Skip to content

Marcus Mariota is Terrible

The Browns Board
89 28 4.7k
  • @columbusking said:

    You need to see more? Let me tell you how it will go, standing in the pocket for about .3 seconds cause he can't see over the line, a bunch of fumbles cause he thinks holding the ball with one hand is good enough, toss in a few interceptions and that's a world class performence for ole Johnny Cocaine

    You're an idiot. He was about the only bright spot today.

    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @walterwhite said:

    You're an idiot. He was about the only bright spot today.

    What bright spot? He threw about one good ball the whole day, thats exactly how he plays, won't stand in the pocket

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I liked Mariota, and he showed yesterday why...

    Maybe next year we'll sack up and draft a real QB...

    Either way, McCown looked good before he tried to Superman it into the endzone. It's a whole different game if he doesn't get hurt IMHO...

  • @walterwhite said:

    You're an idiot. He was about the only bright spot today.

    What bright spot? He threw about one good ball the whole day, thats exactly how he plays, won't stand in the pocket

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by Mike H
    #26

    @columbusking said:

    What bright spot? He threw about one good ball the whole day, thats exactly how he plays, won't stand in the pocket

    This is wrong. He made plenty of good throws, and a couple bad ones: INT & High throw to Hawkins while rolling left.

  • He clearly wouldn't have helped the Browns.

    Clearly. You guys are geniuses.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #27

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He clearly wouldn't have helped the Browns.

    Clearly. You guys are geniuses.

    Clearly, Mariota had enough questions that the Browns didn't think two firsts, a second and Joe Haden were worth the risk to move up either.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The point is less that we could have gotten him and more that an overwhelming majority here believed him to be a gimmicky QB who wouldn't translate to the NFL.

    The reason for this shitty "evaluation" was based more on what RG3 couldn't do rather than what Mariota could.

    So, all in all, the point is that most people here are shit evaluators.

    So if you redo past drafts most NFL teams are shit evaluators- especially the Browns. 2011 case in point. They not only passed on Julio Jones- they also blew it on JJ Watt for good measure. Traded down to take super stud Phil Taylor instead. Clay Matthews Jr, Brian Urlacher, man I could go on and on. But I'm not about to rehash another litany of Browns blown first round picks.

    For the record- I was hesitant on Mariota too. But I sure as hell didn't want Weeden or Manziel- so put me one step ahead of the Brown's scouting department in that regard.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He clearly wouldn't have helped the Browns.

    Clearly. You guys are geniuses.

    Clearly, Mariota had enough questions that the Browns didn't think two firsts, a second and Joe Haden were worth the risk to move up either.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The point is less that we could have gotten him and more that an overwhelming majority here believed him to be a gimmicky QB who wouldn't translate to the NFL.

    The reason for this shitty "evaluation" was based more on what RG3 couldn't do rather than what Mariota could.

    So, all in all, the point is that most people here are shit evaluators.

    So if you redo past drafts most NFL teams are shit evaluators- especially the Browns. 2011 case in point. They not only passed on Julio Jones- they also blew it on JJ Watt for good measure. Traded down to take super stud Phil Taylor instead. Clay Matthews Jr, Brian Urlacher, man I could go on and on. But I'm not about to rehash another litany of Browns blown first round picks.

    For the record- I was hesitant on Mariota too. But I sure as hell didn't want Weeden or Manziel- so put me one step ahead of the Brown's scouting department in that regard.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @hoorta said:

    Clearly, Mariota had enough questions that the Browns didn't think two firsts, a second and Joe Haden were worth the risk to move up either.

    So if you redo past drafts most NFL teams are shit evaluators- especially the Browns. 2011 case in point. They not only passed on Julio Jones- they also blew it on JJ Watt for good measure. Traded down to take super stud Phil Taylor instead. Clay Matthews Jr, Brian Urlacher, man I could go on and on. But I'm not about to rehash another litany of Browns blown first round picks.

    For the record- I was hesitant on Mariota too. But I sure as hell didn't want Weeden or Manziel- so put me one step ahead of the Brown's scouting department in that regard.

    True. But, as I said, this post was more pointed at the people in here who chimed in with "Mariota is a scrub from a gimmick offense" or "can't run around people in the NFL" or "won't be able to throw to wide open receivers on Sundays".

    Mariota looked the part yesterday. He was efficient, he made solid reads, and he aired the ball out - exactly as I, and others, predicted that he could do.

    As for what we would have had to give up to get him...it likely would have been more than that. But after yesterday's performance, I think I would have gladly given up Shelton, Erving, Orchard and Haden for a QB who could put together a 4 TD - 81.3% - 158.3 day.

    Say I'm overreacting all you want, but I did my due diligence with Mariota throughout the draft process and he confirmed the beliefs that I had. He'll be a very good NFL QB.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Against a bad team. Lets see his entire season stats before we elevate him to Luck status.

  • @columbusking said:

    What bright spot? He threw about one good ball the whole day, thats exactly how he plays, won't stand in the pocket

    This is wrong. He made plenty of good throws, and a couple bad ones: INT & High throw to Hawkins while rolling left.

    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @mike-h said:

    This is wrong. He made plenty of good throws, and a couple bad ones: INT & High throw to Hawkins while rolling left.

    13 for 24? Alright sure he is great, I love missing wide open touchdowns, and overthrowing our 6'5 TE, I especially love left handed throws!!

    Besides the fact that you can't deny that he is always taking a bee line out of the pocket, he simply can't see.

  • @mike-h said:

    This is wrong. He made plenty of good throws, and a couple bad ones: INT & High throw to Hawkins while rolling left.

    13 for 24? Alright sure he is great, I love missing wide open touchdowns, and overthrowing our 6'5 TE, I especially love left handed throws!!

    Besides the fact that you can't deny that he is always taking a bee line out of the pocket, he simply can't see.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @columbusking said:

    13 for 24? Alright sure he is great, I love missing wide open touchdowns, and overthrowing our 6'5 TE, I especially love left handed throws!!

    Besides the fact that you can't deny that he is always taking a bee line out of the pocket, he simply can't see.

    Just shut the fuck up already.

  • @columbusking said:

    13 for 24? Alright sure he is great, I love missing wide open touchdowns, and overthrowing our 6'5 TE, I especially love left handed throws!!

    Besides the fact that you can't deny that he is always taking a bee line out of the pocket, he simply can't see.

    Just shut the fuck up already.

    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Just shut the fuck up already.

    Lol do you ever have coherent thoughts? Despite if you think I'm wrong, JFF did all of those things yesterday, you can't deny it.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Just shut the fuck up already.

    Lol do you ever have coherent thoughts? Despite if you think I'm wrong, JFF did all of those things yesterday, you can't deny it.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @columbusking said:

    Lol do you ever have coherent thoughts? Despite if you think I'm wrong, JFF did all of those things yesterday, you can't deny it.

    The left handed throw out of bounds was a smart play.

    Please, tell me what you would rather have him do in that situation.

  • @mike-h said:

    This is wrong. He made plenty of good throws, and a couple bad ones: INT & High throw to Hawkins while rolling left.

    13 for 24? Alright sure he is great, I love missing wide open touchdowns, and overthrowing our 6'5 TE, I especially love left handed throws!!

    Besides the fact that you can't deny that he is always taking a bee line out of the pocket, he simply can't see.

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by Mike H
    #34

    @columbusking said:

    13 for 24? Alright sure he is great, I love missing wide open touchdowns, and overthrowing our 6'5 TE, I especially love left handed throws!!

    Besides the fact that you can't deny that he is always taking a bee line out of the pocket, he simply can't see.

    He had runs negated by penalties. He had 1st down throws negated by penalties. He had 3 drops. And another bounced off Hawkins' finger tips.

    Even many Johnny haters are saying he had a pretty decent game, sans turnovers.

    You're on an island.

  • @columbusking said:

    13 for 24? Alright sure he is great, I love missing wide open touchdowns, and overthrowing our 6'5 TE, I especially love left handed throws!!

    Besides the fact that you can't deny that he is always taking a bee line out of the pocket, he simply can't see.

    He had runs negated by penalties. He had 1st down throws negated by penalties. He had 3 drops. And another bounced off Hawkins' finger tips.

    Even many Johnny haters are saying he had a pretty decent game, sans turnovers.

    You're on an island.

    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @mike-h said:

    He had runs negated by penalties. He had 1st down throws negated by penalties. He had 3 drops. And another bounced off Hawkins' finger tips.

    Even many Johnny haters are saying he had a pretty decent game, sans turnovers.

    You're on an island.

    Decent for Johnny, any other starting QB in the NFL this was a horrible game, besides maybe Jameis or whoever is starting for the Jags

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by Mike H
    #36

    You're not qualified for discussion at a big boy level. So that's the last 20 seconds I waste on you. Good luck to you!

  • @mike-h said:

    He had runs negated by penalties. He had 1st down throws negated by penalties. He had 3 drops. And another bounced off Hawkins' finger tips.

    Even many Johnny haters are saying he had a pretty decent game, sans turnovers.

    You're on an island.

    Decent for Johnny, any other starting QB in the NFL this was a horrible game, besides maybe Jameis or whoever is starting for the Jags

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @columbusking said:

    Decent for Johnny, any other starting QB in the NFL this was a horrible game, besides maybe Jameis or whoever is starting for the Jags

    Ie the people he should be compared to right now....

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #38

    loved johnny yesterday, when he first came in. i think he looked really good for the short time i had the tv on (before i tossed it out the window).

    fucking dray whiffing on that first pass killed us and mccown didn't do us any favors diving on the hand grenade that turned into a bouncing betty. momentum and attitude are everything and we loss both with stupid self inflicted wounds. if i was haslam i wouldn't have let pettine and co. get on the plane. nothing like firing or anything, just come back next week when you want to prepare your team to play in this league.

    a gimme win lost. try making that up with this schedule.

    sorry. not trying to be a soju or anything but....

  • You're not qualified for discussion at a big boy level. So that's the last 20 seconds I waste on you. Good luck to you!

    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @mike-h said:

    You're not qualified for discussion at a big boy level. So that's the last 20 seconds I waste on you. Good luck to you!

    What? I'm saying things that actually happened, you just get your buddies to ask me to shut the fuck up lol

  • @mike-h said:

    You're not qualified for discussion at a big boy level. So that's the last 20 seconds I waste on you. Good luck to you!

    What? I'm saying things that actually happened, you just get your buddies to ask me to shut the fuck up lol

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @columbusking said:

    What? I'm saying things that actually happened, you just get your buddies to ask me to shut the fuck up lol

    Mike H has no friends here. 🥷

    he was the original Retard lol.

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Thought the same thing.

    No one is asking you to shut the fuck up because they're my friend, it's because you're an idiot.

  • Thought the same thing.

    No one is asking you to shut the fuck up because they're my friend, it's because you're an idiot.

    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @mike-h said:

    Thought the same thing.

    No one is asking you to shut the fuck up because they're my friend, it's because you're an idiot.

    Nothing I said was wrong lol, and you give no rebutle, you just say Johnny didn't suck total ass, so that's good enough

  • @hoorta said:

    Clearly, Mariota had enough questions that the Browns didn't think two firsts, a second and Joe Haden were worth the risk to move up either.

    So if you redo past drafts most NFL teams are shit evaluators- especially the Browns. 2011 case in point. They not only passed on Julio Jones- they also blew it on JJ Watt for good measure. Traded down to take super stud Phil Taylor instead. Clay Matthews Jr, Brian Urlacher, man I could go on and on. But I'm not about to rehash another litany of Browns blown first round picks.

    For the record- I was hesitant on Mariota too. But I sure as hell didn't want Weeden or Manziel- so put me one step ahead of the Brown's scouting department in that regard.

    True. But, as I said, this post was more pointed at the people in here who chimed in with "Mariota is a scrub from a gimmick offense" or "can't run around people in the NFL" or "won't be able to throw to wide open receivers on Sundays".

    Mariota looked the part yesterday. He was efficient, he made solid reads, and he aired the ball out - exactly as I, and others, predicted that he could do.

    As for what we would have had to give up to get him...it likely would have been more than that. But after yesterday's performance, I think I would have gladly given up Shelton, Erving, Orchard and Haden for a QB who could put together a 4 TD - 81.3% - 158.3 day.

    Say I'm overreacting all you want, but I did my due diligence with Mariota throughout the draft process and he confirmed the beliefs that I had. He'll be a very good NFL QB.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    True. But, as I said, this post was more pointed at the people in here who chimed in with "Mariota is a scrub from a gimmick offense" or "can't run around people in the NFL" or "won't be able to throw to wide open receivers on Sundays".

    Mariota looked the part yesterday. He was efficient, he made solid reads, and he aired the ball out - exactly as I, and others, predicted that he could do.

    As for what we would have had to give up to get him...it likely would have been more than that. But after yesterday's performance, I think I would have gladly given up Shelton, Erving, Orchard and Haden for a QB who could put together a 4 TD - 81.3% - 158.3 day.

    Say I'm overreacting all you want, but I did my due diligence with Mariota throughout the draft process and he confirmed the beliefs that I had. He'll be a very good NFL QB.

    LOL, as Treebeard said in Lord of the Rings- "don't be hasty". One good game against last year's cellar dweller team does not a career make. Derek Anderson looked like a stud until opposing Defensive coordinators figured out all he had was a fastball, with no change up. Mariota has to prove a ton yet in my book before I'll say he was worth the #2 overall pick. Even RG Knee looked like the real deal until it was proven he was a China Doll. Sam Bradford is in the same boat, years down the road.

    @mike-h said:

    He had runs negated by penalties. He had 1st down throws negated by penalties. He had 3 drops. And another bounced off Hawkins' finger tips.

    Even many Johnny haters are saying he had a pretty decent game, sans turnovers.

    You're on an island.

    I'll say JF looks much improved. Keep up the good work kid.