Skip to content

Marcus Mariota is Terrible

The Browns Board
89 28 4.7k
  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #1

    He clearly wouldn't have helped the Browns.

    Clearly. You guys are geniuses.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I don't pretend to know what this post means, but last I looked the Titans took Marcus with the 2nd pick of the draft, which they and they alone possessed. Are you saying that the Browns should have offered an RG3 / Ricky Williams like bounty to jump up to #2 to take the QB?

    Not sure what Marcus has to do with the Browns.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #3

    Dumbass.

    Titans were not willing to listen to trade offers.

    He was not available - it doesn't matter what the Browns would have offered.

    If you think otherwise, you're wrong. Deal with it.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I would have loved to get Mariota, But like they said, it was impossible.

  • He clearly wouldn't have helped the Browns.

    Clearly. You guys are geniuses.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He clearly wouldn't have helped the Browns.

    Clearly. You guys are geniuses.

    One guy dude, let it go. You're starting to sound like a lot of the other posters around here.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    If he plays like that all year I will sack up and admit I was wrong. We should have tried to trade the farm so to speak. There should be plenty in line with me if he continues to play at the level he showed today.

  • If he plays like that all year I will sack up and admit I was wrong. We should have tried to trade the farm so to speak. There should be plenty in line with me if he continues to play at the level he showed today.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @jcam222 said:

    If he plays like that all year I will sack up and admit I was wrong. We should have tried to trade the farm so to speak. There should be plenty in line with me if he continues to play at the level he showed today.

    In the all important dress rehearsal game #3, didn't we score 17 against the Bucs one half?

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I think the point is: if you're Tampa right now you have to be wondering. They're booing Winston who looks like he needs time to develop. I thought Mariota would be the project and Winston the more NFL ready. Wrong!

    No matter: both these guys will be fine.

    As for us: Manziel will need to play before I say anything. I need to see more.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Wow, Mariota hung 42 puts on the Bucs.

    Aren't they the defending Super Bowl champs?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I remember hearing the same about RG3 from Skins fans.

    It's pretty dumb to create a thread like this based on one game.

  • I think the point is: if you're Tampa right now you have to be wondering. They're booing Winston who looks like he needs time to develop. I thought Mariota would be the project and Winston the more NFL ready. Wrong!

    No matter: both these guys will be fine.

    As for us: Manziel will need to play before I say anything. I need to see more.

    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @opal312 said:

    Manziel will need to play before I say anything. I need to see more.

    You need to see more? Let me tell you how it will go, standing in the pocket for about .3 seconds cause he can't see over the line, a bunch of fumbles cause he thinks holding the ball with one hand is good enough, toss in a few interceptions and that's a world class performence for ole Johnny Cocaine

  • He clearly wouldn't have helped the Browns.

    Clearly. You guys are geniuses.

    B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He clearly wouldn't have helped the Browns.

    Clearly. You guys are geniuses.

    Tampa blows. We'll see how he does against our shitty defense next week.

  • @opal312 said:

    Manziel will need to play before I say anything. I need to see more.

    You need to see more? Let me tell you how it will go, standing in the pocket for about .3 seconds cause he can't see over the line, a bunch of fumbles cause he thinks holding the ball with one hand is good enough, toss in a few interceptions and that's a world class performence for ole Johnny Cocaine

    WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @columbusking said:

    You need to see more? Let me tell you how it will go, standing in the pocket for about .3 seconds cause he can't see over the line, a bunch of fumbles cause he thinks holding the ball with one hand is good enough, toss in a few interceptions and that's a world class performence for ole Johnny Cocaine

    You're an idiot. He was about the only bright spot today.

  • I don't pretend to know what this post means, but last I looked the Titans took Marcus with the 2nd pick of the draft, which they and they alone possessed. Are you saying that the Browns should have offered an RG3 / Ricky Williams like bounty to jump up to #2 to take the QB?

    Not sure what Marcus has to do with the Browns.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @d-bone said:

    I don't pretend to know what this post means, but last I looked the Titans took Marcus with the 2nd pick of the draft, which they and they alone possessed. Are you saying that the Browns should have offered an RG3 / Ricky Williams like bounty to jump up to #2 to take the QB?

    Not sure what Marcus has to do with the Browns.

    The point is less that we could have gotten him and more that an overwhelming majority here believed him to be a gimmicky QB who wouldn't translate to the NFL.

    The reason for this shitty "evaluation" was based more on what RG3 couldn't do rather than what Mariota could.

    So, all in all, the point is that most people here are shit evaluators.

  • @d-bone said:

    I don't pretend to know what this post means, but last I looked the Titans took Marcus with the 2nd pick of the draft, which they and they alone possessed. Are you saying that the Browns should have offered an RG3 / Ricky Williams like bounty to jump up to #2 to take the QB?

    Not sure what Marcus has to do with the Browns.

    The point is less that we could have gotten him and more that an overwhelming majority here believed him to be a gimmicky QB who wouldn't translate to the NFL.

    The reason for this shitty "evaluation" was based more on what RG3 couldn't do rather than what Mariota could.

    So, all in all, the point is that most people here are shit evaluators.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The point is less that we could have gotten him and more that an overwhelming majority here believed him to be a gimmicky QB who wouldn't translate to the NFL.

    The reason for this shitty "evaluation" was based more on what RG3 couldn't do rather than what Mariota could.

    So, all in all, the point is that most people here are shit evaluators.

    Fair enough

  • Wow, Mariota hung 42 puts on the Bucs.

    Aren't they the defending Super Bowl champs?

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @canton-dawg said:

    Wow, Mariota hung 42 puts on the Bucs.

    Aren't they the defending Super Bowl champs?

    Sure did beat us, though.

    And the likes of Rodgers, Stafford, Flacco, Brees, Roethlisberger and Newton weren't able to drop 4 TD's on them last year...they must all be schlubs too.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Before we anoint Marcus as the next Montana, let's all remember the image of RG3 sitting on his butt with both hands in the air holding 1 finger up, on his opening day debut....... Seems like a lifetime ago - ask a Skins fan.

    I like Marcus (I'm a SoCal UCLA Pac 12 guy) and would guess that I have seen him play as much as anyone on this forum, but lets wait for maybe 8 or 9 quarters of ball before we bronze his statue.

  • Before we anoint Marcus as the next Montana, let's all remember the image of RG3 sitting on his butt with both hands in the air holding 1 finger up, on his opening day debut....... Seems like a lifetime ago - ask a Skins fan.

    I like Marcus (I'm a SoCal UCLA Pac 12 guy) and would guess that I have seen him play as much as anyone on this forum, but lets wait for maybe 8 or 9 quarters of ball before we bronze his statue.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @d-bone said:

    , but lets wait for maybe 8 or 9 quarters of ball before we bronze his statue.

    why?......when we can all over react and lose our minds before game 1 is even over????..(not pickin at u D, just using the quote)

    Honestly find it unbelievable how people react instantly when someone has "a" good game or "a" bad game.....

    Should just cancel the season and start the playoffs today since we now know who is great and who sucks....

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    RG3 played a hell of a first year too... And now he is playing safety for the scout team.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #20

    tim couch is now putting his money behind conner cook i bet.

    right couch?

    then when he blows he'll just pull his neck and hands back from the ground and disappear like a fart in the wind.

    brandon weeden? red headed gun-slinger? LOL.