Survey Wednesday
-
I wasn't going to do this....I was going to lay low....but you all have Sisky Fringo to thank for this:
Today's survey. Please give your answers:
1. Name any Browns game in history that you think was a more pathetic performance than the one this past week.
2. Who do you think is the Browns QB to start the 2016 season?
3. Do you think all of the Power5 college football conferences will adopt the policy being adopted by the Big Ten, that is: A. playing a minimum of 9 conference games. B. Mandatory scheduling of one of a team's 3 non-conference games against another P5 opponent. C. No longer permitting teams to schedule non FBS opponents.
If not...who will not adopt this policy and why?
4. Are you planning any fall travel this year? Where?
5. Besides myself as I am #1 in most posts on this forum (CalFox has more posts...but mostly on the politics board) what 5 other participants here add the most relevant information here?
I wasn't going to do this....I was going to lay low....but you all have Sisky Fringo to thank for this:
Today's survey. Please give your answers:
1. Name any Browns game in history that you think was a more pathetic performance than the one this past week.
That's pretty tough considering where we've been for so long, but recently the game vs. Indy last season when we came home from Atlanta at 7-4, hosting the Colts, and watching Hoyer suck beyond belief was a real bummer. Other games that come to mind ; @Cincy in 2007 when DA imploded, and 1972 vs the Dolphins in Miami when they outplayed the undefeated Dolphins, but 5 Phipps interceptions and a blocked punt did them in.
2. Who do you think is the Browns QB to start the 2016 season?
Johnny
3. Do you think all of the Power5 college football conferences will adopt the policy being adopted by the Big Ten, that is: A. playing a minimum of 9 conference games. B. Mandatory scheduling of one of a team's 3 non-conference games against another P5 opponent. C. No longer permitting teams to schedule non FBS opponents.
If not...who will not adopt this policy and why?
No,a policy isn't really a rule. You cannot take away a school's discretion on scheduling IMHO.
4. Are you planning any fall travel this year? Where?
Yes, Virginia, North Carolina, & West Virginia in our RV for some fall color, golf, hiking, & relaxation. Hopefully find a Browns Backer Bar to drown in as well.
5. Besides myself as I am #1 in most posts on this forum (CalFox has more posts...but mostly on the politics board) what 5 other participants here add the most relevant information here?
pass
-
I wasn't going to do this....I was going to lay low....but you all have Sisky Fringo to thank for this:
Today's survey. Please give your answers:
1. Name any Browns game in history that you think was a more pathetic performance than the one this past week.
There have been a lot of bad games. Just about every single opener since 1999.
But the one game I was especially disappointed in was the game in 2007 vs. the Bengals....who were not good. Browns win and make the playoffs. Derek Andersen throws for like 4 ints. They really gave a poor effort that game for a team that had been playing so good.
2. Who do you think is the Browns QB to start the 2016 season?
Possibly not on the roster....but, what the hell: Austin Davis. He will turn into the new Kurt Warner. Duke Johnson will play like Marshall Faulk. Hawkins and Gabriel will become the next Torrie Holt and Isaac Bruce. How about them apples?
3. Do you think all of the Power5 college football conferences will adopt the policy being adopted by the Big Ten, that is: A. playing a minimum of 9 conference games. B. Mandatory scheduling of one of a team's 3 non-conference games against another P5 opponent. C. No longer permitting teams to schedule non FBS opponents.
If not...who will not adopt this policy and why?
Yes....there will be pressure to adopt this policy by all 5 conferences....but yes, the SEC will be the most reluctant to adopt it because they will not want to reduce their sugar intake (you know, cupcakes, creampuffs, cake walks)
4. Are you planning any fall travel this year? Where?
As noted, I will be going to Park City Utah, then to San Antonio Texas and beyond
5. Besides myself as I am #1 in most posts on this forum (CalFox has more posts...but mostly on the politics board) what 5 other participants here add the most relevant information here?
Actually, I will give Ten: Zombo, WSS, Miktoxic, Tour, Hoorta, Ballpeen, Mudfly, Woody, Flugel, Cysco Kid, and DieHard now that he has give up his swastika. There are others as well, so don't be offended if I didn't name you.
I wasn't going to do this....I was going to lay low....but you all have Sisky Fringo to thank for this:
Today's survey. Please give your answers:
1. Name any Browns game in history that you think was a more pathetic performance than the one this past week.
There have been a lot of bad games. Just about every single opener since 1999.
But the one game I was especially disappointed in was the game in 2007 vs. the Bengals....who were not good. Browns win and make the playoffs. Derek Andersen throws for like 4 ints. They really gave a poor effort that game for a team that had been playing so good.
2. Who do you think is the Browns QB to start the 2016 season?
Possibly not on the roster....but, what the hell: Austin Davis. He will turn into the new Kurt Warner. Duke Johnson will play like Marshall Faulk. Hawkins and Gabriel will become the next Torrie Holt and Isaac Bruce. How about them apples?
3. Do you think all of the Power5 college football conferences will adopt the policy being adopted by the Big Ten, that is: A. playing a minimum of 9 conference games. B. Mandatory scheduling of one of a team's 3 non-conference games against another P5 opponent. C. No longer permitting teams to schedule non FBS opponents.
If not...who will not adopt this policy and why?
Yes....there will be pressure to adopt this policy by all 5 conferences....but yes, the SEC will be the most reluctant to adopt it because they will not want to reduce their sugar intake (you know, cupcakes, creampuffs, cake walks)
4. Are you planning any fall travel this year? Where?
As noted, I will be going to Park City Utah, then to San Antonio Texas and beyond
5. Besides myself as I am #1 in most posts on this forum (CalFox has more posts...but mostly on the politics board) what 5 other participants here add the most relevant information here?
Actually, I will give Ten: Zombo, WSS, Miktoxic, Tour, Hoorta, Ballpeen, Mudfly, Woody, Flugel, Cysco Kid, and DieHard now that he has give up his swastika. There are others as well, so don't be offended if I didn't name you.
Woody?? He never even posts here.
-
I wasn't going to do this....I was going to lay low....but you all have Sisky Fringo to thank for this:
Today's survey. Please give your answers:
1. Name any Browns game in history that you think was a more pathetic performance than the one this past week.
There have been a lot of bad games. Just about every single opener since 1999.
But the one game I was especially disappointed in was the game in 2007 vs. the Bengals....who were not good. Browns win and make the playoffs. Derek Andersen throws for like 4 ints. They really gave a poor effort that game for a team that had been playing so good.
2. Who do you think is the Browns QB to start the 2016 season?
Possibly not on the roster....but, what the hell: Austin Davis. He will turn into the new Kurt Warner. Duke Johnson will play like Marshall Faulk. Hawkins and Gabriel will become the next Torrie Holt and Isaac Bruce. How about them apples?
3. Do you think all of the Power5 college football conferences will adopt the policy being adopted by the Big Ten, that is: A. playing a minimum of 9 conference games. B. Mandatory scheduling of one of a team's 3 non-conference games against another P5 opponent. C. No longer permitting teams to schedule non FBS opponents.
If not...who will not adopt this policy and why?
Yes....there will be pressure to adopt this policy by all 5 conferences....but yes, the SEC will be the most reluctant to adopt it because they will not want to reduce their sugar intake (you know, cupcakes, creampuffs, cake walks)
4. Are you planning any fall travel this year? Where?
As noted, I will be going to Park City Utah, then to San Antonio Texas and beyond
5. Besides myself as I am #1 in most posts on this forum (CalFox has more posts...but mostly on the politics board) what 5 other participants here add the most relevant information here?
Actually, I will give Ten: Zombo, WSS, Miktoxic, Tour, Hoorta, Ballpeen, Mudfly, Woody, Flugel, Cysco Kid, and DieHard now that he has give up his swastika. There are others as well, so don't be offended if I didn't name you.
Woody?? He never even posts here.
Woody?? He never even posts here.
Well I don't know....give your own opinions. Do you not have any?
-
Mud
Tour
The English dude (gft?)
Tia
Flugs
-
Posted Today, 12:10 PM
1 I remember many games where the Browns didn't play like they gave a damn.Now, the last three years, they have been. They kick ass, maybe even over-hyped upthe last game. They just weren't ready yet, it may even be another game or two, beforea huge difference takes place.
2 Johnny is getting there, but McCown is already there. I wish we could have seen the results if he hadstayed in the game..
3 I don't know.
4 Yes, to Texas again, more like winter. Maybe stop over in West Munroe, La again where the Robertsons are. We may drive and just see sights along the way, since I'm getting a knee replacement in late Dec. Or fly, haven't decided. I'm less and less wanting to fly.Last time we flew to Texas to see the father-in-law, I noticed after we were there for two days, that I had left the pepper spray in my carry on. I remember some official coming up to me and let me know that they needed to throw out my small, used toothpaste tube away, but it was no problem.I really think he wanted to get an idea about me profile wise...or they never realized the pepper spray was right there. And, I left it with the father-in-law before coming back.Well, we are going camping on the other side of Ohio with friends in three weeks5 Oh, a lot of different guys, some who played the game, which I never did. Flugels and Tour, they know a lot, other guys who played, and some who just know a lot about football otherwise. I don't know "x's" and "o's", I just have observations, and some of em aren't all that off base....eh...hopefully. It would be easier to list trolls who have some sick desire to crap out our board. -
I wasn't going to do this....I was going to lay low....but you all have Sisky Fringo to thank for this:
Today's survey. Please give your answers:
1. Name any Browns game in history that you think was a more pathetic performance than the one this past week.
2. Who do you think is the Browns QB to start the 2016 season?
3. Do you think all of the Power5 college football conferences will adopt the policy being adopted by the Big Ten, that is: A. playing a minimum of 9 conference games. B. Mandatory scheduling of one of a team's 3 non-conference games against another P5 opponent. C. No longer permitting teams to schedule non FBS opponents.
If not...who will not adopt this policy and why?
4. Are you planning any fall travel this year? Where?
5. Besides myself as I am #1 in most posts on this forum (CalFox has more posts...but mostly on the politics board) what 5 other participants here add the most relevant information here?
I wasn't going to do this....I was going to lay low....but you all have Sisky Fringo to thank for this:
Today's survey. Please give your answers:
1. Name any Browns game in history that you think was a more pathetic performance than the one this past week.
Bud Carson's last game. What was it, 46-0 and he walked off the field with his head hung about low as it could go (PS I didn't see the Jets game although it was on local TV)
2. Who do you think is the Browns QB to start the 2016 season?
Not currently on roster.
3. Do you think all of the Power5 college football conferences will adopt the policy being adopted by the Big Ten, that is: A. playing a minimum of 9 conference games. B. Mandatory scheduling of one of a team's 3 non-conference games against another P5 opponent. C. No longer permitting teams to schedule non FBS opponents.
If not...who will not adopt this policy and why?
Who cares?
4. Are you planning any fall travel this year? Where?
Sarasota in February - to see Zombo, LOL
5. Besides myself as I am #1 in most posts on this forum (CalFox has more posts...but mostly on the politics board) what 5 other participants here add the most relevant information here?
Are you suggesting that your and Cal's posts are relevant?
-
Re: 3, Gipper takes noncon schedules very personally.
-
Are you suggesting that your and Cal's posts are relevant? Chic John
*******************************************************
Now just wait a minute, I know dang good and well I've posted
a relevant post or two before. I just don't remember exactly when.......
-
I wasn't going to do this....I was going to lay low....but you all have Sisky Fringo to thank for this:
Today's survey. Please give your answers:
1. Name any Browns game in history that you think was a more pathetic performance than the one this past week.
2. Who do you think is the Browns QB to start the 2016 season?
3. Do you think all of the Power5 college football conferences will adopt the policy being adopted by the Big Ten, that is: A. playing a minimum of 9 conference games. B. Mandatory scheduling of one of a team's 3 non-conference games against another P5 opponent. C. No longer permitting teams to schedule non FBS opponents.
If not...who will not adopt this policy and why?
4. Are you planning any fall travel this year? Where?
5. Besides myself as I am #1 in most posts on this forum (CalFox has more posts...but mostly on the politics board) what 5 other participants here add the most relevant information here?
Mudfly,I wasn't going to do this....I was going to lay low....but you all have Sisky Fringo to thank for this:
Today's survey. Please give your answers:
1. Name any Browns game in history that you think was a more pathetic performance than the one this past week.
I was at a game in 1980 I think and it was In the Seattle Kingdome. The Browns lost 44-0 but their running back was a guy name Curt Warner and I think he broke his leg.
2. Who do you think is the Browns QB to start the 2016 season?
Austin Davis or Cardale Jones
3. Do you think all of the Power5 college football conferences will adopt the policy being adopted by the Big Ten, that is: A. playing a minimum of 9 conference games. B. Mandatory scheduling of one of a team's 3 non-conference games against another P5 opponent. C. No longer permitting teams to schedule non FBS opponents.
If not...who will not adopt this policy and why?
Norte Dame and Baylor will start their own division
4. Are you planning any fall travel this year? Where?
5. Besides myself as I am #1 in most posts on this forum (CalFox has more posts...but mostly on the politics board) what 5 other participants here add the most relevant information here?
-
1. Name any Browns game in history that you think was a more pathetic performance than the one this past week.
Opening game of '99 vs. the Steelers springs to mind. I was prepared for not very good, but not the horror that was 43-0.
2. Who do you think is the Browns QB to start the 2016 season?
Based upon the 2015 Game 1 that I just finished suffering though...Josh McCown...
with a new Padawan at his side...
4. Are you planning any fall travel this year? Where?
Tentative plans for long weekend in San Antonio in October.
5. Besides myself as I am #1 in most posts on this forum (CalFox has more posts...but mostly on the politics board) what 5 other participants here add the most relevant information here?cal's copy/paste barages count???

Gip, your arguments here often drive me crazy... even if I am not involved... but your regular contributions of trivia and surveys and dumpster data dives are mainstays... Thank you for them.
In no particular order:
- Mud does a lot of case building and we agree a lot, I like his stuff...
- TCPO puts together the most cogent arguments here around angles that often do not occur to me...
- In addition to being the funniest person here, Z, has a great command of Browns and league history...
- For purely outrageous, original content, no one touches our mik... (t-shirt paid for in full, bud)...
- Was going to add some honorable mentions, but just kept feeling I'd leave someone out, so I'll simply end with one currently less frequent visitor that I always enjoyed in my early days here... Harry Buffalo.
-
1. Name any Browns game in history that you think was a more pathetic performance than the one this past week.
Opening game of '99 vs. the Steelers springs to mind. I was prepared for not very good, but not the horror that was 43-0.
2. Who do you think is the Browns QB to start the 2016 season?
Based upon the 2015 Game 1 that I just finished suffering though...Josh McCown...
with a new Padawan at his side...
4. Are you planning any fall travel this year? Where?
Tentative plans for long weekend in San Antonio in October.
5. Besides myself as I am #1 in most posts on this forum (CalFox has more posts...but mostly on the politics board) what 5 other participants here add the most relevant information here?cal's copy/paste barages count???

Gip, your arguments here often drive me crazy... even if I am not involved... but your regular contributions of trivia and surveys and dumpster data dives are mainstays... Thank you for them.
In no particular order:
- Mud does a lot of case building and we agree a lot, I like his stuff...
- TCPO puts together the most cogent arguments here around angles that often do not occur to me...
- In addition to being the funniest person here, Z, has a great command of Browns and league history...
- For purely outrageous, original content, no one touches our mik... (t-shirt paid for in full, bud)...
- Was going to add some honorable mentions, but just kept feeling I'd leave someone out, so I'll simply end with one currently less frequent visitor that I always enjoyed in my early days here... Harry Buffalo.
1. Name any Browns game in history that you think was a more pathetic performance than the one this past week.
Opening game of '99 vs. the Steelers springs to mind. I was prepared for not very good, but not the horror that was 43-0.
2. Who do you think is the Browns QB to start the 2016 season?
Based upon the 2015 Game 1 that I just finished suffering though...
Josh McCown...
with a new Padawan at his side...
4. Are you planning any fall travel this year? Where?
Tentative plans for long weekend in San Antonio in October.
5. Besides myself as I am #1 in most posts on this forum (CalFox has more posts...but mostly on the politics board) what 5 other participants here add the most relevant information here?
cal's copy/paste barages count???

Gip, your arguments here often drive me crazy... even if I am not involved.
That is what those of superior intellect do to those of a lower order.

You know how it is in my profession: If the facts are on your side, argue the facts. If the law is on your side, argue the law. If neither is on your side, make it personal....in other words, obfuscate. (but 95% of the time...if I am arguing it is because the facts are on my side. I know how to pick my arguments.
.. but your regular contributions of trivia and surveys and dumpster data dives are mainstays... Thank you for them.
In no particular order:
- Mud does a lot of case building and we agree a lot, I like his stuff...
- TCPO puts together the most cogent arguments here around angles that often do not occur to me...
- In addition to being the funniest person here, Z, has a great command of Browns and league history...
- For purely outrageous, original content, no one touches our mik... (t-shirt paid for in full, bud)...
- Was going to add some honorable mentions, but just kept feeling I'd leave someone out, so I'll simply end with one currently less frequent visitor that I always enjoyed in my early days here... Harry Buffalo.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login