Ohio State/Michigan State 1 and 2 in latest AP ranking
-
-
I think they are, Gip. If you want a bold prediction from me here, Bama runs the table from here on out. 14-1. SEC champs, national champs. I hope we beat them but don't see it happening. When you give up 5 turnovers, 2 of them completely unforced, and give up 2 complete fluke plays and are still within striking distance at the end of the game against an elite team, you're a couple corrections away from being the best team in the country. Remember, Bama has not lost more than one regular season games in the last 4 seasons. Rumors of their demise are exaggerated IMO. It's been two years.
That said, there are rumors of a rift between Kiffin and Saban and that could derail things insofar as their defense would allow any sort of derailment.
Of course, they could lose to Georgia in two weeks and make me look like a fool.
-
I think they are, Gip. If you want a bold prediction from me here, Bama runs the table from here on out. 14-1. SEC champs, national champs. I hope we beat them but don't see it happening. When you give up 5 turnovers, 2 of them completely unforced, and give up 2 complete fluke plays and are still within striking distance at the end of the game against an elite team, you're a couple corrections away from being the best team in the country. Remember, Bama has not lost more than one regular season games in the last 4 seasons. Rumors of their demise are exaggerated IMO. It's been two years.
That said, there are rumors of a rift between Kiffin and Saban and that could derail things insofar as their defense would allow any sort of derailment.
Of course, they could lose to Georgia in two weeks and make me look like a fool.
I think they are, Gip. If you want a bold prediction from me here, Bama runs the table from here on out. 14-1. SEC champs, national champs. I hope we beat them but don't see it happening. When you give up 5 turnovers, 2 of them completely unforced, and give up 2 complete fluke plays and are still within striking distance at the end of the game against an elite team, you're a couple corrections away from being the best team in the country. Remember, Bama has not lost more than one regular season games in the last 4 seasons. Rumors of their demise are exaggerated IMO. It's been two years.
That said, there are rumors of a rift between Kiffin and Saban and that could derail things insofar as their defense would allow any sort of derailment.
Of course, they could lose to Georgia in two weeks and make me look like a fool.
Here is why it is possible that you are right: because the SEC overall seems weaker.
But honestly....it is not Georgia that should worry you but LSU. I think it probable that they are the best team in the SEC and one of the best in the country.
The LSU/Ole Miss game could be the game of the year in that conference.
-
LSU's QB has thrown for like 140 yards through two games. I will be interested if a good defense can sell out to stop Fournette, make Harris throw, and beat them. Also, they lost who is easily a top 5 DC in the offseason (gee, wonder where he went....) and replaced him with a complete scrub who was not even coordinating last season. Not to dismiss them as I definitely think they're a contender. Just think they lose 2.
This weekend we'll see if A&M is in a group with those top 3 or not. The line is scary-low for an opponent that just had two terrible losses.
-
LSU's QB has thrown for like 140 yards through two games. I will be interested if a good defense can sell out to stop Fournette, make Harris throw, and beat them. Also, they lost who is easily a top 5 DC in the offseason (gee, wonder where he went....) and replaced him with a complete scrub who was not even coordinating last season. Not to dismiss them as I definitely think they're a contender. Just think they lose 2.
This weekend we'll see if A&M is in a group with those top 3 or not. The line is scary-low for an opponent that just had two terrible losses.
LSU's QB has thrown for like 140 yards through two games. I will be interested if a good defense can sell out to stop Fournette, make Harris throw, and beat them. Also, they lost who is easily a top 5 DC in the offseason (gee, wonder where he went....) and replaced him with a complete scrub who was not even coordinating last season. Not to dismiss them as I definitely think they're a contender. Just think they lose 2.
This weekend we'll see if A&M is in a group with those top 3 or not. The line is scary-low for an opponent that just had two terrible losses.
Who does LSU play this weekend? Let me guess, does it rhyme with Florida A&M?
And no, I don't know where they DC went to. Let me guess: does it rhyme with Oklahoma A&M?
-
They play @ Syracuse and I am particularly looking forward to watching them go up to NY and curbstomp some Yankees. Not sure why. Also, next week I believe I'll be in Death Valley for their game against Eastern Michigan for my birthday.
We play Arkansas, not LSU, since LSU did not just have two losses, terrible or otherwise.
Yes, we stole LSU's DC in the offseason, and it was (and still is) glorious.
-
They play @ Syracuse and I am particularly looking forward to watching them go up to NY and curbstomp some Yankees. Not sure why. Also, next week I believe I'll be in Death Valley for their game against Eastern Michigan for my birthday.
We play Arkansas, not LSU, since LSU did not just have two losses, terrible or otherwise.
Yes, we stole LSU's DC in the offseason, and it was (and still is) glorious.
They play @ Syracuse and I am particularly looking forward to watching them go up to NY and curbstomp some Yankees. Not sure why.
That is kind of a stupid sentiment because: A. they are not your team so why the fuck should you care who wins and B. The rest of the world considers you a "Yankee"....so it is a self defeating premise.
Also, next week I believe I'll be in Death Valley for their game against Eastern Michigan for my birthday.
They also call Clemson Death Valley...don't they?
We play Arkansas, not LSU, since LSU did not just have two losses, terrible or otherwise.
Yes, Ark. sucks......if your school does not beat them.....then it is shameful......shame, shame, shame!!!
Yes, we stole LSU's DC in the offseason, and it was (and still is) glorious.
How glorious it is remains to be seen until you play them....doesn't it?
Why would the guy make at best a lateral move? Money?
-
Could care less what the rest of the world thinks.
Yes. Haven't been there but I doubt it's on par.
I agree.
LSU offered as much as we did. He either had beef with Les Miles or he got tired of developing elite defenses only to see their efforts squandered by terrible offenses. (Granted, given how our offense has looked, he may be having the same sentiment.)
-
They play @ Syracuse and I am particularly looking forward to watching them go up to NY and curbstomp some Yankees. Not sure why. Also, next week I believe I'll be in Death Valley for their game against Eastern Michigan for my birthday.
We play Arkansas, not LSU, since LSU did not just have two losses, terrible or otherwise.
Yes, we stole LSU's DC in the offseason, and it was (and still is) glorious.
They play @ Syracuse and I am particularly looking forward to watching them go up to NY and curbstomp some Yankees. Not sure why. Also, next week I believe I'll be in Death Valley for their game against Eastern Michigan for my birthday.
We play Arkansas, not LSU, since LSU did not just have two losses, terrible or otherwise.
Yes, we stole LSU's DC in the offseason, and it was (and still is) glorious.
When ANY SEC school goes up north in OCT or NOV ...................OUTDOORS let us all know
When the calendar turns fall, the SEC stays below the mason dixon line
-
This is what conference trash talk has boiled down to? Temperature smack? I've got the sunburn to prove that we take our own lumps in that department. Why add to it by going north once our whether gets nice?
-
Could care less what the rest of the world thinks.
Yes. Haven't been there but I doubt it's on par.
I agree.
LSU offered as much as we did. He either had beef with Les Miles or he got tired of developing elite defenses only to see their efforts squandered by terrible offenses. (Granted, given how our offense has looked, he may be having the same sentiment.)
Could care less what the rest of the world thinks.
Its not what they think...its what you are.....a Yankee.
Yes. Haven't been there but I doubt it's on par.
Clemson and LSU....from my perspective they both seem pretty much on par. LSU, slight advantage, sure. LSU size wise is not bigger....holds 102K. Clemson holds 80K. Not that far off. Both have passionate fans.
But LSU has no other major state school that it competes with (kinda like OSU). Clemson has South Carolina.
I agree.
You almost had a shameful moment. You played them to a tie. tsk, tsk.
(yes....I hate the college OT system....it is THE most bogus thing in sports. As far as I am concerned, better to stay tie than to have an OT in that system. The Pros is much better. Any college game that goes to OT in my view is a tie game)
LSU offered as much as we did. He either had beef with Les Miles or he got tired of developing elite defenses only to see their efforts squandered by terrible offenses. (Granted, given how our offense has looked, he may be having the same sentiment.)
-
I suppose every time you mention football then, we shall take it you're referring to soccer....
102 and 80 is a massive difference. The rowdiness of LSU fans is unmatched. Go watch a video of LSU's band playing "Neck." A nice little song played by bands around the country. Only the entire nasty, Cajun, STD-ridden (no offense, edwardje) student section chants "suck that Tiger d**k, b**ch."
Kyle Field is consistently in the top 10 most intimidating places to play and I can say first hand it doesn't hold a candle to Tiger Stadium.
The college system is more enjoyable to me. However, I think the winning team should just have 1 point added to their total in regulation. Hate to see games that were truly 10-10 type of games that come out 38-35.
-
Oh and yes, we looked like crap Saturday.
-
I suppose every time you mention football then, we shall take it you're referring to soccer....
102 and 80 is a massive difference. The rowdiness of LSU fans is unmatched. Go watch a video of LSU's band playing "Neck." A nice little song played by bands around the country. Only the entire nasty, Cajun, STD-ridden (no offense, edwardje) student section chants "suck that Tiger d**k, b**ch."
Kyle Field is consistently in the top 10 most intimidating places to play and I can say first hand it doesn't hold a candle to Tiger Stadium.
The college system is more enjoyable to me. However, I think the winning team should just have 1 point added to their total in regulation. Hate to see games that were truly 10-10 type of games that come out 38-35.
I suppose every time you mention football then, we shall take it you're referring to soccer....
102 and 80 is a massive difference. The rowdiness of LSU fans is unmatched. Go watch a video of LSU's band playing "Neck." A nice little song played by bands around the country. Only the entire nasty, Cajun, STD-ridden (no offense, edwardje) student section chants "suck that Tiger d**k, b**ch."
Yes, I made a faux pas about the size of the stadiums..
Kyle Field is consistently in the top 10 most intimidating places to play and I can say first hand it doesn't hold a candle to Tiger Stadium.
I think how intimidating a place is depends on how good the team is.....and how good the team they are playing is.
Sure....when LSU brings Samford and Louisiana Monroe in, they may be intimidated. Auburn/Alabama/Georgia aren't intimidated.
The college system is more enjoyable to me. However, I think the winning team should just have 1 point added to their total in regulation. Hate to see games that were truly 10-10 type of games that come out 38-35.
Precisely. The college system sucks because it is not real football.
-
Oh and yes, we looked like crap Saturday.
Well, you better buckle up this week as you play a ranked team no? MSU? Are they still any good or did they revert to the weak sister they have been for most of their existance.
-
Still pretty good, IMO.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login