Skip to content

Browns cut Terrell Pryor, claim Robert Turbin

The Browns Board
86 39 3.5k
  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Claimed Robert turbin who is currently injured ?

  • B blowe wrote on last edited by
    #12

    What in the fuck...

  • ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #13

    He played 15 snaps at WR, what are we to do? Hope he might end up being sorta good? It would have been cool to have him but he did nothing to earn his way on the team.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Third string quarterback but for a crisis of biblical proportions should never see the field. And he is number 4, at least hopefully.

    I never played very much football but I've been singing for well over 50 years. If somebody told me to go back and get behind the drums I would bet dollars to dog turds that I'd suck and I have not seen this guy catch a pass in the National Football League yet.

    WSS

  • TheOllieCT TheOllieC wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Regardless of if Pryor deserved to get cut or not, Turbin can't even play for a couple weeks and there are still 4 TE's on the roster. Doesn't make sense.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Nice to try and see what Pryor could do, wasn't enough, good luck to him elsewhere.

    He'll end up a QB in Canada or something

  • Third string quarterback but for a crisis of biblical proportions should never see the field. And he is number 4, at least hopefully.

    I never played very much football but I've been singing for well over 50 years. If somebody told me to go back and get behind the drums I would bet dollars to dog turds that I'd suck and I have not seen this guy catch a pass in the National Football League yet.

    WSS

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @westside-steve said:

    Third string quarterback but for a crisis of biblical proportions should never see the field. And he is number 4, at least hopefully.

    I never played very much football but I've been singing for well over 50 years. If somebody told me to go back and get behind the drums I would bet dollars to dog turds that I'd suck and I have not seen this guy catch a pass in the National Football League yet.

    WSS

    Except catching a ball is infinitely easier than playing drums.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Can we hold the plane to NY? We still only have Crow & Duke to run the ball. Draughn must come off PS and somebody must still go down to PS?? Don't call Ray!!

  • @westside-steve said:

    Third string quarterback but for a crisis of biblical proportions should never see the field. And he is number 4, at least hopefully.

    I never played very much football but I've been singing for well over 50 years. If somebody told me to go back and get behind the drums I would bet dollars to dog turds that I'd suck and I have not seen this guy catch a pass in the National Football League yet.

    WSS

    Except catching a ball is infinitely easier than playing drums.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Except catching a ball is infinitely easier than playing drums.

    Probably. But if its that much easier we can play anybody at receiver. Like Lenz.....

    WSS

  • Regardless of if Pryor deserved to get cut or not, Turbin can't even play for a couple weeks and there are still 4 TE's on the roster. Doesn't make sense.

    John.R.Brown1968J John.R.Brown1968 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @theolliec said:

    Regardless of if Pryor deserved to get cut or not, Turbin can't even play for a couple weeks and there are still 4 TE's on the roster. Doesn't make sense.

    THIS.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Except catching a ball is infinitely easier than playing drums.

    Probably. But if its that much easier we can play anybody at receiver. Like Lenz.....

    WSS

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @westside-steve said:

    Probably. But if its that much easier we can play anybody at receiver. Like Lenz.....

    WSS

    Except that Lenz isn't 6'5", 240 and doesn't run a 4.4 40. I wouldn't expect him to be able to play drums, but I guarantee he can probably catch balls just as well as half the guys on the roster.

    It's harder to not catch a ball than it is to actually catch one. That's why I still don't understand Greg Little.

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Josh Lenz is never going to be a

    thing. Let it go

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I'll trust the coaches judgment over internet wannabes.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Report: Browns waive Terrelle Pryor; claim Robert Turbin

    Sep 10 2015, 4:47 PMJoe Thomson

    The Cleveland Browns are set to waive quarterback-turned-wide receiver Terrelle Pryor, according to multiple reports.

    "This will be a mistake by them,'' Pryor said, according Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, "nothing shocks me in this league anymore.''

    Pryor also told Cabot that the team waived him to make room for former Seattle Seahawks running back Robert Turbin.

    One of the most talked about storylines in camp, Pryor appeared safe after making the Browns' initial 53-man roster as one of the team's seven wideouts.

    Any team can now claim the Ohio State product, but Pryor is not eligible for the practice squad as a veteran so he will have to be signed to a team's 53-man roster.

    Turdbin....terrible.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    He'll probably end up in Pisstown.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #26

    I don't see it with Pitts depth chart and no PS is not going to help TP right now. Carolina Possible?

  • He'll probably end up in Pisstown.

    John.R.Brown1968J John.R.Brown1968 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @the-gipper said:

    He'll probably end up in Pisstown.

    LOL ... that was my first thought too. One can only hope that doesn't happen.

  • I don't see it with Pitts depth chart and no PS is not going to help TP right now. Carolina Possible?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @gumby73 said:

    I don't see it with Pitts depth chart and no PS is not going to help TP right now. Carolina Possible?

    That would be fine. Go to Carolina....go to the other conference. Caro. can use a WR. He can commiserate with Newton...whom he had been compared with.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #29

    I find myself wondering if the Packers might be interested....project & red zone threat?

    Mike

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Stupid move. Pryer has a hell of a lot more upside than injured friggin Turbin. damn