Skip to content

It Follows

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
21 4 637
  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Anyone see this? Pretty creepy movie I liked it and I don't give out horror movie accolades very easily.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Yes it's on my backlog of reviews to post, sorry will get on it in a couple days.

    WSS

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #3

    The premise is that this creature is following a person. It can look like whoever but it follows relentlessly wherever you go at a steady walking pace and if it catches you obviously death. It can be outrun but it'll keep coming no matter what unless you "pass it on" through sex and then it'll follow whoever it is passed to but if it kills them it's right back to following you and so on. Sort of an allegory about aids or std's I suppose but still I thought it was a pretty good movie. I was mowing my grass today looking out over the fields to see if anyone was walking towards me. That's a movie with the power to get into your head if you do that.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I'll look forward to your review.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #5

    i always search the internet for new movies...especially hooro, true crime thrillers etc.

    got turned onto this through googleplus

    no spoilers here. more original than most things out there now but again i could right this shit in my sleep.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I might buy it on Time Warner and watch. Very few modern movies are scary to me. The scariest I've ever seen is still the original Exorcist.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #7

    It's not boo jump scary. It's not anywhere near as scary as the exorcist. But it was scary at least to me. Here's five movies that I found actually scary.

    1. The exorcist - EASILY the scariest of all time

    2. A nightmare on Elm street - only the first one mind.

    3. Manhunter - NOT the lame remake "red dragon"

    4. The Ring - disturbing

    5. Silence of the lambs - lost some of it's power after seeing it 25 times but was scary as shit to start off .

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #8

    Horror movies to me are generally garbage. There are a small few I think are scary and a very small few I feel are creepy enough to be memorable.

    The Exorcist and Texas Chainsaw Massacre come to mind. Maybe the hills have eyes. The original Saw.

    Night of the Living Dead.

    Wasn't scared by any Freddy or Jason movies and only like Halloween v because the kids get it in the end.

    😉

    WSS

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #9

    The first nightmare on Elm street was incredible. The rest were garbage.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Texas chainsaw massacre made me more angry than scared.

    "Night of the living dead" was pretty scary before zombies were everywhere.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #11

    screenwriters nowadays are like rbs....a dime a dozen. they suck and lack consideration for a knowledgeable audience. that's why people talk in the movies. do they really think people are that dumb in real life?

    scariest movies of all time (not creepy....'it follows' was creepy)

    1. exorcist (first of it's kind....couldn't sleep for months)

    2. evil dead (original)

    3. 28 days later

    4. the omen

    5. the devil's backbone

    other gems:

    the thing

    deep red

    the shining

    quarantine

    anything dario argento

  • screenwriters nowadays are like rbs....a dime a dozen. they suck and lack consideration for a knowledgeable audience. that's why people talk in the movies. do they really think people are that dumb in real life?

    scariest movies of all time (not creepy....'it follows' was creepy)

    1. exorcist (first of it's kind....couldn't sleep for months)

    2. evil dead (original)

    3. 28 days later

    4. the omen

    5. the devil's backbone

    other gems:

    the thing

    deep red

    the shining

    quarantine

    anything dario argento

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @miktoxic said:

    screenwriters nowadays are like rbs....a dime a dozen. they suck and lack consideration for a knowledgeable audience. that's why people talk in the movies. do they really think people are that dumb in real life?

    scariest movies of all time (not creepy....'it follows' was creepy)

    1. exorcist (first of it's kind....couldn't sleep for months)

    2. evil dead (original)

    3. 28 days later

    4. the omen

    5. the devil's backbone

    other gems:

    the thing

    deep red

    the shining

    quarantine

    anything dario argento

    Did you see "drag me to hell"? if you like evil dead I'd recommend it.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Also if you like crime thrillers I can't recommend "manhunter" enough.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I wasn't a big fan of the shining. I guess that's from reading the book since it was wildly different than Kubrick's movie

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I like them both.

    Stephen King is hard to translate to the screen because his strength is in the side stories in my opinion not the conclusion where everything blows up.

    WSS

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I didn't hate it mind you. I just think it wasn't particularly true to the source material nor was it all that scary. Kubrick is really hit or miss for me. Full Metal jacket and 2001 were fantastic. The shining was meh and stuff like eyes wide shut was pretty bad

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #17

    The Shining was actually kind of funny, but JN is great.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I agree. I think Full Metal Jacket was the best of all of that bunch of films.

    WSS

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #19

    The only Kubrick film I found shaky was eyes wide shut, which I intend to watch again someday just to be sure. I have watched Barry Lyndon again and still loved it despite Ryan O'Neil's accent.

    WSS

  • @miktoxic said:

    screenwriters nowadays are like rbs....a dime a dozen. they suck and lack consideration for a knowledgeable audience. that's why people talk in the movies. do they really think people are that dumb in real life?

    scariest movies of all time (not creepy....'it follows' was creepy)

    1. exorcist (first of it's kind....couldn't sleep for months)

    2. evil dead (original)

    3. 28 days later

    4. the omen

    5. the devil's backbone

    other gems:

    the thing

    deep red

    the shining

    quarantine

    anything dario argento

    Did you see "drag me to hell"? if you like evil dead I'd recommend it.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Did you see "drag me to hell"? if you like evil dead I'd recommend it.

    yes...sam raimi of 'dark man' fame.