Skip to content

RGIII to.......

The Browns Board
26 10 954
  • Dallas? I know....like the Steelers trading Bill Nelsen to the Browns ....whoda ever thought it?

    Jerry Jones is just enough of an egotist to spend the money....

  • Wouldn't be surprised if this happened, seems like a JJ move.

    The problem with RG is really that he isn't good and he's fragile. But I don't think JJ cares about any of that.

  • They have to do something as the roster is good enough to make the Playoffs but they wont with Weeden, do nothing and you've given up on the year.

  • everything I hear is that Snyder still wants RGIII ......and it would SHOCK ME, if he traded him to their #1 rival....Dallas......

    Trading within your division is risky risky business....and, I think, they'd both avoid taking that one.......

  • Maybe they'll offer us the farm for Johnny after yesterday 😛

  • I think we have 3 QBs on the roster that are better than Weeden.

    Not now, but if Johnny keeps starting and winning - maybe McCown could become expendable?

    Pretty much all the QBs available by FA are hot garbage, McCown would probably be better than most other choices Dallas has. I think Austin Davis is a quality #2 anyway, but our situation with the #1 is a little murky still.

  • If I'm Jones I'm throwing a bag of balls at Buffalo for Matt Cassel.

  • If I'm Jones I'm throwing a bag of balls at Buffalo for Matt Cassel.

    @gftchris said:

    If I'm Jones I'm throwing a bag of balls at Buffalo for Matt Cassel.

    I thought the Bill released Cassell. I believe he is on the street.

  • Cassel was released and resigned... cheaper...

    That "oh shit" shot of Jerry in the Visiting Owner's suite was priceless...

    Some move has to be in the works...

  • Cassel was released and resigned... cheaper...

    That "oh shit" shot of Jerry in the Visiting Owner's suite was priceless...

    Some move has to be in the works...

    @tour2ma said:

    Cassel was released and resigned... cheaper...

    OK, I seem to remember now.

    That "oh shit" shot of Jerry in the Visiting Owner's suite was priceless...

    Some move has to be in the works...

    Think about this: if Johnny hadn't started and done well for the Browns this week....it could have actually been JMZ that Jerrah would have had his eyes on......still may be....and the Browns may very well have been willing to listen. After his performance yesterday however, I think it would be more difficult for the Browns to move Johnny.

  • Dallas? I know....like the Steelers trading Bill Nelsen to the Browns ....whoda ever thought it?

    Jerry Jones is just enough of an egotist to spend the money....

    @the-gipper said:

    Dallas? I know....like the Steelers trading Bill Nelsen to the Browns ....whoda ever thought it?

    Jerry Jones is just enough of an egotist to spend the money....

    Understanding another QB with Texas roots that actually outplayed RG3 as recently as 2014 could be available at friendlier prices - why not just go that route? Daniel has an ego invested in RG3 so it's going to be interesting to watch how this thing plays out.

    Once Weeden remembers to forget he can get outside of the pocket to throw the ball away if need be - we might even see Vince Young's name pop up in despair. It shouldn't take more than a DC or 2 to figure out Weeden is a trainwreck to exploit. I think the only game Weeden won in 2013 was when he filled in for the injured Brian Hoyer against Buffalo. He wasn't too bad but he got help via a punt return for a TD from Benjamin plus a pick 6 from TJ Ward.

  • There's a guy on the Titans who could be a starter on any team. Zach Mettenberger. The Titans could get value for this guy in a trade. They sure won't be able to keep after next year.

  • Maybe we should trade Bowe to Dallas....you know....to replace Dez.....

  • Maybe we should trade Bowe to Dallas....you know....to replace Dez.....

    @mudfly said:

    Maybe we should trade Bowe to Dallas....you know....to replace Dez.....

    It'll be interesting to see who's ready to play first. I thought I was watching El Cid's dead body dressed in battle armor again when Bowe appeared on my television screen yesterday. That ain't something you want to watch multiple times.

  • There's a guy on the Titans who could be a starter on any team. Zach Mettenberger. The Titans could get value for this guy in a trade. They sure won't be able to keep after next year.

    @opal312 said:

    There's a guy on the Titans who could be a starter on any team. Zach Mettenberger. The Titans could get value for this guy in a trade. They sure won't be able to keep after next year.

    Big arm, sloppy feet, easily rattled, bad decision-maker, slow release.

    I think most Mettenberger descriptors are interchangeable with Weeden descriptors. Although Mett. is probably smart enough to not flip up an underhand duck to the opposing team on first down with time left, in the opponents territory (then again, who isn't?)

    Anyway, "could be a starter on any team" not likely. Maybe on Dallas he could, but only because they have Weeden.

  • There's a guy on the Titans who could be a starter on any team. Zach Mettenberger. The Titans could get value for this guy in a trade. They sure won't be able to keep after next year.

    @opal312 said:

    There's a guy on the Titans who could be a starter on any team. Zach Mettenberger. The Titans could get value for this guy in a trade. They sure won't be able to keep after next year.

    If they continue to protect Mariota like they did yesterday - it may not be that long before the Titans need Mettenberger Opal. Just a couple weeks after trading Andy Levitre to ATL - they lose Chance Warmack to a knee injury (not sure how long he's out).

  • @mudfly said:

    Maybe we should trade Bowe to Dallas....you know....to replace Dez.....

    It'll be interesting to see who's ready to play first. I thought I was watching El Cid's dead body dressed in battle armor again when Bowe appeared on my television screen yesterday. That ain't something you want to watch multiple times.

    @flugel said:

    It'll be interesting to see who's ready to play first. I thought I was watching El Cid's dead body dressed in battle armor again when Bowe appeared on my television screen yesterday. That ain't something you want to watch multiple times.

    lmao... I saw El Cid in one of the big, downtown theaters as a kid. Another of those epic blockbusters that was so long you needed an intermission to avoid phlebitis. A movie you dressed up in your Sunday best to go see.

    About all I remember was...

    *** SPOILER ALERT ***

    ... a big, dead Charlton Heston, dressed as you say and propped up on a horse, scarring away whatever folks attacked his castle interrupting a kiss with Sophia Loren.

    Hadn't seen it since...

    Couple years ago I was excited to see it come on TCM or some such movie channel.

    Even stayed up late to watch it.

    Was fast asleep within 30 minutes... and woke to whatever the next movie was.

  • nah, Levitre sucked last year. He wasn't worth the salary they were paying him.

    Speaking of not worth the salary, Johnson [our FB] won PFF's award for worst fullback in the NFL in week 2. He basically whiffed on every block, and dropped the one pass sent his way.

  • Or they could bring up the guy from the PS JM beat out in a neck and neck race in 2012, Jameill Showers. He transferred to Tx-El Paso after JM won the starting job.

  • Well, I may be wrong about Mettenberger. But sure can't see the RG3 in Dallas. How about Mike Glennon from Tampa? Weeden is still their guy until he starts to suck.