Skip to content

QB Austin Davis a Brown

The Browns Board
99 31 3.7k
  • Gipper,

    We have Auburn that weekend at Kyle with a time to be announced. Usually Nov. games are daytime, but if TV is involved it might actually start @ 7 pm. You could just barely make it if you left S.A. by 430. But parking might be a problem with the nearest being about 1 1/2 miles away for a late arrival like that. You'd make it in before halftime. However, you would certainly be able to hear it from that parking lot. LOL. 😁

  • @mudfly said:

    No......I didnt take your statement as anything but what you said.....please stop putting words in my mouth....

    I simply said we were overrun by A&M fans, unlike anything we'd ever seen before......(which is completely true)....

    And you took offense(I think) and defended it by saying he won the Heisman and went to a big school....

    And then I said...."so what".....lots of players win heismans and go to big schools, but their fans dont overreact the same way....

    and then you switched it to me saying that you're saying he would be good because he won the heisman....???(switch)

    Cmon Wargo.....stop twisting things and read what I say for what it REALLY is.....(I know you're smarter than that)....

    Heck...you've claimed all along you weren't even here or part of that influx and that you're a Browns fan first and foremost.....so why get bothered when I comment on the ones who were here acting like asses(for a long time too).....so, by your words, its not even your battle to fight....nor were you here to experience it, so why deny it happened or defend it?

    A&M fans aren't used to having players of Manziel's caliber playing for them. While its true there weren't many players as electric as him to ever play the game, Ohio State has had their fair share of solid college players, so maybe OSU fans are just more used to it.

    This isn't a knock against the university by any means. They had the most polarizing player in the nation, it's only logical that he would have a large fan base follow him.

    Further, and this is only speculation, but college football is much more popular in the south than professional football is. I would venture to say that you'd find a larger proportion of people in the south who have college football affiliations but not professional football affiliations. Therefore, when one of the most polarizing players who happens to play in a Southern conference goes to a professional program, you'd see a larger fanbase follow him.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    one of the most polarizing players

    there it is....polarizing....

    Which, by definition, means as many people love him as those who hate him.....

    And Id say he has a polarizing fan base too....1/2 are over the top fanboys and half are just good normal acting football fans.....

    Can you guess which half annoys me....???.....so which are you Wargo?.....the one who understands he's just another QB prospect or the one who throws out all the bs and claims he's the greatest everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    one of the most polarizing players

    there it is....polarizing....

    Which, by definition, means as many people love him as those who hate him.....

    And Id say he has a polarizing fan base too....1/2 are over the top fanboys and half are just good normal acting football fans.....

    Can you guess which half annoys me....???.....so which are you Wargo?.....the one who understands he's just another QB prospect or the one who throws out all the bs and claims he's the greatest everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......?

    @mudfly said:

    And Id say he has a polarizing fan base too....1/2 are over the top fanboys and half are just good normal acting football fans.....

    I think you overestimate %age of "normal" for us. 😛

  • Gipper,

    We have Auburn that weekend at Kyle with a time to be announced. Usually Nov. games are daytime, but if TV is involved it might actually start @ 7 pm. You could just barely make it if you left S.A. by 430. But parking might be a problem with the nearest being about 1 1/2 miles away for a late arrival like that. You'd make it in before halftime. However, you would certainly be able to hear it from that parking lot. LOL. 😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    Gipper,

    We have Auburn that weekend at Kyle with a time to be announced. Usually Nov. games are daytime, but if TV is involved it might actually start @ 7 pm. You could just barely make it if you left S.A. by 430. But parking might be a problem with the nearest being about 1 1/2 miles away for a late arrival like that. You'd make it in before halftime. However, you would certainly be able to hear it from that parking lot. LOL. 😁

    And the nearest available room?

    If you have never done an Aggie game, then you have to get there early enough for March in...

  • @mudfly said:

    No......I didnt take your statement as anything but what you said.....please stop putting words in my mouth....

    I simply said we were overrun by A&M fans, unlike anything we'd ever seen before......(which is completely true)....

    And you took offense(I think) and defended it by saying he won the Heisman and went to a big school....

    And then I said...."so what".....lots of players win heismans and go to big schools, but their fans dont overreact the same way....

    and then you switched it to me saying that you're saying he would be good because he won the heisman....???(switch)

    Cmon Wargo.....stop twisting things and read what I say for what it REALLY is.....(I know you're smarter than that)....

    Heck...you've claimed all along you weren't even here or part of that influx and that you're a Browns fan first and foremost.....so why get bothered when I comment on the ones who were here acting like asses(for a long time too).....so, by your words, its not even your battle to fight....nor were you here to experience it, so why deny it happened or defend it?

    A&M fans aren't used to having players of Manziel's caliber playing for them. While its true there weren't many players as electric as him to ever play the game, Ohio State has had their fair share of solid college players, so maybe OSU fans are just more used to it.

    This isn't a knock against the university by any means. They had the most polarizing player in the nation, it's only logical that he would have a large fan base follow him.

    Further, and this is only speculation, but college football is much more popular in the south than professional football is. I would venture to say that you'd find a larger proportion of people in the south who have college football affiliations but not professional football affiliations. Therefore, when one of the most polarizing players who happens to play in a Southern conference goes to a professional program, you'd see a larger fanbase follow him.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    A&M fans aren't used to having players of Manziel's caliber playing for them.

    Bucky Richardson is pissed at you right now...

  • @mudfly said:

    And Id say he has a polarizing fan base too....1/2 are over the top fanboys and half are just good normal acting football fans.....

    I think you overestimate %age of "normal" for us. 😛

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think you overestimate %age of "normal" for us. 😛

    HA!....

    cmon now....most of youz are ok in my book......and most, if not all, of the extreme idiots are long gone.....

    until......if.....when....Johnny plays well.....then it will start again.....Im sure....

    Someone just seems to be bothered by the fact that I was bothered by these idiots.....

  • Gipper,

    We have Auburn that weekend at Kyle with a time to be announced. Usually Nov. games are daytime, but if TV is involved it might actually start @ 7 pm. You could just barely make it if you left S.A. by 430. But parking might be a problem with the nearest being about 1 1/2 miles away for a late arrival like that. You'd make it in before halftime. However, you would certainly be able to hear it from that parking lot. LOL. 😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    Gipper,

    We have Auburn that weekend at Kyle with a time to be announced. Usually Nov. games are daytime, but if TV is involved it might actually start @ 7 pm. You could just barely make it if you left S.A. by 430. But parking might be a problem with the nearest being about 1 1/2 miles away for a late arrival like that. You'd make it in before halftime. However, you would certainly be able to hear it from that parking lot. LOL. 😁

    Maybe I will just watch it on TV....if that is the plan. Will probably go out for dinner after the game....Give me your list of best Mexican restaurant/sports bars in SA. (you....y'all....any of you Texas Twisters).

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    one of the most polarizing players

    there it is....polarizing....

    Which, by definition, means as many people love him as those who hate him.....

    And Id say he has a polarizing fan base too....1/2 are over the top fanboys and half are just good normal acting football fans.....

    Can you guess which half annoys me....???.....so which are you Wargo?.....the one who understands he's just another QB prospect or the one who throws out all the bs and claims he's the greatest everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......?

    @mudfly said:

    there it is....polarizing....

    Which, by definition, means as many people love him as those who hate him.....

    And Id say he has a polarizing fan base too....1/2 are over the top fanboys and half are just good normal acting football fans.....

    Can you guess which half annoys me....???.....so which are you Wargo?.....the one who understands he's just another QB prospect or the one who throws out all the bs and claims he's the greatest everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......?

    You're comparing two different groups analyzing two different things. No one is saying he's the "greatest everrrrrr" NFL QB. He is one of the greatest in college.

  • They will end up starting him because McCown is so immobile he'll never stay healthy. Manziel's sore elbow is a huge red flag, so I see Davis playing at least the second half of the season. Terrell Pryor is a mistake and has shown nothing so far they could cut him.

    Our front office needs to wake up and draft a big wide receiver. Someone who can fight the defender for the ball. Take Cardale Jones and wide receiver next year and scrap the Manziel project.

    @opal312 said:

    Our front office needs to wake up and draft a big wide receiver. Someone who can fight the defender for the ball. Take Cardale Jones and wide receiver next year and scrap the Manziel project.

    Oh no, the 2016 draft already. I hear ya, but let's please drop the draft crap for awhile.

    Browns 23 Jets 14

  • They will end up starting him because McCown is so immobile he'll never stay healthy. Manziel's sore elbow is a huge red flag, so I see Davis playing at least the second half of the season. Terrell Pryor is a mistake and has shown nothing so far they could cut him.

    Our front office needs to wake up and draft a big wide receiver. Someone who can fight the defender for the ball. Take Cardale Jones and wide receiver next year and scrap the Manziel project.

    @opal312 said:

    They will end up starting him because McCown is so immobile he'll never stay healthy. Manziel's sore elbow is a huge red flag, so I see Davis playing at least the second half of the season. Terrell Pryor is a mistake and has shown nothing so far they could cut him.

    Our front office needs to wake up and draft a big wide receiver. Someone who can fight the defender for the ball. Take Cardale Jones and wide receiver next year and scrap the Manziel project.

    Pryor is like 6'4-5...and full of muscles. Here he is. You think he can't "fight the defender for the ball" if he don't want to? Most of the DBs are 5 to 6 inches shorter.

    0724-terrell-pryor-instagram-1200x630.jp

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Gipper,

    We have Auburn that weekend at Kyle with a time to be announced. Usually Nov. games are daytime, but if TV is involved it might actually start @ 7 pm. You could just barely make it if you left S.A. by 430. But parking might be a problem with the nearest being about 1 1/2 miles away for a late arrival like that. You'd make it in before halftime. However, you would certainly be able to hear it from that parking lot. LOL. 😁

    Maybe I will just watch it on TV....if that is the plan. Will probably go out for dinner after the game....Give me your list of best Mexican restaurant/sports bars in SA. (you....y'all....any of you Texas Twisters).

    @the-gipper said:

    Maybe I will just watch it on TV....if that is the plan. Will probably go out for dinner after the game....Give me your list of best Mexican restaurant/sports bars in SA. (you....y'all....any of you Texas Twisters).

    La Fogata may be the best known Mexican in San Antonio. Been there a couple times... good stuff.

    No idea on Sports Bars...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Maybe I will just watch it on TV....if that is the plan. Will probably go out for dinner after the game....Give me your list of best Mexican restaurant/sports bars in SA. (you....y'all....any of you Texas Twisters).

    La Fogata may be the best known Mexican in San Antonio. Been there a couple times... good stuff.

    No idea on Sports Bars...

    @tour2ma said:

    La Fogata may be the best known Mexican in San Antonio. Been there a couple times... good stuff.

    No idea on Sports Bars...

    That sounds familiar. I may have even gone there. I expect that my daughter would know.

  • Damn, after reading todays entry's may I say. "I really miss talking to our 2 new Southern Miss. fans". 😮 On a Austin Davis tread a tour of Aggieville. Come on Man!!

  • @opal312 said:

    They will end up starting him because McCown is so immobile he'll never stay healthy. Manziel's sore elbow is a huge red flag, so I see Davis playing at least the second half of the season. Terrell Pryor is a mistake and has shown nothing so far they could cut him.

    Our front office needs to wake up and draft a big wide receiver. Someone who can fight the defender for the ball. Take Cardale Jones and wide receiver next year and scrap the Manziel project.

    Pryor is like 6'4-5...and full of muscles. Here he is. You think he can't "fight the defender for the ball" if he don't want to? Most of the DBs are 5 to 6 inches shorter.

    0724-terrell-pryor-instagram-1200x630.jp

    @the-gipper said:

    Pryor is like 6'4-5...and full of muscles

    Does he eat a Vegemite sandwich?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Pryor is like 6'4-5...and full of muscles

    Does he eat a Vegemite sandwich?

    @d-bone said:

    Does he eat a Vegemite sandwich?

    Hahahahaha...nice one!!!

  • @tour2ma said:

    La Fogata may be the best known Mexican in San Antonio. Been there a couple times... good stuff.

    No idea on Sports Bars...

    That sounds familiar. I may have even gone there. I expect that my daughter would know.

    @the-gipper said:

    That sounds familiar. I may have even gone there. I expect that my daughter would know.

    Well if you haven't been on the riverwalk before, there are a couple of decent ones there she could take you to. I rarely make it to San Antonio.

    What game are you going to @ 1pm?

  • So I take it now that Pryor is in Ctown,and "He come from the land down under" would this be Columbus or Cincinnati? Nice work Bone 😁 Laugh of Day

  • Ok. Fine. So, what use is Terrelle Pryor?

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    Pryor is like 6'4-5...and full of muscles

    Does he eat a Vegemite sandwich?

    @d-bone said:

    Does he eat a Vegemite sandwich?

    You caught that......and I don't know. Maybe it would be good for him nutritionally to help him fight off defenders for the ball. (but I don't think he is from Brussels).

    So....what is the nutrional value of a vegemite sandwich?

  • @the-gipper said:

    That sounds familiar. I may have even gone there. I expect that my daughter would know.

    Well if you haven't been on the riverwalk before, there are a couple of decent ones there she could take you to. I rarely make it to San Antonio.

    What game are you going to @ 1pm?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well if you haven't been on the riverwalk before, there are a couple of decent ones there she could take you to. I rarely make it to San Antonio.

    What game are you going to @ 1pm?

    I have been on the Riverwalk several times....but usually ate more traditional. I have been to a couple of Mexican places there. One over near her college.....and another this big bright flashy place....is that La Fogata?

    I can't remember, I fogata about it. 😉