaranteed.
I have a feeling they will run week one with Draughn (who didn't have a cast on yesterday) activated and the FB as the 3rd string if Duke can't go, and sign someone week 2.
I thought Draughn was on the PS. They cannot activate someone from the PS, if I am not mistaken.....without keeping him on the 53 man roster the rest of the year.
Isn't that so? They can't just yoyo guys between the PS and the regular roster from week to week, can they?
I thought Draughn was on the PS. They cannot activate someone from the PS, if I am not mistaken.....without keeping him on the 53 man roster the rest of the year.
Isn't that so? They can't just yoyo guys between the PS and the regular roster from week to week, can they?
Pretty sure they can. If you sign someone from another team's PS they have to be on your roster for (I think) 3 weeks, which is how we got stuck with an injured Charles Johnson taking up a space with his torn ACL a while back. Not sure if that applies to your own PS.
-
I read somewhere yesterday that if they sign a vet before week one money has to be guaranteed.
I have a feeling they will run week one with Draughn (who didn't have a cast on yesterday) activated and the FB as the 3rd string if Duke can't go, and sign someone week 2.
I thought Draughn was on the PS. They cannot activate someone from the PS, if I am not mistaken.....without keeping him on the 53 man roster the rest of the year.
Isn't that so? They can't just yoyo guys between the PS and the regular roster from week to week, can they?
I thought Draughn was on the PS. They cannot activate someone from the PS, if I am not mistaken.....without keeping him on the 53 man roster the rest of the year.
Isn't that so? They can't just yoyo guys between the PS and the regular roster from week to week, can they?
Ya, I'm not sure how that works really.
But I also read that Joe Thomas said that before Draughn's hurt his thumb, he would have been in talks to be the lead back as far as he was concerned. That would be a pretty good endorsement in my book.
-
Yeah, if Joe Thomas speaks, people should listen. Here's hoping he can get a winning team in Cleveland before he retires.
-
Here is what I found for the practice squad...
"Practice-squad players are allowed to practice with the team throughout the season, but can't play in games unless they are called up to the 45-man game day roster. A player can be signed by another team at any time, provided the new team is going to place the man on their active roster. The only time a practice-squad member can't jump to an active roster is when the upcoming opponent tries to sign him within five days of the game (nine on a bye week)."
-
Above from the SB Nation article? Not bad as far as it goes.
Very hard to find a good, concise article on PSs. Here's a fresh one that introduces the concept of "accrued seasons"...Practice Squad
A player is eligible for the Practice Squad if he has fewer than three practice squad seasons (a PS season = on the PS for at least six weeks) and one of the two following apply to him the player does not have an accrued season of credit or the player does have an accrued season but he was on the 46-player active roster for fewer than nine regular season games during each accrued season. A team can have 10 such PS players at any time.Of course it had to also throw in the new PS "exemption rule"...
There is also a new Practice Squad exception rule of (sic) which a team may have two players. The exception is for players who do not have more than two accrued seasons and who have fewer than three practice squad seasons.
Anyway...Accrued Seasons
Accrued Seasons determine a players free agency designations (Art. 8, Sec. 1, 34).
In order to accrue a season, a player must be on (or should have been on) full pay status for six or more regular season games.Of course this came into play Week 17 last year when Gordon was deactivated for game 16.
Still looking for summary of rules governing moves between PS and 53... and back...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login