Skip to content

McCown

The Browns Board
71 28 3.2k
  • @jrb12711 said:

    One thing I'll say thinking it over- McCown when he gets cleared deserves another longer shot behind center. The drive before the Elway helicopter fail was pretty damn good.

    No denying that. You gotta get behind a guy who lays it on the line like that.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    No denying that. You gotta get behind a guy who lays it on the line like that.

    Exactly. I have zero qualms with McCown's decision. He plays hard because that's all he can do...he's at the tail end of his career, he's never been a legitimate starter - he's just doing whatever he wants to win.

    Everybody shitting over yesterday probably wasn't shitting over it when he did this in 2013.

    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/josh-mccown-chicago-bears-helicopter-brandon-marshall-dallas-cowboys

    If he slid on the one and we didn't get in the endzone, everyone would be calling him a pussy. If he scored rather than fumbled, this board would be proclaiming McCown as the greatest Browns QB of this millennium.

    I'll gladly take a drive like that coupled with a possible TD run like that on every single drive this year. Even if he fumbles on half of them, that's still fun fucking football.

  • McCown was playing to win. If he's healthy I think he starts Sunday. Good to see that kind of effort again.

  • Halleluiah Mike H Halleluiah. Damn what a difference a day makes after the alcohol talking 😉😁

  • doesn't matter, now we have Deputy Jonathan Manziel to ride in on his Cherry Cordial Tiger and hang dong on the entire NFL.

    @roycerolls said:

    doesn't matter, now we have Deputy Jonathan Manziel to ride in on his Cherry Cordial Tiger and hang dong on the entire NFL.

    i saw this and LMAO!

    very creative royce.

  • McCown was playing to win. If he's healthy I think he starts Sunday. Good to see that kind of effort again.

    @mike-h said:

    McCown was playing to win. If he's healthy I think he starts Sunday. Good to see that kind of effort again.

    No doubt....

    If McCown had slid in at the one, everyone....and I mean EVERYONE.....would be bitching and whining about how he didnt try to score and gave up on the play and what a pussy he is, etc etc etc....whine whine whine....wahhhhh!

    I like his effort and how the team moves when he's in there......hope he's back sooooooooooon!

  • If hes healthy he starts, unless they happy in spending 5 Million on 1 drive.

  • McCown > Hoyer.

  • @tour2ma said:

    McCown was not playing to get hurt... just playing.Admire the effort, but question the judgement shown for first drive of the season. A vet should know better.He will start Week 2, if medically cleared.

    That's exactly correct. That's how you want your guy to play. I don't think anyone expect to get hurt and I think after all these years in the league this is the first season in which that would be a game ending hit.

    As I mentioned before this concussion protocol is going to make it extremely easy to take out any player. Even an incidental helmet to helmet is going to require that he be kept out for the rest of the game no matter who it is. And we see those hips happened all the time.

    That means you can take any player out of the game and it costs you 15 yards.

    This guy really does play like a brown. I'd love to see him have one more big season.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    you can take any player out of the game and it costs you 15 yards.

    WSS

    ^^ this.

    with the attention Will Smith's new movie brings and the new protocols, i predict a shitstorm. especially with James Harrison is a Steeler again --> a place where that city will crown him for such actions regardless of unsportsmanlike conduct. Pats fans dislike being called cheaters, puke fans actually draw pride from such accusations. shame slides off those fans like rain-x.

    imagine losing a QB like Brady for even a few plays of a final drive of a closely contested playoff game. mark my words, it's gonna happen.

  • McCown > Hoyer.

    @osiris said:

    McCown > Hoyer.

    You are out of your mind pal. McCown is much better he just got hurt. Brian was never all that aggressive he was average on his best outings while the defense and the running game carried the team to victory.

    WSS

  • @osiris said:

    McCown > Hoyer.

    You are out of your mind pal. McCown is much better he just got hurt. Brian was never all that aggressive he was average on his best outings while the defense and the running game carried the team to victory.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    You are out of your mind pal. McCown is much better he just got hurt. Brian was never all that aggressive he was average on his best outings while the defense and the running game carried the team to victory.

    WSS

    I know it is early in the AM, but ... > is greater than. The dude agrees.

    Zombo

    --The dude abides

  • i saw that but let it go.

    it must be all that fresh clean air coming off sandusky bay that has steve all confused.

  • Or all that MJ smoke coming off the islands...

  • ?

    Its not that early in the AM but I am wondering what the problem with the post might have been?

    Maybe I'm missing something...

    WSS

  • greater than > less than.

  • You posted as if you disagreed even though you were actually in accord with him. Therefore most assumed you interpreted the "greater than" sign to mean "less than."

  • Ahhhhh the mathematical symbol. I had no clue or at least not enough of one to make sense. 😮 I assumed McCown>Hoyer meabt McCown was equal to...

    WSS

  • Ahhhhh the mathematical symbol. I had no clue or at least not enough of one to make sense. 😮 I assumed McCown>Hoyer meabt McCown was equal to...

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Ahhhhh the mathematical symbol. I had no clue or at least not enough of one to make sense. 😮 I assumed McCown>Hoyer meabt McCown was equal to...

    WSS

    I hear you are working up at the Bay this weekend ... and chance we see you Sunday for the tailgate?

    Zombo

  • Probably not. I just found out yesterday from the Gipper that it was this week.

    Sunday mornings usually have a pretty long line at the ferry boat.

    I am bummed out about that.

    WSS

  • Probably not. I just found out yesterday from the Gipper that it was this week.

    Sunday mornings usually have a pretty long line at the ferry boat.

    I am bummed out about that.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Probably not. I just found out yesterday from the Gipper that it was this week.

    Sunday mornings usually have a pretty long line at the ferry boat.

    I am bummed out about that.

    WSS

    Damn.

    Who's gonna kiss me, then?

    Z

  • @mike-h said:

    McCown was playing to win. If he's healthy I think he starts Sunday. Good to see that kind of effort again.

    No doubt....

    If McCown had slid in at the one, everyone....and I mean EVERYONE.....would be bitching and whining about how he didnt try to score and gave up on the play and what a pussy he is, etc etc etc....whine whine whine....wahhhhh!

    I like his effort and how the team moves when he's in there......hope he's back sooooooooooon!

    @mudfly said:

    If McCown had slid in at the one, everyone....and I mean EVERYONE.....would be bitching and whining about how he didnt try to score and gave up on the play and what a pussy he is, etc etc etc....whine whine whine....wahhhhh!

    Good point...

    @westside-steve said:

    Its not that early in the AM but I am wondering what the problem with the post might have been?

    Blaming the post?