Skip to content

McCown

The Browns Board
71 28 3.2k
  • Some of his decisions are iffy but you can't question his heart. If the rest of our team had even half the ball sack McCown does we would be amazing. McCown is playing like someone's trying to take his job, he's playing like he gets paid a lot to play, he's playing like he wants to WIN. In other words he gets it. It's a damn shame most of the rest of our entitled losers don't.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Diving for a TD is Mike Alstott, got it. Clearly you've never watched the sport.

    You are so negative because you're a dumbass.Simple explanation. I don't think anyone really wonders why, it's pretty apparent.

    No dumbass, I'm talking about leading with your head, not diving for a TD.

    Apparently reading isn't your strong suit. May I help you sign up for some remedial English classes at the elementary school? I heard they're all the rage in Pittsburgh...

    @tobalaz said:

    No dumbass, I'm talking about leading with your head, not diving for a TD.

    Apparently reading isn't your strong suit. May I help you sign up for some remedial English classes at the elementary school? I heard they're all the rage in Pittsburgh...

    I'd love to see him dive and lead with his feet. That would be the smartest way.

    Except for the fact the ball crossing the plain constitutes a TD, not body parts.

    Further, jumping over a person isn't "leading with your head", fuckwit.

  • @tobalaz said:

    No dumbass, I'm talking about leading with your head, not diving for a TD.

    Apparently reading isn't your strong suit. May I help you sign up for some remedial English classes at the elementary school? I heard they're all the rage in Pittsburgh...

    I'd love to see him dive and lead with his feet. That would be the smartest way.

    Except for the fact the ball crossing the plain constitutes a TD, not body parts.

    Further, jumping over a person isn't "leading with your head", fuckwit.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'd love to see him dive and lead with his feet. That would be the smartest way.

    Except for the fact the ball crossing the plain constitutes a TD, not body parts.

    Further, jumping over a person isn't "leading with your head", fuckwit.

    Glad to see impotent rage still lives on trolling the Browns forums.

    Still, what did he lead with?

    It might have been ballsy but it was still nothing short of stupid no matter how you look at it.

  • Isn't diving pretty much head first by definition?

  • Not to be optimistic but if they clean up the penalties they will be fine. Every time they did something positive it was wiped away. Really disappointed with the oline, but the Jets have a real dline. I think JM did ok considering he had no reps, no run game, and a collapsing pocket the entire second half. No QB in this league would have won with the way this team played today.

    @htownbrown said:

    Not to be optimistic but if they clean up the penalties they will be fine. Every time they did something positive it was wiped away.

    hate to break it to ya friend but the NFL is rigged. if the narrative that week is for a team to lose, there's almost nothing they can do to change that. having to make twice as many plays as the opponent makes it nearly impossible to win beyond playing a perfect game...and in a sport where fouls are committed on both sides on every single play, it is what it is.

    don't believe me? just ask Hitner.

  • Look, if your starting qb thinks he's Mike F*cking Alstott leading with his head you picked an idiot and have to blame the GM.

    This level of stupidity is D.A. trip the ref level of stupid.

    And people wonder why I get so negative! Dear god!

    @tobalaz said:

    Look, if your starting qb thinks he's Mike F*cking Alstott leading with his head you picked an idiot and have to blame the GM.

    This level of stupidity is D.A. trip the ref level of stupid.

    And people wonder why I get so negative! Dear god!

    Good God, why are you back...

  • @tobalaz said:

    Look, if your starting qb thinks he's Mike F*cking Alstott leading with his head you picked an idiot and have to blame the GM.

    This level of stupidity is D.A. trip the ref level of stupid.

    And people wonder why I get so negative! Dear god!

    Good God, why are you back...

    @sisky-fringo said:

    Good God, why are you back...

    Because the family insists I still watch Browns games to "support the home team" and I believe they COULD BE great again, but we've got morons as far up as the owner box and straight down the line through the coaching staff.

    We're always seeing coaches come in, and instead of adjusting to the talent, they insist it be traded and dumped for their guys and in the process get fired for taking too much time.

    Great coaches adjust, as much as I hate the Pats they change their schemes with their talent instead of rebuilding and changing their talent to their schemes.

    I want THAT HERE.

    Problem is every first time head coach knows it all and thinks their way is going to work with an entirely new group of players with different skill sets then what they had.

    We see the same thing over and over, and we've either got to find the right guy or let the new guy learn and hope he becomes the right guy.

    Besides, I moved out of the city and live on a farm now, I've got no one to talk about the games with anymore...

  • Some of his decisions are iffy but you can't question his heart. If the rest of our team had even half the ball sack McCown does we would be amazing. McCown is playing like someone's trying to take his job, he's playing like he gets paid a lot to play, he's playing like he wants to WIN. In other words he gets it. It's a damn shame most of the rest of our entitled losers don't.

    @jcam222 said:

    Some of his decisions are iffy but you can't question his heart. If the rest of our team had even half the ball sack McCown does we would be amazing. McCown is playing like someone's trying to take his job, he's playing like he gets paid a lot to play, he's playing like he wants to WIN. In other words he gets it. It's a damn shame most of the rest of our entitled losers don't.

    Amen. He may be a journeyman but he was playing his ass off to win.

  • I would take that hustle any day of the week.

    Winning teams make that play. Losing teams don't. Zero fault for the guy trying to change the culture.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I would take that hustle any day of the week.

    Winning teams make that play. Losing teams don't. Zero fault for the guy trying to change the culture.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'd love to see him dive and lead with his feet. That would be the smartest way.

    Except for the fact the ball crossing the plain constitutes a TD, not body parts.

    Further, jumping over a person isn't "leading with your head", fuckwit.

    TC- love the hustle, but not smart. If you're the strarting qb- you have to protect yourself. That wasn't an isolated incident either. If you watched any of the preseason- McCown took several killer shots that made me cringe. He won't last another couple game unless he learns how to duck. He should have Peyton Manning on speed dial for a crash course on how to not get killed.

  • @sisky-fringo said:

    Good God, why are you back...

    Because the family insists I still watch Browns games to "support the home team" and I believe they COULD BE great again, but we've got morons as far up as the owner box and straight down the line through the coaching staff.

    We're always seeing coaches come in, and instead of adjusting to the talent, they insist it be traded and dumped for their guys and in the process get fired for taking too much time.

    Great coaches adjust, as much as I hate the Pats they change their schemes with their talent instead of rebuilding and changing their talent to their schemes.

    I want THAT HERE.

    Problem is every first time head coach knows it all and thinks their way is going to work with an entirely new group of players with different skill sets then what they had.

    We see the same thing over and over, and we've either got to find the right guy or let the new guy learn and hope he becomes the right guy.

    Besides, I moved out of the city and live on a farm now, I've got no one to talk about the games with anymore...

    @tobalaz said:

    Because the family insists I still watch Browns games to "support the home team" and I believe they COULD BE great again.

    I moved out of the city and live on a farm now, I've got no one to talk about the games with anymore...

    welp don't give up yet, there's still a chance Solomon will return and show Mingo, Kruger, and Orchard how to set an edge...and Greco does NOT return (sorry Grek...nuthin pers) and they move Schwartz inside and Erving to RT.

    hey a guy can dream, can't he??

    PS who knew Schwartz and his twin are the only two Yidz to play in the NFL together? i really wish it weren't so.

    PSS Josh McCown eats nails for breakfast, without any milk. even though Johnny Fumbles is steadily improving...godspeed for Josh's return. Luke was puke, Josh is a boss.

    PSSS everyone should watch that clip i posted of the NFC Championship Hawks vs Niners...wholly worthwhile.

  • Much is riding on McCown staying healthy but with that said it would be hard for any competitive qb to take a slide at the 1 or 2 yard line on third down and not try to get into the end zone.

    Also not excusing all the mistakes, penalties and turnovers but I wonder how this game would have turned out if McCown had not gotten a concussion early in the game? Manziel showed some flashes of being a good qb but turned the ball over too much. For this team to be successful they have to keep turnovers, penalties and mistakes down to a minimum (and get a decent running game going) and have their defense force turnovers none of which happened today.

  • Get used to it. The new concussion protocol is going to change the game a lot.

    WSS

  • One thing I'll say thinking it over- McCown when he gets cleared deserves another longer shot behind center. The drive before the Elway helicopter fail was pretty damn good.

  • I appreciate that McCown knew how important a TD would have been after that incredibly long, dominating drive. However the helicopter, concussion+fumble causing, touchback + personal foul that gave the jets the ball at the 35 is much worse than a field goal.

    Regardless, McCown was trying (and mostly succeeding) to be a playmaker on that drive, which is nice because we don't have any other playmakers on offense.

  • McCown was not playing to get hurt... just playing.

    Admire the effort, but question the judgement shown for first drive of the season. A vet should know better.

    He will start Week 2, if medically cleared.

    @tour2ma said:

    McCown was not playing to get hurt... just playing.Admire the effort, but question the judgement shown for first drive of the season. A vet should know better.He will start Week 2, if medically cleared.

    That's exactly correct. That's how you want your guy to play. I don't think anyone expect to get hurt and I think after all these years in the league this is the first season in which that would be a game ending hit.

    As I mentioned before this concussion protocol is going to make it extremely easy to take out any player. Even an incidental helmet to helmet is going to require that he be kept out for the rest of the game no matter who it is. And we see those hips happened all the time.

    That means you can take any player out of the game and it costs you 15 yards.

    This guy really does play like a brown. I'd love to see him have one more big season.

    WSS

  • One thing I'll say thinking it over- McCown when he gets cleared deserves another longer shot behind center. The drive before the Elway helicopter fail was pretty damn good.

    @jrb12711 said:

    One thing I'll say thinking it over- McCown when he gets cleared deserves another longer shot behind center. The drive before the Elway helicopter fail was pretty damn good.

    No denying that. You gotta get behind a guy who lays it on the line like that.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    One thing I'll say thinking it over- McCown when he gets cleared deserves another longer shot behind center. The drive before the Elway helicopter fail was pretty damn good.

    No denying that. You gotta get behind a guy who lays it on the line like that.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    No denying that. You gotta get behind a guy who lays it on the line like that.

    Exactly. I have zero qualms with McCown's decision. He plays hard because that's all he can do...he's at the tail end of his career, he's never been a legitimate starter - he's just doing whatever he wants to win.

    Everybody shitting over yesterday probably wasn't shitting over it when he did this in 2013.

    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/josh-mccown-chicago-bears-helicopter-brandon-marshall-dallas-cowboys

    If he slid on the one and we didn't get in the endzone, everyone would be calling him a pussy. If he scored rather than fumbled, this board would be proclaiming McCown as the greatest Browns QB of this millennium.

    I'll gladly take a drive like that coupled with a possible TD run like that on every single drive this year. Even if he fumbles on half of them, that's still fun fucking football.

  • McCown was playing to win. If he's healthy I think he starts Sunday. Good to see that kind of effort again.

  • Halleluiah Mike H Halleluiah. Damn what a difference a day makes after the alcohol talking 😉😁

  • doesn't matter, now we have Deputy Jonathan Manziel to ride in on his Cherry Cordial Tiger and hang dong on the entire NFL.

    @roycerolls said:

    doesn't matter, now we have Deputy Jonathan Manziel to ride in on his Cherry Cordial Tiger and hang dong on the entire NFL.

    i saw this and LMAO!

    very creative royce.