Skip to content

Marcus Mariota is Terrible

The Browns Board
89 28 4.7k
  • @columbusking said:

    13 for 24? Alright sure he is great, I love missing wide open touchdowns, and overthrowing our 6'5 TE, I especially love left handed throws!!

    Besides the fact that you can't deny that he is always taking a bee line out of the pocket, he simply can't see.

    He had runs negated by penalties. He had 1st down throws negated by penalties. He had 3 drops. And another bounced off Hawkins' finger tips.

    Even many Johnny haters are saying he had a pretty decent game, sans turnovers.

    You're on an island.

    @mike-h said:

    He had runs negated by penalties. He had 1st down throws negated by penalties. He had 3 drops. And another bounced off Hawkins' finger tips.

    Even many Johnny haters are saying he had a pretty decent game, sans turnovers.

    You're on an island.

    Decent for Johnny, any other starting QB in the NFL this was a horrible game, besides maybe Jameis or whoever is starting for the Jags

  • You're not qualified for discussion at a big boy level. So that's the last 20 seconds I waste on you. Good luck to you!

  • @mike-h said:

    He had runs negated by penalties. He had 1st down throws negated by penalties. He had 3 drops. And another bounced off Hawkins' finger tips.

    Even many Johnny haters are saying he had a pretty decent game, sans turnovers.

    You're on an island.

    Decent for Johnny, any other starting QB in the NFL this was a horrible game, besides maybe Jameis or whoever is starting for the Jags

    @columbusking said:

    Decent for Johnny, any other starting QB in the NFL this was a horrible game, besides maybe Jameis or whoever is starting for the Jags

    Ie the people he should be compared to right now....

  • loved johnny yesterday, when he first came in. i think he looked really good for the short time i had the tv on (before i tossed it out the window).

    fucking dray whiffing on that first pass killed us and mccown didn't do us any favors diving on the hand grenade that turned into a bouncing betty. momentum and attitude are everything and we loss both with stupid self inflicted wounds. if i was haslam i wouldn't have let pettine and co. get on the plane. nothing like firing or anything, just come back next week when you want to prepare your team to play in this league.

    a gimme win lost. try making that up with this schedule.

    sorry. not trying to be a soju or anything but....

  • You're not qualified for discussion at a big boy level. So that's the last 20 seconds I waste on you. Good luck to you!

    @mike-h said:

    You're not qualified for discussion at a big boy level. So that's the last 20 seconds I waste on you. Good luck to you!

    What? I'm saying things that actually happened, you just get your buddies to ask me to shut the fuck up lol

  • @mike-h said:

    You're not qualified for discussion at a big boy level. So that's the last 20 seconds I waste on you. Good luck to you!

    What? I'm saying things that actually happened, you just get your buddies to ask me to shut the fuck up lol

    @columbusking said:

    What? I'm saying things that actually happened, you just get your buddies to ask me to shut the fuck up lol

    Mike H has no friends here. 🥷

    he was the original Retard lol.

  • Thought the same thing.

    No one is asking you to shut the fuck up because they're my friend, it's because you're an idiot.

  • Thought the same thing.

    No one is asking you to shut the fuck up because they're my friend, it's because you're an idiot.

    @mike-h said:

    Thought the same thing.

    No one is asking you to shut the fuck up because they're my friend, it's because you're an idiot.

    Nothing I said was wrong lol, and you give no rebutle, you just say Johnny didn't suck total ass, so that's good enough

  • @hoorta said:

    Clearly, Mariota had enough questions that the Browns didn't think two firsts, a second and Joe Haden were worth the risk to move up either.

    So if you redo past drafts most NFL teams are shit evaluators- especially the Browns. 2011 case in point. They not only passed on Julio Jones- they also blew it on JJ Watt for good measure. Traded down to take super stud Phil Taylor instead. Clay Matthews Jr, Brian Urlacher, man I could go on and on. But I'm not about to rehash another litany of Browns blown first round picks.

    For the record- I was hesitant on Mariota too. But I sure as hell didn't want Weeden or Manziel- so put me one step ahead of the Brown's scouting department in that regard.

    True. But, as I said, this post was more pointed at the people in here who chimed in with "Mariota is a scrub from a gimmick offense" or "can't run around people in the NFL" or "won't be able to throw to wide open receivers on Sundays".

    Mariota looked the part yesterday. He was efficient, he made solid reads, and he aired the ball out - exactly as I, and others, predicted that he could do.

    As for what we would have had to give up to get him...it likely would have been more than that. But after yesterday's performance, I think I would have gladly given up Shelton, Erving, Orchard and Haden for a QB who could put together a 4 TD - 81.3% - 158.3 day.

    Say I'm overreacting all you want, but I did my due diligence with Mariota throughout the draft process and he confirmed the beliefs that I had. He'll be a very good NFL QB.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    True. But, as I said, this post was more pointed at the people in here who chimed in with "Mariota is a scrub from a gimmick offense" or "can't run around people in the NFL" or "won't be able to throw to wide open receivers on Sundays".

    Mariota looked the part yesterday. He was efficient, he made solid reads, and he aired the ball out - exactly as I, and others, predicted that he could do.

    As for what we would have had to give up to get him...it likely would have been more than that. But after yesterday's performance, I think I would have gladly given up Shelton, Erving, Orchard and Haden for a QB who could put together a 4 TD - 81.3% - 158.3 day.

    Say I'm overreacting all you want, but I did my due diligence with Mariota throughout the draft process and he confirmed the beliefs that I had. He'll be a very good NFL QB.

    LOL, as Treebeard said in Lord of the Rings- "don't be hasty". One good game against last year's cellar dweller team does not a career make. Derek Anderson looked like a stud until opposing Defensive coordinators figured out all he had was a fastball, with no change up. Mariota has to prove a ton yet in my book before I'll say he was worth the #2 overall pick. Even RG Knee looked like the real deal until it was proven he was a China Doll. Sam Bradford is in the same boat, years down the road.

    @mike-h said:

    He had runs negated by penalties. He had 1st down throws negated by penalties. He had 3 drops. And another bounced off Hawkins' finger tips.

    Even many Johnny haters are saying he had a pretty decent game, sans turnovers.

    You're on an island.

    I'll say JF looks much improved. Keep up the good work kid.

  • Look forward to eating his lunch Sunday.

  • he needs to eat. so does duke.

  • @miktoxic said:

    tim couch is now putting his money behind conner cook i bet.

    right couch?

    then when he blows he'll just pull his neck and hands back from the ground and disappear like a fart in the wind.

    brandon weeden? red headed gun-slinger? LOL.

    I never put my money behind Weeden. And I won't put anything behind Cook until I see what he does this year.

    But I did put my money behind Mariota, and he looked awfully damn good yesterday. As I said before, just because he ran in Oregon doesn't mean he can't throw in the NFL.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I never put my money behind Weeden. And I won't put anything behind Cook until I see what he does this year.

    But I did put my money behind Mariota, and he looked awfully damn good yesterday. As I said before, just because he ran in Oregon doesn't mean he can't throw in the NFL.

    Mariota? You have been hyping Winston for the past 2 years...

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I never put my money behind Weeden. And I won't put anything behind Cook until I see what he does this year.

    But I did put my money behind Mariota, and he looked awfully damn good yesterday. As I said before, just because he ran in Oregon doesn't mean he can't throw in the NFL.

    Mariota? You have been hyping Winston for the past 2 years...

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Mariota? You have been hyping Winston for the past 2 years...

    not really.

    couch touted bortles if anyone. gotta give him credit on the mariota thing. hell who wouldn't want that kid now that he looks great in game action?

    shows you how much jon gruden knows.

  • @mike-h said:

    Thought the same thing.

    No one is asking you to shut the fuck up because they're my friend, it's because you're an idiot.

    Nothing I said was wrong lol, and you give no rebutle, you just say Johnny didn't suck total ass, so that's good enough

    @columbusking said:

    Nothing I said was wrong lol, and you give no rebutle, you just say Johnny didn't suck total ass, so that's good enough

    I gave a rebuttal, because I watched the game and charted Manziel. Looked better than Bridgewater does right now
  • @columbusking said:

    Nothing I said was wrong lol, and you give no rebutle, you just say Johnny didn't suck total ass, so that's good enough

    I gave a rebuttal, because I watched the game and charted Manziel. Looked better than Bridgewater does right now

    @mike-h said:

    I gave a rebuttal, because I watched the game and charted Manziel. Looked better than Bridgewater does right now

    McCown looked better then all 3

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I never put my money behind Weeden. And I won't put anything behind Cook until I see what he does this year.

    But I did put my money behind Mariota, and he looked awfully damn good yesterday. As I said before, just because he ran in Oregon doesn't mean he can't throw in the NFL.

    Mariota? You have been hyping Winston for the past 2 years...

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Mariota? You have been hyping Winston for the past 2 years...

    I've been "hyping" both, I guess you could say.

    I've been vocal about Winston's off field transgressions being less than what people made them out to be, and how he is almost the perfect prospect.

    I've been vocal about how Mariota could have a very similar skill set to Aaron Rodgers, despite some people claiming he's a gimmick.

    I'll admit I was higher on Winston than Mariota at first. I was even anti Mariota. But when I actually did my own research and stopped listening to what ESPN told me, I saw more to be excited about and less to be worried about.

  • @columbusking said:

    What? I'm saying things that actually happened, you just get your buddies to ask me to shut the fuck up lol

    Mike H has no friends here. 🥷

    he was the original Retard lol.

    Yes, you got on board early.

    Despite our JFF experience, the whole "play call" thing has always seemed overblown to me, but the ease with which MM has added under-center, QB play to his pistol/shotgun repertoire has surprised me.

    @miktoxic said:

    Mike H has no friends here. 🥷

    Beat me to it...

    @mike-h said:

    I gave a rebuttal, because I watched the game and charted Manziel. Looked better than Bridgewater does right now

    Could always just scan and post your chart... Bridgewater's too for comparison. Big time savers...

    JM's performance was a very mixed bag to my eye. Early he had successes like a very early hot read and spotting Benji breaking open.

    Missing Hawkins was not a product of a ball thrown too high... it was thrown too wide by a QB whose strengths are supposed to include throwing on the run... even to the left.

    Then it seemed as if the Jets went to their Defending JM chapter and the good waned.

    The INT throw was straight out of 2014... late and to the inside. Not sure, but I think it was a blind throw to an estimated spot.

    One of the two fumbles were even more concerning. He set up the one where he bailed to his right and stopped. in doing so he created a total blind side in which he simply stood too long, setting up the strip-sack.

    The other fumble was simply a matter of a stronger defender punching the ball from the grip of a weaker player. It was a good, opportunistic defensive play.

  • I'd like to think after that steaming turd we laid week one that after watching film and being at home the defense will disrupt Mariota. Just hope the offense can sustain drives and keep the defense off the field.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    If you think little Johnny was a bright spot you deserve to watch an entire season with him as the starting QB and amassing more negative stats than any QB in history.

    He was you fucking nimrod

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    If you think little Johnny was a bright spot you deserve to watch an entire season with him as the starting QB and amassing more negative stats than any QB in history.

    He was you fucking nimrod

    @walterwhite said:

    He was you fucking nimrod

    Outside of a deep strike...? No, not really.