Game Day meal
-
This year I am going to finally do some smoked ribs and wings. The last 3 years I havent had the time to get up early and start everything and start my tailgating on my back patio. This year, I will be making my neighbors on Chincoteague Islands mouths water. So, Whats eveyones opening game meal, or ritual?
-
Just bought us a new grill. For years, I cooked once in a while on our backyard fire pit
when we had friends over. But, the pines grew big, and overshadowed it, so that was that.
A new 5 burner Backyard Grill - great time to buy -
I believe I'll grill the babyback ribs, but I will have go by the bbq grill cookbook.
Or, I'll go buy a couple of better steaks and try again - the two top sirloin - I didn't let them
get to room temp, used em straight from the fridge - a bit too well done for us...
and didn't have the high heat going first.
-
There are some damn good recipes out there for ribs. I now brine mine with apple juice and peel away the membrane on the bone side. For me, the ribs became more tender and now I dont get much because my kids destroy them. As for the Bloody Mary I have to get the actaul recipe from you.
-
Gyoza, fried rice and beer.
-
Game day AM. No changes in 35 yrs. Wake up it's coffee while cooking the Game day Western Omelet where anything in the fridge can be a option. Pregame shows kickoff with Bloody Mary's (Home games) Screwdrivers (Road Games, at some point we will get screwed). After that I am a total Coaches Decision (Wifey) What it is?, When it is? No telling but she knows am in the Man Cave where at some point I will hear all about her Panthers Game. Still would never change a thing but our final record has got to get to Panthers record please.
-
No ritual but I might make some effort for opening day. Maybe some ribs, mac & cheese, that kind of thing.
-
I switch up...Italian sloppy joes, shredded beef, wings, brats, hot dogs & coney sauce, pepper/parmesan burgers, chili. Also chorizo stuffed jalapenos, sausage & cheese dip, pepperoni/mozzarella/parmesan planks & lots of beer & root beer.
I almost always make a pan of peanut butter fudge.
Mike
-
Canton Mike makes great food. He only has root beer sometimes, when I
am over, the bum.
-
I'm excited to be getting the games at home this year cause it means preparing game day food. While it's still grilling weather we are going with the traditional yet delicious choice. I'm fortunate to have a legit butcher shop up the road from me so we'll be nabbing some burgers and brats from there. The usual plan for my brats is let them soak in a good porter for about 30-45 minutes before the grill. My wife will be all over making some fresh German-style (the only way IMO) potato salad. Nothing special with the burgers except a locally made seasoning that is delicious.
Of course, that is complemented with a bloody mary with pickle, olive, bacon and celery. There's a local mix here in NC that's legit the best I've ever had before and really gets the juices flowing to yell at the TV all day haha. Can't wait!
-
And Pace Picante Sauce and Guacamole in Tostitos Corn cups.
-
Zombo said:
Are we going to see you two on the 20th?
Z
My wife always goes to the home opener with me, so I will be there with my Bride Colleen & my Daughter Maggie & Son in Law Ryan, who also have season tickets. Maybe we can talk Cal into driving up just to tailgate. I will also be posting regarding food & drink to bring a little later.
Z...anytime you're around on an "away" date, give me a shout...Browns' Fans welcome in the Cave!
Mike
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login