Skip to content

Kevin Kaesviharn

The Browns Board
10 10 976
  • S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by Sez.EJ
    #1

    Was just released by the Saints.. He is 33 yr old safety. I have seen some good football from this guy. Does he fit the bill for a mangini pickup? He seems like the 2 year deal, solid veteran kind of guy.. I know this guy has had the injury bug..but he may be the kind of veteran presence a young secondary needs.. and we still draft a safety somewhere in this draft....any thoughts on this guy. I did not see much of the saints last year...

  • N Nicksilvy wrote on last edited by
    #2

    64 tackles last year, 49 solo, and 2 interceptions. He might have lost a step or two but I'd see him as a solid pickup. A vet saftey would be nice in the event we can't or don't draft a safety and if nothing else he'd be a solid backup.

  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #3

    i like it/ he has the veteran presence that mangini wants and can still play.

  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by
    #4

    those numbers are deceiving. kaesviharn is terry cousin bad in coverage and wouldn't make the roster of a decent NFL team; there's no reason to have him on ours. i'd rather have a UDFA rook who we don't have to pay as much and who's unproven, thus with the chance of having an upside.

  • Was just released by the Saints.. He is 33 yr old safety. I have seen some good football from this guy. Does he fit the bill for a mangini pickup? He seems like the 2 year deal, solid veteran kind of guy.. I know this guy has had the injury bug..but he may be the kind of veteran presence a young secondary needs.. and we still draft a safety somewhere in this draft....any thoughts on this guy. I did not see much of the saints last year...

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @sez.ej said:

    Was just released by the Saints.. He is 33 yr old safety. I have seen some good football from this guy. Does he fit the bill for a mangini pickup? He seems like the 2 year deal, solid veteran kind of guy.. I know this guy has had the injury bug..but he may be the kind of veteran presence a young secondary needs.. and we still draft a safety somewhere in this draft....any thoughts on this guy. I did not see much of the saints last year...

    Let's see, he's white and catholic so he's got Sam Rutigliano's support.

  • @sez.ej said:

    Was just released by the Saints.. He is 33 yr old safety. I have seen some good football from this guy. Does he fit the bill for a mangini pickup? He seems like the 2 year deal, solid veteran kind of guy.. I know this guy has had the injury bug..but he may be the kind of veteran presence a young secondary needs.. and we still draft a safety somewhere in this draft....any thoughts on this guy. I did not see much of the saints last year...

    Let's see, he's white and catholic so he's got Sam Rutigliano's support.

    ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @lumbergh said:

    Let's see, I'm a fuċking idiot.

    Finally, you say something intelligent.

  • @sez.ej said:

    Was just released by the Saints.. He is 33 yr old safety. I have seen some good football from this guy. Does he fit the bill for a mangini pickup? He seems like the 2 year deal, solid veteran kind of guy.. I know this guy has had the injury bug..but he may be the kind of veteran presence a young secondary needs.. and we still draft a safety somewhere in this draft....any thoughts on this guy. I did not see much of the saints last year...

    Let's see, he's white and catholic so he's got Sam Rutigliano's support.

    onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @lumbergh said:

    Let's see, he's white and catholic so he's got Sam Rutigliano's support.

    This isn't a DA post. Did you click the wrong thread?

    I'd say no to Kaesviharn. I watched him quite a bit since I'm in Bengal country down here. He played hard, seemed like a good guy...but never really produced. As mentioned above, his coverage skills are terrible. He is very slow too. He was also inconsistent...seems like he'd have a decent year and Bengals fans thought he'd break out the next...then another decent year followed by a weak one. Never above average.

  • @lumbergh said:

    Let's see, he's white and catholic so he's got Sam Rutigliano's support.

    This isn't a DA post. Did you click the wrong thread?

    I'd say no to Kaesviharn. I watched him quite a bit since I'm in Bengal country down here. He played hard, seemed like a good guy...but never really produced. As mentioned above, his coverage skills are terrible. He is very slow too. He was also inconsistent...seems like he'd have a decent year and Bengals fans thought he'd break out the next...then another decent year followed by a weak one. Never above average.

    Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @onefellswoop7 said:

    This isn't a DA post. Did you click the wrong thread?

    I'd say no to Kaesviharn. I watched him quite a bit since I'm in Bengal country down here. He played hard, seemed like a good guy...but never really produced. As mentioned above, his coverage skills are terrible. He is very slow too. He was also inconsistent...seems like he'd have a decent year and Bengals fans thought he'd break out the next...then another decent year followed by a weak one. Never above average.

    I think I'd rather see them pickup Lawyer Milloy, Will Demps or Terrence Holt

  • W WilsonTheVolleyball wrote on last edited by
    #9

    As a Saints fan in New Orleans who had the honor of watching KK for a long time, I can tell you he's not worth it. Practice squad material or a camp body at best I'd say.

  • E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I'd rather have Roy Williams at safety. THAT'S how bad this guy is in coverage.