McCown
-
Get used to it. The new concussion protocol is going to change the game a lot.
WSS
-
One thing I'll say thinking it over- McCown when he gets cleared deserves another longer shot behind center. The drive before the Elway helicopter fail was pretty damn good.
-
I appreciate that McCown knew how important a TD would have been after that incredibly long, dominating drive. However the helicopter, concussion+fumble causing, touchback + personal foul that gave the jets the ball at the 35 is much worse than a field goal.
Regardless, McCown was trying (and mostly succeeding) to be a playmaker on that drive, which is nice because we don't have any other playmakers on offense.
-
McCown was not playing to get hurt... just playing.
Admire the effort, but question the judgement shown for first drive of the season. A vet should know better.
He will start Week 2, if medically cleared.
That's exactly correct. That's how you want your guy to play. I don't think anyone expect to get hurt and I think after all these years in the league this is the first season in which that would be a game ending hit.McCown was not playing to get hurt... just playing.Admire the effort, but question the judgement shown for first drive of the season. A vet should know better.He will start Week 2, if medically cleared.
As I mentioned before this concussion protocol is going to make it extremely easy to take out any player. Even an incidental helmet to helmet is going to require that he be kept out for the rest of the game no matter who it is. And we see those hips happened all the time.
That means you can take any player out of the game and it costs you 15 yards.
This guy really does play like a brown. I'd love to see him have one more big season.
WSS
-
One thing I'll say thinking it over- McCown when he gets cleared deserves another longer shot behind center. The drive before the Elway helicopter fail was pretty damn good.
-
No denying that. You gotta get behind a guy who lays it on the line like that.
Exactly. I have zero qualms with McCown's decision. He plays hard because that's all he can do...he's at the tail end of his career, he's never been a legitimate starter - he's just doing whatever he wants to win.
Everybody shitting over yesterday probably wasn't shitting over it when he did this in 2013.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/josh-mccown-chicago-bears-helicopter-brandon-marshall-dallas-cowboys
If he slid on the one and we didn't get in the endzone, everyone would be calling him a pussy. If he scored rather than fumbled, this board would be proclaiming McCown as the greatest Browns QB of this millennium.
I'll gladly take a drive like that coupled with a possible TD run like that on every single drive this year. Even if he fumbles on half of them, that's still fun fucking football.
-
doesn't matter, now we have Deputy Jonathan Manziel to ride in on his Cherry Cordial Tiger and hang dong on the entire NFL.
doesn't matter, now we have Deputy Jonathan Manziel to ride in on his Cherry Cordial Tiger and hang dong on the entire NFL.
i saw this and LMAO!
very creative royce.
-
McCown was playing to win. If he's healthy I think he starts Sunday. Good to see that kind of effort again.
McCown was playing to win. If he's healthy I think he starts Sunday. Good to see that kind of effort again.
No doubt....
If McCown had slid in at the one, everyone....and I mean EVERYONE.....would be bitching and whining about how he didnt try to score and gave up on the play and what a pussy he is, etc etc etc....whine whine whine....wahhhhh!
I like his effort and how the team moves when he's in there......hope he's back sooooooooooon!
-
That's exactly correct. That's how you want your guy to play. I don't think anyone expect to get hurt and I think after all these years in the league this is the first season in which that would be a game ending hit.McCown was not playing to get hurt... just playing.Admire the effort, but question the judgement shown for first drive of the season. A vet should know better.He will start Week 2, if medically cleared.
As I mentioned before this concussion protocol is going to make it extremely easy to take out any player. Even an incidental helmet to helmet is going to require that he be kept out for the rest of the game no matter who it is. And we see those hips happened all the time.
That means you can take any player out of the game and it costs you 15 yards.
This guy really does play like a brown. I'd love to see him have one more big season.
WSS
you can take any player out of the game and it costs you 15 yards.
WSS
^^ this.
with the attention Will Smith's new movie brings and the new protocols, i predict a shitstorm. especially with James Harrison is a Steeler again --> a place where that city will crown him for such actions regardless of unsportsmanlike conduct. Pats fans dislike being called cheaters, puke fans actually draw pride from such accusations. shame slides off those fans like rain-x.
imagine losing a QB like Brady for even a few plays of a final drive of a closely contested playoff game. mark my words, it's gonna happen.
-
-
You are out of your mind pal. McCown is much better he just got hurt. Brian was never all that aggressive he was average on his best outings while the defense and the running game carried the team to victory.
WSS
I know it is early in the AM, but ... > is greater than. The dude agrees.
Zombo
--The dude abides
-
i saw that but let it go.
it must be all that fresh clean air coming off sandusky bay that has steve all confused.
-
Or all that MJ smoke coming off the islands...
-
?
Its not that early in the AM but I am wondering what the problem with the post might have been?
Maybe I'm missing something...
WSS
-
greater than > less than.
-
You posted as if you disagreed even though you were actually in accord with him. Therefore most assumed you interpreted the "greater than" sign to mean "less than."
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

