QB Austin Davis a Brown
-
Like some others on the forum I didn't want to see the Browns carry three quarterbacks on the roster but to me Davis seems to be too good of a prospect to pass on and I am glad to see the Browns sign him.
-
Doesn't A&M have male cheer leaders? Mike Leach had a gem about it.
"How come they get to pretend they are soldiers? The thing is, they aren't actually in the military. I ought to have Mike's Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandanna. When you're a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we'll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that."
I like the Davis signing and the restraint being shown so far in views of his promise.
Doesn't A&M have male cheer leaders? Mike Leach had a gem about it.
"How come they get to pretend they are soldiers? The thing is, they aren't actually in the military. I ought to have Mike's Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandanna. When you're a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we'll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that."
First, they are yell leaders, not cheerleaders.
Second, A&M was all-male until 1963.
Third, it has the largest ROTC program in the country.
I get that it and A&M's traditions are not easy to get. Despite friends and co-workers in Houston area trying repeatedly to explain them to me, I did not get them until my daughter decided to go there.
You cannot swing a dead cat in Texas without hitting a "former student"... that is an alumnus to the rest of us.
-
I like the Davis signing and the restraint being shown so far in views of his promise.
Doesn't A&M have male cheer leaders? Mike Leach had a gem about it.
"How come they get to pretend they are soldiers? The thing is, they aren't actually in the military. I ought to have Mike's Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandanna. When you're a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we'll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that."
First, they are yell leaders, not cheerleaders.
Second, A&M was all-male until 1963.
Third, it has the largest ROTC program in the country.
I get that it and A&M's traditions are not easy to get. Despite friends and co-workers in Houston area trying repeatedly to explain them to me, I did not get them until my daughter decided to go there.
You cannot swing a dead cat in Texas without hitting a "former student"... that is an alumnus to the rest of us.
I like the Davis signing and the restraint being shown so far in views of his promise.
First, they are yell leaders, not cheerleaders.
Second, A&M was all-male until 1963.
Third, it has the largest ROTC program in the country.
I get that it and A&M's traditions are not easy to get. Despite friends and co-workers in Houston area trying repeatedly to explain them to me, I did not get them until my daughter decided to go there.
You cannot swing a dead cat in Texas without hitting a "former student"... that is an alumnus to the rest of us.
Did they mention the unwritten law that you have to worship short, underprepared QBs from the school who go pro?
-
Very interesting. I'm far happier about this news than I ever have been about McCown. May be something we can tap into here. A mysterious upside.
Cool.
Very interesting. I'm far happier about this news than I ever have been about McCown. May be something we can tap into here. A mysterious upside.
Cool.
He is a guy I actually called for the Browns to draft the year they took Weeden.
-
Brett Favre compared him to a future kurt warner or tom brady (according to his Wikipedia) ok, Brett I'll give him a chance.
Brett Favre compared him to a future kurt warner or tom brady (according to his Wikipedia) ok, Brett I'll give him a chance.
They went to the same college......Southern Miss. I compared not to Brady or Warner but to.....Brett Favre.
-
.....big school heisman winners get picked every single year(somewhere) and those cities dont inherit the insanity that followed the JM pick....
LOL! Next time you come to Texas during football season I will take you to a game so you can see why the Seahawks pay us every year to "rent" the 12th man usage.
And since that game was played we now have an enclosed bowl so it is now twice as loud as it was when the Texas QB had to outwait us.
Insanity? Understatement of the year when it comes to A&M Football @ Kyle.
LOL! Next time you come to Texas during football season I will take you to a game so you can see why the Seahawks pay us every year to "rent" the 12th man usage.
And since that game was played we now have an enclosed bowl so it is now twice as loud as it was when the Texas QB had to outwait us.
Insanity? Understatement of the year when it comes to A&M Football @ Kyle.
I will be attending a football game in Texas on November 7th. My game starts at 1:00....how about yours?
Can I get to College Station from SA in time?
-
I like the Davis signing and the restraint being shown so far in views of his promise.
Doesn't A&M have male cheer leaders? Mike Leach had a gem about it.
"How come they get to pretend they are soldiers? The thing is, they aren't actually in the military. I ought to have Mike's Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandanna. When you're a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we'll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that."
First, they are yell leaders, not cheerleaders.
Second, A&M was all-male until 1963.
Third, it has the largest ROTC program in the country.
I get that it and A&M's traditions are not easy to get. Despite friends and co-workers in Houston area trying repeatedly to explain them to me, I did not get them until my daughter decided to go there.
You cannot swing a dead cat in Texas without hitting a "former student"... that is an alumnus to the rest of us.
I like the Davis signing and the restraint being shown so far in views of his promise.
First, they are yell leaders, not cheerleaders.
Second, A&M was all-male until 1963.
Third, it has the largest ROTC program in the country.
I get that it and A&M's traditions are not easy to get. Despite friends and co-workers in Houston area trying repeatedly to explain them to me, I did not get them until my daughter decided to go there.
You cannot swing a dead cat in Texas without hitting a "former student"... that is an alumnus to the rest of us.
The school whose game I am attending does have cheerleaders. My daughter is one of them.
And actually....the colors are the same as A&Ms...so the uniforms could be similar......can we sneak her in to cheer for your team?
Or maybe the whole group of them, here they are:
-
HA!.........I say neverrrrr.....
In all my years of Browns drafts(which are many), Ive never seen an influx of college manlove like we saw this past year....
completely unprecedented.....
How many Heisman winners from schools with 50,00 people have we drafted in the message board era?
Zero.....which does not change my statement one iota.......nor does it have any bearing on what I said.....big school heisman winners get picked every single year(somewhere) and those cities dont inherit the insanity that followed the JM pick....
To me(us), JFF was just the third 1st round QB we picked in the last 5 years(Quinn Weeden Manziel).....all picked in the early 20's.....making them all the same to me.....just late first round QB's.......(if he was so amazing, the truth is that he woulda been picked earlier....plain and simple)....
And, as we've said a million times, winning the heisman doesnt really mean a thing.....just ask Andre Ware, Tim Tebow, Danny Wueffel, Eric Crouch, Gino Torretta, Chris Weinke, Jason White...
OH.......and Troy Smith(who is an OSU Heisman winning QB)(and didnt have a gaggle of goobers following and ranting about his uber greatness)(guaranteed).....
soooo.....it was what it was......an over the top, completely annoying, very gay influx of unprecedented manlove for a very questionable pick we made one season......(and we pick players in the first round....every single year)(really...we do).....
So, in summary, I stand by what I said......paint it however you want....
Zero.....which does not change my statement one iota.......nor does it have any bearing on what I said.....big school heisman winners get picked every single year(somewhere) and those cities dont inherit the insanity that followed the JM pick....
To me(us), JFF was just the third 1st round QB we picked in the last 5 years(Quinn Weeden Manziel).....all picked in the early 20's.....making them all the same to me.....just late first round QB's.......(if he was so amazing, the truth is that he woulda been picked earlier....plain and simple)....
And, as we've said a million times, winning the heisman doesnt really mean a thing.....just ask Andre Ware, Tim Tebow, Danny Wueffel, Eric Crouch, Gino Torretta, Chris Weinke, Jason White...
OH.......and Troy Smith(who is an OSU Heisman winning QB)(and didnt have a gaggle of goobers following and ranting about his uber greatness)(guaranteed).....
soooo.....it was what it was......an over the top, completely annoying, very gay influx of unprecedented manlove for a very questionable pick we made one season......(and we pick players in the first round....every single year)(really...we do).....
So, in summary, I stand by what I said......paint it however you want....
So you took that statement as me saying "he's a Heisman winner. He'll be good." Ok...
All I said was him being a Heisman winner makes his college fans want to follow him. I'm sorry we haven't all got it figured out like the mighty Ohio State fans.
-
Fair enough, although he's been suspended for almost 12 hours now...so who says this isn't a Kuharich move?
It's a Farmer move. He's at home texting Kuharich what to do.
-
Doesn't A&M have male cheer leaders? Mike Leach had a gem about it.
"How come they get to pretend they are soldiers? The thing is, they aren't actually in the military. I ought to have Mike's Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandanna. When you're a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we'll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that."
About half go to the military. I don't like those odds that I may be making fun of one of our soldiers, but you've proven you have no scruples on stuff like this so it doesn't surprise me. Leach is a bona fide Retard. He just lost to Portland State. He got fired from his last job. Did he even make a bowl last year? Yeah, I pretty much wipe my ass with his opinion.Doesn't A&M have male cheer leaders? Mike Leach had a gem about it.
"How come they get to pretend they are soldiers? The thing is, they aren't actually in the military. I ought to have Mike's Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandanna. When you're a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we'll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that."
-
Zero.....which does not change my statement one iota.......nor does it have any bearing on what I said.....big school heisman winners get picked every single year(somewhere) and those cities dont inherit the insanity that followed the JM pick....
To me(us), JFF was just the third 1st round QB we picked in the last 5 years(Quinn Weeden Manziel).....all picked in the early 20's.....making them all the same to me.....just late first round QB's.......(if he was so amazing, the truth is that he woulda been picked earlier....plain and simple)....
And, as we've said a million times, winning the heisman doesnt really mean a thing.....just ask Andre Ware, Tim Tebow, Danny Wueffel, Eric Crouch, Gino Torretta, Chris Weinke, Jason White...
OH.......and Troy Smith(who is an OSU Heisman winning QB)(and didnt have a gaggle of goobers following and ranting about his uber greatness)(guaranteed).....
soooo.....it was what it was......an over the top, completely annoying, very gay influx of unprecedented manlove for a very questionable pick we made one season......(and we pick players in the first round....every single year)(really...we do).....
So, in summary, I stand by what I said......paint it however you want....
So you took that statement as me saying "he's a Heisman winner. He'll be good." Ok...
All I said was him being a Heisman winner makes his college fans want to follow him. I'm sorry we haven't all got it figured out like the mighty Ohio State fans.
So you took that statement as me saying "he's a Heisman winner. He'll be good." Ok...
All I said was him being a Heisman winner makes his college fans want to follow him. I'm sorry we haven't all got it figured out like the mighty Ohio State fans.
No......I didnt take your statement as anything but what you said.....please stop putting words in my mouth....
I simply said we were overrun by A&M fans, unlike anything we'd ever seen before......(which is completely true)....
And you took offense(I think) and defended it by saying he won the Heisman and went to a big school....
And then I said...."so what".....lots of players win heismans and go to big schools, but their fans dont overreact the same way....
and then you switched it to me saying that you're saying he would be good because he won the heisman....???(switch)
Cmon Wargo.....stop twisting things and read what I say for what it REALLY is.....(I know you're smarter than that)....
Heck...you've claimed all along you weren't even here or part of that influx and that you're a Browns fan first and foremost.....so why get bothered when I comment on the ones who were here acting like asses(for a long time too).....so, by your words, its not even your battle to fight....nor were you here to experience it, so why deny it happened or defend it?
-
-
I'm not part of that group, but i don't get worked up about them. It may have been unprecedented for you as a Browns fan, but it should not have been unexpected. I can pretty much guarantee Titans boards are full of Oregon fans right now. And A&M has twice as many alumni.
-
So you took that statement as me saying "he's a Heisman winner. He'll be good." Ok...
All I said was him being a Heisman winner makes his college fans want to follow him. I'm sorry we haven't all got it figured out like the mighty Ohio State fans.
No......I didnt take your statement as anything but what you said.....please stop putting words in my mouth....
I simply said we were overrun by A&M fans, unlike anything we'd ever seen before......(which is completely true)....
And you took offense(I think) and defended it by saying he won the Heisman and went to a big school....
And then I said...."so what".....lots of players win heismans and go to big schools, but their fans dont overreact the same way....
and then you switched it to me saying that you're saying he would be good because he won the heisman....???(switch)
Cmon Wargo.....stop twisting things and read what I say for what it REALLY is.....(I know you're smarter than that)....
Heck...you've claimed all along you weren't even here or part of that influx and that you're a Browns fan first and foremost.....so why get bothered when I comment on the ones who were here acting like asses(for a long time too).....so, by your words, its not even your battle to fight....nor were you here to experience it, so why deny it happened or defend it?
No......I didnt take your statement as anything but what you said.....please stop putting words in my mouth....
I simply said we were overrun by A&M fans, unlike anything we'd ever seen before......(which is completely true)....
And you took offense(I think) and defended it by saying he won the Heisman and went to a big school....
And then I said...."so what".....lots of players win heismans and go to big schools, but their fans dont overreact the same way....
and then you switched it to me saying that you're saying he would be good because he won the heisman....???(switch)
Cmon Wargo.....stop twisting things and read what I say for what it REALLY is.....(I know you're smarter than that)....
Heck...you've claimed all along you weren't even here or part of that influx and that you're a Browns fan first and foremost.....so why get bothered when I comment on the ones who were here acting like asses(for a long time too).....so, by your words, its not even your battle to fight....nor were you here to experience it, so why deny it happened or defend it?
A&M fans aren't used to having players of Manziel's caliber playing for them. While its true there weren't many players as electric as him to ever play the game, Ohio State has had their fair share of solid college players, so maybe OSU fans are just more used to it.
This isn't a knock against the university by any means. They had the most polarizing player in the nation, it's only logical that he would have a large fan base follow him.
Further, and this is only speculation, but college football is much more popular in the south than professional football is. I would venture to say that you'd find a larger proportion of people in the south who have college football affiliations but not professional football affiliations. Therefore, when one of the most polarizing players who happens to play in a Southern conference goes to a professional program, you'd see a larger fanbase follow him.
-
They will end up starting him because McCown is so immobile he'll never stay healthy. Manziel's sore elbow is a huge red flag, so I see Davis playing at least the second half of the season. Terrell Pryor is a mistake and has shown nothing so far they could cut him.
Our front office needs to wake up and draft a big wide receiver. Someone who can fight the defender for the ball. Take Cardale Jones and wide receiver next year and scrap the Manziel project.
-
About half go to the military. I don't like those odds that I may be making fun of one of our soldiers, but you've proven you have no scruples on stuff like this so it doesn't surprise me. Leach is a bona fide Retard. He just lost to Portland State. He got fired from his last job. Did he even make a bowl last year? Yeah, I pretty much wipe my ass with his opinion.Doesn't A&M have male cheer leaders? Mike Leach had a gem about it.
"How come they get to pretend they are soldiers? The thing is, they aren't actually in the military. I ought to have Mike's Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandanna. When you're a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we'll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that."
About half go to the military. I don't like those odds that I may be making fun of one of our soldiers, but you've proven you have no scruples on stuff like this so it doesn't surprise me.
Still so hurt. I will make a twitter account to give you praise, unique snowflake.
-
Gipper,
We have Auburn that weekend at Kyle with a time to be announced. Usually Nov. games are daytime, but if TV is involved it might actually start @ 7 pm. You could just barely make it if you left S.A. by 430. But parking might be a problem with the nearest being about 1 1/2 miles away for a late arrival like that. You'd make it in before halftime. However, you would certainly be able to hear it from that parking lot. LOL.

-
No......I didnt take your statement as anything but what you said.....please stop putting words in my mouth....
I simply said we were overrun by A&M fans, unlike anything we'd ever seen before......(which is completely true)....
And you took offense(I think) and defended it by saying he won the Heisman and went to a big school....
And then I said...."so what".....lots of players win heismans and go to big schools, but their fans dont overreact the same way....
and then you switched it to me saying that you're saying he would be good because he won the heisman....???(switch)
Cmon Wargo.....stop twisting things and read what I say for what it REALLY is.....(I know you're smarter than that)....
Heck...you've claimed all along you weren't even here or part of that influx and that you're a Browns fan first and foremost.....so why get bothered when I comment on the ones who were here acting like asses(for a long time too).....so, by your words, its not even your battle to fight....nor were you here to experience it, so why deny it happened or defend it?
A&M fans aren't used to having players of Manziel's caliber playing for them. While its true there weren't many players as electric as him to ever play the game, Ohio State has had their fair share of solid college players, so maybe OSU fans are just more used to it.
This isn't a knock against the university by any means. They had the most polarizing player in the nation, it's only logical that he would have a large fan base follow him.
Further, and this is only speculation, but college football is much more popular in the south than professional football is. I would venture to say that you'd find a larger proportion of people in the south who have college football affiliations but not professional football affiliations. Therefore, when one of the most polarizing players who happens to play in a Southern conference goes to a professional program, you'd see a larger fanbase follow him.
one of the most polarizing players
there it is....polarizing....
Which, by definition, means as many people love him as those who hate him.....
And Id say he has a polarizing fan base too....1/2 are over the top fanboys and half are just good normal acting football fans.....
Can you guess which half annoys me....???.....so which are you Wargo?.....the one who understands he's just another QB prospect or the one who throws out all the bs and claims he's the greatest everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......?
-
one of the most polarizing players
there it is....polarizing....
Which, by definition, means as many people love him as those who hate him.....
And Id say he has a polarizing fan base too....1/2 are over the top fanboys and half are just good normal acting football fans.....
Can you guess which half annoys me....???.....so which are you Wargo?.....the one who understands he's just another QB prospect or the one who throws out all the bs and claims he's the greatest everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
