Marcus Mariota is Terrible
-
tim couch is now putting his money behind conner cook i bet.
right couch?
then when he blows he'll just pull his neck and hands back from the ground and disappear like a fart in the wind.
brandon weeden? red headed gun-slinger? LOL.
-
Let's all admit, if Mariotta had played his first game for the browns like he did with the Titans, everyone would have woke up with with dreams last night.
-
tim couch is now putting his money behind conner cook i bet.
right couch?
then when he blows he'll just pull his neck and hands back from the ground and disappear like a fart in the wind.
brandon weeden? red headed gun-slinger? LOL.
tim couch is now putting his money behind conner cook i bet.
right couch?
then when he blows he'll just pull his neck and hands back from the ground and disappear like a fart in the wind.
brandon weeden? red headed gun-slinger? LOL.
I never put my money behind Weeden. And I won't put anything behind Cook until I see what he does this year.
But I did put my money behind Mariota, and he looked awfully damn good yesterday. As I said before, just because he ran in Oregon doesn't mean he can't throw in the NFL.
-
Well, regardless he don't play for the Browns so it doesn't mean anything.
-
You need to see more? Let me tell you how it will go, standing in the pocket for about .3 seconds cause he can't see over the line, a bunch of fumbles cause he thinks holding the ball with one hand is good enough, toss in a few interceptions and that's a world class performence for ole Johnny Cocaine
You're an idiot. He was about the only bright spot today.
You're an idiot. He was about the only bright spot today.
What bright spot? He threw about one good ball the whole day, thats exactly how he plays, won't stand in the pocket
-
I liked Mariota, and he showed yesterday why...
Maybe next year we'll sack up and draft a real QB...
Either way, McCown looked good before he tried to Superman it into the endzone. It's a whole different game if he doesn't get hurt IMHO...
-
You're an idiot. He was about the only bright spot today.
What bright spot? He threw about one good ball the whole day, thats exactly how he plays, won't stand in the pocket
What bright spot? He threw about one good ball the whole day, thats exactly how he plays, won't stand in the pocket
This is wrong. He made plenty of good throws, and a couple bad ones: INT & High throw to Hawkins while rolling left.
-
He clearly wouldn't have helped the Browns.
Clearly. You guys are geniuses.
He clearly wouldn't have helped the Browns.
Clearly. You guys are geniuses.
Clearly, Mariota had enough questions that the Browns didn't think two firsts, a second and Joe Haden were worth the risk to move up either.
The point is less that we could have gotten him and more that an overwhelming majority here believed him to be a gimmicky QB who wouldn't translate to the NFL.
The reason for this shitty "evaluation" was based more on what RG3 couldn't do rather than what Mariota could.
So, all in all, the point is that most people here are shit evaluators.
So if you redo past drafts most NFL teams are shit evaluators- especially the Browns. 2011 case in point. They not only passed on Julio Jones- they also blew it on JJ Watt for good measure. Traded down to take super stud Phil Taylor instead. Clay Matthews Jr, Brian Urlacher, man I could go on and on. But I'm not about to rehash another litany of Browns blown first round picks.
For the record- I was hesitant on Mariota too. But I sure as hell didn't want Weeden or Manziel- so put me one step ahead of the Brown's scouting department in that regard.
-
He clearly wouldn't have helped the Browns.
Clearly. You guys are geniuses.
Clearly, Mariota had enough questions that the Browns didn't think two firsts, a second and Joe Haden were worth the risk to move up either.
The point is less that we could have gotten him and more that an overwhelming majority here believed him to be a gimmicky QB who wouldn't translate to the NFL.
The reason for this shitty "evaluation" was based more on what RG3 couldn't do rather than what Mariota could.
So, all in all, the point is that most people here are shit evaluators.
So if you redo past drafts most NFL teams are shit evaluators- especially the Browns. 2011 case in point. They not only passed on Julio Jones- they also blew it on JJ Watt for good measure. Traded down to take super stud Phil Taylor instead. Clay Matthews Jr, Brian Urlacher, man I could go on and on. But I'm not about to rehash another litany of Browns blown first round picks.
For the record- I was hesitant on Mariota too. But I sure as hell didn't want Weeden or Manziel- so put me one step ahead of the Brown's scouting department in that regard.
Clearly, Mariota had enough questions that the Browns didn't think two firsts, a second and Joe Haden were worth the risk to move up either.
So if you redo past drafts most NFL teams are shit evaluators- especially the Browns. 2011 case in point. They not only passed on Julio Jones- they also blew it on JJ Watt for good measure. Traded down to take super stud Phil Taylor instead. Clay Matthews Jr, Brian Urlacher, man I could go on and on. But I'm not about to rehash another litany of Browns blown first round picks.
For the record- I was hesitant on Mariota too. But I sure as hell didn't want Weeden or Manziel- so put me one step ahead of the Brown's scouting department in that regard.
True. But, as I said, this post was more pointed at the people in here who chimed in with "Mariota is a scrub from a gimmick offense" or "can't run around people in the NFL" or "won't be able to throw to wide open receivers on Sundays".
Mariota looked the part yesterday. He was efficient, he made solid reads, and he aired the ball out - exactly as I, and others, predicted that he could do.
As for what we would have had to give up to get him...it likely would have been more than that. But after yesterday's performance, I think I would have gladly given up Shelton, Erving, Orchard and Haden for a QB who could put together a 4 TD - 81.3% - 158.3 day.
Say I'm overreacting all you want, but I did my due diligence with Mariota throughout the draft process and he confirmed the beliefs that I had. He'll be a very good NFL QB.
-
Against a bad team. Lets see his entire season stats before we elevate him to Luck status.
-
What bright spot? He threw about one good ball the whole day, thats exactly how he plays, won't stand in the pocket
This is wrong. He made plenty of good throws, and a couple bad ones: INT & High throw to Hawkins while rolling left.
This is wrong. He made plenty of good throws, and a couple bad ones: INT & High throw to Hawkins while rolling left.
13 for 24? Alright sure he is great, I love missing wide open touchdowns, and overthrowing our 6'5 TE, I especially love left handed throws!!
Besides the fact that you can't deny that he is always taking a bee line out of the pocket, he simply can't see.
-
This is wrong. He made plenty of good throws, and a couple bad ones: INT & High throw to Hawkins while rolling left.
13 for 24? Alright sure he is great, I love missing wide open touchdowns, and overthrowing our 6'5 TE, I especially love left handed throws!!
Besides the fact that you can't deny that he is always taking a bee line out of the pocket, he simply can't see.
13 for 24? Alright sure he is great, I love missing wide open touchdowns, and overthrowing our 6'5 TE, I especially love left handed throws!!
Besides the fact that you can't deny that he is always taking a bee line out of the pocket, he simply can't see.
Just shut the fuck up already.
-
13 for 24? Alright sure he is great, I love missing wide open touchdowns, and overthrowing our 6'5 TE, I especially love left handed throws!!
Besides the fact that you can't deny that he is always taking a bee line out of the pocket, he simply can't see.
Just shut the fuck up already.
Just shut the fuck up already.
Lol do you ever have coherent thoughts? Despite if you think I'm wrong, JFF did all of those things yesterday, you can't deny it.
-
Just shut the fuck up already.
Lol do you ever have coherent thoughts? Despite if you think I'm wrong, JFF did all of those things yesterday, you can't deny it.
Lol do you ever have coherent thoughts? Despite if you think I'm wrong, JFF did all of those things yesterday, you can't deny it.
The left handed throw out of bounds was a smart play.
Please, tell me what you would rather have him do in that situation.
-
This is wrong. He made plenty of good throws, and a couple bad ones: INT & High throw to Hawkins while rolling left.
13 for 24? Alright sure he is great, I love missing wide open touchdowns, and overthrowing our 6'5 TE, I especially love left handed throws!!
Besides the fact that you can't deny that he is always taking a bee line out of the pocket, he simply can't see.
13 for 24? Alright sure he is great, I love missing wide open touchdowns, and overthrowing our 6'5 TE, I especially love left handed throws!!
Besides the fact that you can't deny that he is always taking a bee line out of the pocket, he simply can't see.
He had runs negated by penalties. He had 1st down throws negated by penalties. He had 3 drops. And another bounced off Hawkins' finger tips.
Even many Johnny haters are saying he had a pretty decent game, sans turnovers.
You're on an island.
-
13 for 24? Alright sure he is great, I love missing wide open touchdowns, and overthrowing our 6'5 TE, I especially love left handed throws!!
Besides the fact that you can't deny that he is always taking a bee line out of the pocket, he simply can't see.
He had runs negated by penalties. He had 1st down throws negated by penalties. He had 3 drops. And another bounced off Hawkins' finger tips.
Even many Johnny haters are saying he had a pretty decent game, sans turnovers.
You're on an island.
He had runs negated by penalties. He had 1st down throws negated by penalties. He had 3 drops. And another bounced off Hawkins' finger tips.
Even many Johnny haters are saying he had a pretty decent game, sans turnovers.
You're on an island.
Decent for Johnny, any other starting QB in the NFL this was a horrible game, besides maybe Jameis or whoever is starting for the Jags
-
He had runs negated by penalties. He had 1st down throws negated by penalties. He had 3 drops. And another bounced off Hawkins' finger tips.
Even many Johnny haters are saying he had a pretty decent game, sans turnovers.
You're on an island.
Decent for Johnny, any other starting QB in the NFL this was a horrible game, besides maybe Jameis or whoever is starting for the Jags
Decent for Johnny, any other starting QB in the NFL this was a horrible game, besides maybe Jameis or whoever is starting for the Jags
Ie the people he should be compared to right now....
-
loved johnny yesterday, when he first came in. i think he looked really good for the short time i had the tv on (before i tossed it out the window).
fucking dray whiffing on that first pass killed us and mccown didn't do us any favors diving on the hand grenade that turned into a bouncing betty. momentum and attitude are everything and we loss both with stupid self inflicted wounds. if i was haslam i wouldn't have let pettine and co. get on the plane. nothing like firing or anything, just come back next week when you want to prepare your team to play in this league.
a gimme win lost. try making that up with this schedule.
sorry. not trying to be a soju or anything but....
-
You're not qualified for discussion at a big boy level. So that's the last 20 seconds I waste on you. Good luck to you!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login