Skip to content

Heisman Trophy Race

College Football Forum
32 7 1.4k
  • Here are the leaders for the Heisman Trophy race:

    Cardale Jones QB Ohio St.

    JT Barrett QB Ohio St.

    Ezekiel Elliot RB Ohio St.

    Braxton Miller RB Ohio St.

    Joey Bosa DE Ohio St.

    and that's it. 😮

  • OK, maybe there are a few others in the mix:

    Trevone Boykin QB TCU

    Cody Kessler QB USC

    Nick Chubb RB Georgia

    Connor Cook QB Mich. St.

    Derrick Henry RB Alabama

    Dak Prescott QB Miss. St.

    Jared Gogg QB Cal

    DeShaun Walker QB Clemson

    Jameer Johnson QB Auburn

    Leonard Fournette RB LSU

    Samajie Perrine RB Oklahoma

    Seth Russell QB Baylor

    Patrick Mohames QB Texas Tech

    Malik Zaire QB Notre Dame

    anyone else do something this past week to warrant consideration?

    I know that the Heisman race is NOT a contest about how well someone will do in the NFL....but we have to be leary of any QB coming out of Texas or the Big 12, do we not?

  • Leary in what regards? Pro potential? Then you should add OSU to that list.

  • Leary in what regards? Pro potential? Then you should add OSU to that list.

    @mld-woody said:

    Leary in what regards? Pro potential? Then you should add OSU to that list.

    Do you disagree that B12 QBs have had issues in the pros? Or were you just fine with Brandon Weeden and RGIII.

    And why do you have to bring in Ohio State into this conversation? Jealousy?

    No one has claimed that OSU QBs would ever make good Pro QBs....even Troy Smith...and he is the ONLY QB to win the Heisman at OSU. All the others were RBs.

    Yes, OSU could have a dozen All Americans on their team this year.

    Michigan will be lucky to have a single first team Big Ten player.

    See this: one guy made the second team all big ten

    http://www.philsteele.com/All_Conference/2015/2015%20Preseason/BigTen.html

    So, keep your inferiority complex off this thread.

    You wanna talk about potential Heisman Candidates here, fine.

  • Uh... You started by posting two OSU QBs. Then you posted more players. Then you said look out for certain players in the pros. There have been many posters wishing for Cardale on the Browns.

    That all seemed to fit together to make my comment very reasonable.

    As for the Big 12, there seems to be a risk drafting any primarily spread QB. We'll see if Mariotta can reverse that.

    I didn't bring OSU into any conversation. It is usually proudly displayed in the first post (like here).

    I'd love to have the success OSU is having. That's about it though.

  • Uh... You started by posting two OSU QBs. Then you posted more players. Then you said look out for certain players in the pros. There have been many posters wishing for Cardale on the Browns.

    That all seemed to fit together to make my comment very reasonable.

    As for the Big 12, there seems to be a risk drafting any primarily spread QB. We'll see if Mariotta can reverse that.

    I didn't bring OSU into any conversation. It is usually proudly displayed in the first post (like here).

    I'd love to have the success OSU is having. That's about it though.

    @mld-woody said:

    Uh... You started by posting two OSU QBs. Then you posted more players. Then you said look out for certain players in the pros. There have been many posters wishing for Cardale on the Browns.

    That all seemed to fit together to make my comment very reasonable.

    As for the Big 12, there seems to be a risk drafting any primarily spread QB. We'll see if Mariotta can reverse that.

    I didn't bring OSU into any conversation. It is usually proudly displayed in the first post (like here).

    I'd love to have the success OSU is having. That's about it though.

    You still haven't commented on the Heisman race.

    I mentioned the OSU players....because they are all actual Heisman candidates. Ask ESPN:

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman15/

  • If Braxton Miller plays all the games he will be the front-runner.

    He will be near or over 1000 yards rushing and receiving. Plus he will be near the top in total TD's

    And he will be on the #1 ranked undefeated team

  • @mld-woody said:

    Uh... You started by posting two OSU QBs. Then you posted more players. Then you said look out for certain players in the pros. There have been many posters wishing for Cardale on the Browns.

    That all seemed to fit together to make my comment very reasonable.

    As for the Big 12, there seems to be a risk drafting any primarily spread QB. We'll see if Mariotta can reverse that.

    I didn't bring OSU into any conversation. It is usually proudly displayed in the first post (like here).

    I'd love to have the success OSU is having. That's about it though.

    You still haven't commented on the Heisman race.

    I mentioned the OSU players....because they are all actual Heisman candidates. Ask ESPN:

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman15/

    @the-gipper said:

    You still haven't commented on the Heisman race.

    I mentioned the OSU players....because they are all actual Heisman candidates. Ask ESPN:

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman15/

    That's what you took from mt response? Lol ok

    1) Why is Barret still on there? He didn't start.

    2) Zeke is definitely your best shot. Will be the most consistent throughout the year I think. Very good shot to win.

    3) I've seen Denard win the September Heisman multiple times. Let's slow down a little on Braxton (in response to another post). He had a hell of a first game though.

  • Myles Garrett has shown up on a couple national lists. If Kyler Murray takes the starting QB job early, he'll be on lists. Johnny 2.0.

    The Auburn QB's name is Jeremy. The Clemson QB's name is Watson.

    Zaire looked incredible. Boykin is in a good position to make something happen but his team looked awful in game 1. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bercovici from ASU get up there.

  • Dark horse.

    Vernon Adams

  • True. Hope he loses to Sparty this week though.

  • I'd actually like to see Oregon finally win it all

  • Screw that

  • I'd actually like to see Oregon finally win it all

    @mld-woody said:

    I'd actually like to see Oregon finally win it all

    Why?

  • Fuck oregon

  • 58025431.jpg
  • Hilarious!

  • I've just never had a problem with Oregon. They're fun to watch. And it was always better they win than an SEC team

    I'd be cool with TCU or Baylor too

  • @the-gipper said:

    You still haven't commented on the Heisman race.

    I mentioned the OSU players....because they are all actual Heisman candidates. Ask ESPN:

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman15/

    That's what you took from mt response? Lol ok

    1) Why is Barret still on there? He didn't start.

    2) Zeke is definitely your best shot. Will be the most consistent throughout the year I think. Very good shot to win.

    3) I've seen Denard win the September Heisman multiple times. Let's slow down a little on Braxton (in response to another post). He had a hell of a first game though.

    @mld-woody said:

    That's what you took from mt response? Lol ok

    1) Why is Barret still on there? He didn't start.

    2) Zeke is definitely your best shot. Will be the most consistent throughout the year I think. Very good shot to win.

    3) I've seen Denard win the September Heisman multiple times. Let's slow down a little on Braxton (in response to another post). He had a hell of a first game though.

    I am just giving you the list that others have put together. I am sure it was put together before Monday's game. I included Bosa in my OP because many many many people actually think HE is the best player in college football....and may be the #1 overall pick next year. But the Heisman race these days (or even way back when) is really an offensive player award. But if any defender should be considered for it this year, Bosa may be the guy.

    (though his one game suspension could hurt)

  • Myles Garrett has shown up on a couple national lists. If Kyler Murray takes the starting QB job early, he'll be on lists. Johnny 2.0.

    The Auburn QB's name is Jeremy. The Clemson QB's name is Watson.

    Zaire looked incredible. Boykin is in a good position to make something happen but his team looked awful in game 1. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bercovici from ASU get up there.

    @wargograw said:

    Myles Garrett has shown up on a couple national lists. If Kyler Murray takes the starting QB job early, he'll be on lists. Johnny 2.0.

    The Auburn QB's name is Jeremy. The Clemson QB's name is Watson.

    Yea, when I wrote them down and then went to type them I couldn't make out my own writing, so I guessed.

    Zaire looked incredible. Boykin is in a good position to make something happen but his team looked awful in game 1. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bercovici from ASU get up there.

    People don't realize that Minnesota is a very good team. They gave OSU all they could handle last year.

    If TCU looked bad in that game it is because Minn. made them look bad.