Skip to content

Heisman Trophy Race

College Football Forum
32 7 1.4k
  • Uh... You started by posting two OSU QBs. Then you posted more players. Then you said look out for certain players in the pros. There have been many posters wishing for Cardale on the Browns.

    That all seemed to fit together to make my comment very reasonable.

    As for the Big 12, there seems to be a risk drafting any primarily spread QB. We'll see if Mariotta can reverse that.

    I didn't bring OSU into any conversation. It is usually proudly displayed in the first post (like here).

    I'd love to have the success OSU is having. That's about it though.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @mld-woody said:

    Uh... You started by posting two OSU QBs. Then you posted more players. Then you said look out for certain players in the pros. There have been many posters wishing for Cardale on the Browns.

    That all seemed to fit together to make my comment very reasonable.

    As for the Big 12, there seems to be a risk drafting any primarily spread QB. We'll see if Mariotta can reverse that.

    I didn't bring OSU into any conversation. It is usually proudly displayed in the first post (like here).

    I'd love to have the success OSU is having. That's about it though.

    You still haven't commented on the Heisman race.

    I mentioned the OSU players....because they are all actual Heisman candidates. Ask ESPN:

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman15/

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149
    #7

    If Braxton Miller plays all the games he will be the front-runner.

    He will be near or over 1000 yards rushing and receiving. Plus he will be near the top in total TD's

    And he will be on the #1 ranked undefeated team

  • @mld-woody said:

    Uh... You started by posting two OSU QBs. Then you posted more players. Then you said look out for certain players in the pros. There have been many posters wishing for Cardale on the Browns.

    That all seemed to fit together to make my comment very reasonable.

    As for the Big 12, there seems to be a risk drafting any primarily spread QB. We'll see if Mariotta can reverse that.

    I didn't bring OSU into any conversation. It is usually proudly displayed in the first post (like here).

    I'd love to have the success OSU is having. That's about it though.

    You still haven't commented on the Heisman race.

    I mentioned the OSU players....because they are all actual Heisman candidates. Ask ESPN:

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman15/

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @the-gipper said:

    You still haven't commented on the Heisman race.

    I mentioned the OSU players....because they are all actual Heisman candidates. Ask ESPN:

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman15/

    That's what you took from mt response? Lol ok

    1) Why is Barret still on there? He didn't start.

    2) Zeke is definitely your best shot. Will be the most consistent throughout the year I think. Very good shot to win.

    3) I've seen Denard win the September Heisman multiple times. Let's slow down a little on Braxton (in response to another post). He had a hell of a first game though.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Myles Garrett has shown up on a couple national lists. If Kyler Murray takes the starting QB job early, he'll be on lists. Johnny 2.0.

    The Auburn QB's name is Jeremy. The Clemson QB's name is Watson.

    Zaire looked incredible. Boykin is in a good position to make something happen but his team looked awful in game 1. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bercovici from ASU get up there.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Dark horse.

    Vernon Adams

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #11

    True. Hope he loses to Sparty this week though.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I'd actually like to see Oregon finally win it all

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Screw that

  • I'd actually like to see Oregon finally win it all

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @mld-woody said:

    I'd actually like to see Oregon finally win it all

    Why?

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Fuck oregon

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #16
    58025431.jpg
  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Hilarious!

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I've just never had a problem with Oregon. They're fun to watch. And it was always better they win than an SEC team

    I'd be cool with TCU or Baylor too

  • @the-gipper said:

    You still haven't commented on the Heisman race.

    I mentioned the OSU players....because they are all actual Heisman candidates. Ask ESPN:

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman15/

    That's what you took from mt response? Lol ok

    1) Why is Barret still on there? He didn't start.

    2) Zeke is definitely your best shot. Will be the most consistent throughout the year I think. Very good shot to win.

    3) I've seen Denard win the September Heisman multiple times. Let's slow down a little on Braxton (in response to another post). He had a hell of a first game though.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @mld-woody said:

    That's what you took from mt response? Lol ok

    1) Why is Barret still on there? He didn't start.

    2) Zeke is definitely your best shot. Will be the most consistent throughout the year I think. Very good shot to win.

    3) I've seen Denard win the September Heisman multiple times. Let's slow down a little on Braxton (in response to another post). He had a hell of a first game though.

    I am just giving you the list that others have put together. I am sure it was put together before Monday's game. I included Bosa in my OP because many many many people actually think HE is the best player in college football....and may be the #1 overall pick next year. But the Heisman race these days (or even way back when) is really an offensive player award. But if any defender should be considered for it this year, Bosa may be the guy.

    (though his one game suspension could hurt)

  • Myles Garrett has shown up on a couple national lists. If Kyler Murray takes the starting QB job early, he'll be on lists. Johnny 2.0.

    The Auburn QB's name is Jeremy. The Clemson QB's name is Watson.

    Zaire looked incredible. Boykin is in a good position to make something happen but his team looked awful in game 1. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bercovici from ASU get up there.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @wargograw said:

    Myles Garrett has shown up on a couple national lists. If Kyler Murray takes the starting QB job early, he'll be on lists. Johnny 2.0.

    The Auburn QB's name is Jeremy. The Clemson QB's name is Watson.

    Yea, when I wrote them down and then went to type them I couldn't make out my own writing, so I guessed.

    Zaire looked incredible. Boykin is in a good position to make something happen but his team looked awful in game 1. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bercovici from ASU get up there.

    People don't realize that Minnesota is a very good team. They gave OSU all they could handle last year.

    If TCU looked bad in that game it is because Minn. made them look bad.

  • I've just never had a problem with Oregon. They're fun to watch. And it was always better they win than an SEC team

    I'd be cool with TCU or Baylor too

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @mld-woody said:

    I've just never had a problem with Oregon. They're fun to watch. And it was always better they win than an SEC team

    I'd be cool with TCU or Baylor too

    I wouldn't mind any of those schools winning it all sometime. Not this year, but sometime.

    I mean, look at the power change in Texas football. Previous doormats TCU and Baylor are now the cream of the crop in that state. Texas...not so much. TAMU may move up from the unranked....probably did. I haven't seen the polls yet.

  • @mld-woody said:

    That's what you took from mt response? Lol ok

    1) Why is Barret still on there? He didn't start.

    2) Zeke is definitely your best shot. Will be the most consistent throughout the year I think. Very good shot to win.

    3) I've seen Denard win the September Heisman multiple times. Let's slow down a little on Braxton (in response to another post). He had a hell of a first game though.

    I am just giving you the list that others have put together. I am sure it was put together before Monday's game. I included Bosa in my OP because many many many people actually think HE is the best player in college football....and may be the #1 overall pick next year. But the Heisman race these days (or even way back when) is really an offensive player award. But if any defender should be considered for it this year, Bosa may be the guy.

    (though his one game suspension could hurt)

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @the-gipper said:

    I am just giving you the list that others have put together. I am sure it was put together before Monday's game. I included Bosa in my OP because many many many people actually think HE is the best player in college football....and may be the #1 overall pick next year. But the Heisman race these days (or even way back when) is really an offensive player award. But if any defender should be considered for it this year, Bosa may be the guy.

    (though his one game suspension could hurt)

    If Clowney couldn't win it that one year, Bosa will need to have a hell of a year...though he was up against Johnny Funball.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am just giving you the list that others have put together. I am sure it was put together before Monday's game. I included Bosa in my OP because many many many people actually think HE is the best player in college football....and may be the #1 overall pick next year. But the Heisman race these days (or even way back when) is really an offensive player award. But if any defender should be considered for it this year, Bosa may be the guy.

    (though his one game suspension could hurt)

    If Clowney couldn't win it that one year, Bosa will need to have a hell of a year...though he was up against Johnny Funball.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #23

    @gftchris said:

    If Clowney couldn't win it that one year, Bosa will need to have a hell of a year...though he was up against Johnny Funball.

    If I recall, Clowney really shut down the engines his junior year. What could have been an every snap dominant player turned into one more worried about being paid; Save for a few flashes here and there.

  • @mld-woody said:

    That's what you took from mt response? Lol ok

    1) Why is Barret still on there? He didn't start.

    2) Zeke is definitely your best shot. Will be the most consistent throughout the year I think. Very good shot to win.

    3) I've seen Denard win the September Heisman multiple times. Let's slow down a little on Braxton (in response to another post). He had a hell of a first game though.

    I am just giving you the list that others have put together. I am sure it was put together before Monday's game. I included Bosa in my OP because many many many people actually think HE is the best player in college football....and may be the #1 overall pick next year. But the Heisman race these days (or even way back when) is really an offensive player award. But if any defender should be considered for it this year, Bosa may be the guy.

    (though his one game suspension could hurt)

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @the-gipper said:

    I am just giving you the list that others have put together. I am sure it was put together before Monday's game. I included Bosa in my OP because many many many people actually think HE is the best player in college football....and may be the #1 overall pick next year. But the Heisman race these days (or even way back when) is really an offensive player award. But if any defender should be considered for it this year, Bosa may be the guy.

    (though his one game suspension could hurt)

    Probably right about Bosa. Unless there is a DB somewhere that will play some O. Peppers probably will in a year or two, but not this year.

  • @gftchris said:

    If Clowney couldn't win it that one year, Bosa will need to have a hell of a year...though he was up against Johnny Funball.

    If I recall, Clowney really shut down the engines his junior year. What could have been an every snap dominant player turned into one more worried about being paid; Save for a few flashes here and there.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @tiamat63 said:

    If I recall, Clowney really shut down the engines his junior year. What could have been an every snap dominant player turned into one more worried about being paid; Save for a few flashes here and there.

    Yeah, I meant the year he was good. The year he shut himself down was won by Jameis Winston.