McCown Starts
-
Josh McCown was 1-11 last year. Your argument is invalid and flawed from the get go.
-
These idiots think Just Aclown is the Browns savior.
-
Starting McCown over Manziel is like trying to justify fucking Mary Kay Cabot instead of Kate Upton
-
Horseshit.
Horseshit.
THATS what I say almost everytime you post.....
Josh McCown was 1-11 last year. Your argument is invalid and flawed from the get go.
Walter, you are invalid and flawed....
If we lose, you do deserve it......
-
Starting McCown over Manziel is like trying to justify fucking Mary Kay Cabot instead of Kate Upton
Starting McCown over Manziel is like trying to justify fucking Mary Kay Cabot instead of Kate Upton
At least you can talk some Browns after you cum...
WSS
-
Except those were different teams with different personnel and different coaches. Comparing the 2015 McCown Browns to the 2010 Delhomme Browns is no different than comparing the Houston Texans to the Permian Panthers.
McCown's track record was less than stellar, except that those were all different teams with different personnel and different situations. In the (extremely) limited time McCown had against the Jets, the offense looked just as capable as (if not more than) Manziel's offense.
McCown wasn't brought in here to be a long term option. Those guys were. Those guys were brought in to be THE GUY and to win games and get us to the playoffs. McCown was brought in to win games and get us to the playoffs, sure, but he was more brought in to help mentor THE GUY - unlike Hoyer.
Everyone bitches for consistency, then complain when they get it.
And, if that's the case, what evidence do you have that Johnny doesn't win the next six games?
Overreaction at its finest. Also attributing personnel moves to a HC, rather than the GM, at its finest.
Well, TC- McCown has been in 6 different situations prior to the Browns- (had to look at Pro Football Reference), and been found lacking in all of them. But now yessir- it's all going to be different somehow. Josh wasn't in the right system to succeed- so how many exactly does he need to show his stuff? This isn't my take now- it was from day one when Farmer brought him in. So yeah I'll blame Farmer for some questionable moves, if Pettine is only playing the cards he's bean dealt.
Let's just say we really don't know what Manziel's potential is yet. Am I being a nasty old curmudgeon if I posit I know what McCown's is? Like career backup- that's been proven in spades? Or do you want me to hope Josh can pull a Jim Plunkett or Joe Kapp career revival out of his ass?
McCown sure did look great in the opening drive against the Jets. Big whoop. Brandon Weeden looked like Bret Farve after Romo went down too.
Sorry if it seems like I'm channeling my inner Ghoolie on this one. Expect the worst, hope for the best.
Well, TC- McCown has been in 6 different situations prior to the Browns- (had to look at Pro Football Reference), and been found lacking in all of them. But now yessir- it's all going to be different somehow. Josh wasn't in the right system to succeed- so how many exactly does he need to show his stuff? This isn't my take now- it was from day one when Farmer brought him in. So yeah I'll blame Farmer for some questionable moves, if Pettine is only playing the cards he's bean dealt.
Let's just say we really don't know what Manziel's potential is yet. Am I being a nasty old curmudgeon if I posit I know what McCown's is? Like career backup- that's been proven in spades? Or do you want me to hope Josh can pull a Jim Plunkett or Joe Kapp career revival out of his ass?
McCown sure did look great in the opening drive against the Jets. Big whoop. Brandon Weeden looked like Bret Farve after Romo went down too.
Sorry if it seems like I'm channeling my inner Ghoolie on this one. Expect the worst, hope for the best.
That's all well and good, if you're looking at things on surface level.
Take a look at what he's had to work with up front. The following are the years that he started accompanied with his respective offensive line's pass protection ranking.
2003 - ARI - Off. line rank 24th
2004 - ARI - Off. line rank 17th
2005 - ARI - Off. line rank 14th
2007 - OAK - Off. line rank 27th
2013 - CHI - Off. line rank 5th
2014 - TB - Off. line rank 29th
Is it a coincidence that McCown's best performance came when his offensive line gave him time to throw, and his worst performance came when they didn't?
McCown, excluding one year, has never had an offensive line to protect him. THAT'S why I have faith that his "other six stops" aren't reflective of what he can do.
-
Man, it's hard enough defending my Browns against my smack talking friends that root for other teams, much less having to come here and read a bunch of shit from supposed Browns fans who consistently cry about their beloved boy not being under center.
I don't care who is under center. I don't care who snaps it. I don't care which RB gets the most carries........... I just want to see the Browns win. Period. Yes, I have opinions on which QB should play, what offensive and defensive schemes we should run, but I don't cry and piss all over the board that my 'favorite' Browns player isn't where I think he should be on the depth chart.
So have at it crybabies. I'm sure a few of you are secretly hoping the Browns will lose Sunday so you can be the 1st to post how you were right, and Pettine and the rest of us are all wrong................... Fuck me to tears, and more importantly F U C K Y O U
-
Man, it's hard enough defending my Browns against my smack talking friends that root for other teams, much less having to come here and read a bunch of shit from supposed Browns fans who consistently cry about their beloved boy not being under center.
I don't care who is under center. I don't care who snaps it. I don't care which RB gets the most carries........... I just want to see the Browns win. Period. Yes, I have opinions on which QB should play, what offensive and defensive schemes we should run, but I don't cry and piss all over the board that my 'favorite' Browns player isn't where I think he should be on the depth chart.
So have at it crybabies. I'm sure a few of you are secretly hoping the Browns will lose Sunday so you can be the 1st to post how you were right, and Pettine and the rest of us are all wrong................... Fuck me to tears, and more importantly F U C K Y O U
So have at it crybabies. I'm sure a few of you are secretly hoping the Browns will lose Sunday so you can be the 1st to post how you were right, and Pettine and the rest of us are all wrong................... Fuck me to tears, and more importantly F U C K Y O U
No one wants to lose, nobody does.
It's just a lot easier to lose when the head coach and upper management make poor decisions, throw away draft picks, and the team plays uninspired (see week 1) or how boring we were on offense last week.
It's about giving your team the best chance to win and if you think Josh McCown gives that, then you've already punched your ticket to the maximum security wing of the psych ward
-
-
Seems everybody dislikes JFF. Why not just trade him? Everybody would be happy.
-
@Mr_KevinJones: Joe Thomas: If we win on Sunday the fans will love Josh and if we don't, they'll love Johnny http://t.co/Z6yVd6E0EN
-
Hoorta, but there was in fact one where he was NOT proved to be lacking, and that's what we're basing this experiment on, and that's fine with me.
FTR, the guy that runs Texags.com which is a massive A&M site (obviously) is good friends with Johnny. I posted what he said about the McCown pickup (thought it was a great move) back when it happened. Knowing how close he is to Johnny, I said that it was basically the official (and accurate) statement from Johnny about the McCown pickup.
Well he tweeted Sunday complaining about how Pettine downplayed Johnny's performance in the presser (lots of overly sensitive Aggies were complaining about this). In it he mentioned that Pettine doesn't like and didn't want Johnny. I really hope it's not true. I see evidence to both sides. Maybe it was just tweeted in the heat of the moment and isn't accurate. But it's pretty close to the situation.
deWell he tweeted Sunday complaining about how Pettine downplayed Johnny's performance in the presser (lots of overly sensitive Aggies were complaining about this). In it he mentioned that Pettine doesn't like and didn't want Johnny. I really hope it's not true. I see evidence to both sides. Maybe it was just tweeted in the heat of the moment and isn't accurate. But it's pretty close to the situation.
Yup... worst of both worlds...
Old news... Ask the Ag tweeter if he were a defensive-minded coach would he want a free-lancing phenom as your QB? Should get a sense of his honesty and football acumen in one reply...
Due to O line fuck ups mainly.
Ummmm... not that it matters, but that's not even close to true.
At least you can talk some Browns after you cum...
LMAO.. you, sir, are on a roll...
No one wants to lose, nobody does.
It's just a lot easier to lose when the head coach and upper management make poor decisions, throw away draft picks, and the team plays uninspired (see week 1) or how boring we were on offense last week.
It's about giving your team the best chance to win and if you think Josh McCown gives that, then you've already punched your ticket to the maximum security wing of the psych ward
Also easier??? Casting aspersions rather than constructing an argument...
-
Well, TC- McCown has been in 6 different situations prior to the Browns- (had to look at Pro Football Reference), and been found lacking in all of them. But now yessir- it's all going to be different somehow. Josh wasn't in the right system to succeed- so how many exactly does he need to show his stuff? This isn't my take now- it was from day one when Farmer brought him in. So yeah I'll blame Farmer for some questionable moves, if Pettine is only playing the cards he's bean dealt.
Let's just say we really don't know what Manziel's potential is yet. Am I being a nasty old curmudgeon if I posit I know what McCown's is? Like career backup- that's been proven in spades? Or do you want me to hope Josh can pull a Jim Plunkett or Joe Kapp career revival out of his ass?
McCown sure did look great in the opening drive against the Jets. Big whoop. Brandon Weeden looked like Bret Farve after Romo went down too.
Sorry if it seems like I'm channeling my inner Ghoolie on this one. Expect the worst, hope for the best.
That's all well and good, if you're looking at things on surface level.
Take a look at what he's had to work with up front. The following are the years that he started accompanied with his respective offensive line's pass protection ranking.
2003 - ARI - Off. line rank 24th
2004 - ARI - Off. line rank 17th
2005 - ARI - Off. line rank 14th
2007 - OAK - Off. line rank 27th
2013 - CHI - Off. line rank 5th
2014 - TB - Off. line rank 29th
Is it a coincidence that McCown's best performance came when his offensive line gave him time to throw, and his worst performance came when they didn't?
McCown, excluding one year, has never had an offensive line to protect him. THAT'S why I have faith that his "other six stops" aren't reflective of what he can do.
That's all well and good, if you're looking at things on surface level.
Take a look at what he's had to work with up front. The following are the years that he started accompanied with his respective offensive line's pass protection ranking.
2003 - ARI - Off. line rank 24th
2004 - ARI - Off. line rank 17th
2005 - ARI - Off. line rank 14th
2007 - OAK - Off. line rank 27th
2013 - CHI - Off. line rank 5th
2014 - TB - Off. line rank 29th
Is it a coincidence that McCown's best performance came when his offensive line gave him time to throw, and his worst performance came when they didn't?
McCown, excluding one year, has never had an offensive line to protect him. THAT'S why I have faith that his "other six stops" aren't reflective of what he can do.
It's no coincidence virtually any NFL quarterback can look good- if given all day to throw. Oh- and given guys like Matt Forte, Martellus Bennett, Brandon Marshall, and Alshon Jeffrey for sidekicks. Old Josh got promptly replaced when Jay Cutler got healthy too. Regarding no protection- Joe Montana looked like Joe Blow when Lawrence Taylor and his Giants pals shredded his o-line in a playoff game way back.
So let's all hope that nice 5 game stretch proves Josh is really good- just give him a repeat of those circumstances. Too bad Josh Gordon is suspended, Jordan Cameron walked, and Trent Richardson turned into a mega bust.
Does that mean I want McCown to flop, just so I can say I told you so? Nope- I'm just betting the odds of him doing something significantly better than career average are really long. He went 3-2 with the Bears- I won't be doing back flips and cartwheels if McCown leads the Browns to a 9-7 record.
-
That's all well and good, if you're looking at things on surface level.
Take a look at what he's had to work with up front. The following are the years that he started accompanied with his respective offensive line's pass protection ranking.
2003 - ARI - Off. line rank 24th
2004 - ARI - Off. line rank 17th
2005 - ARI - Off. line rank 14th
2007 - OAK - Off. line rank 27th
2013 - CHI - Off. line rank 5th
2014 - TB - Off. line rank 29th
Is it a coincidence that McCown's best performance came when his offensive line gave him time to throw, and his worst performance came when they didn't?
McCown, excluding one year, has never had an offensive line to protect him. THAT'S why I have faith that his "other six stops" aren't reflective of what he can do.
It's no coincidence virtually any NFL quarterback can look good- if given all day to throw. Oh- and given guys like Matt Forte, Martellus Bennett, Brandon Marshall, and Alshon Jeffrey for sidekicks. Old Josh got promptly replaced when Jay Cutler got healthy too. Regarding no protection- Joe Montana looked like Joe Blow when Lawrence Taylor and his Giants pals shredded his o-line in a playoff game way back.
So let's all hope that nice 5 game stretch proves Josh is really good- just give him a repeat of those circumstances. Too bad Josh Gordon is suspended, Jordan Cameron walked, and Trent Richardson turned into a mega bust.
Does that mean I want McCown to flop, just so I can say I told you so? Nope- I'm just betting the odds of him doing something significantly better than career average are really long. He went 3-2 with the Bears- I won't be doing back flips and cartwheels if McCown leads the Browns to a 9-7 record.
It's no coincidence virtually any NFL quarterback can look good- if given all day to throw. Oh- and given guys like Matt Forte, Martellus Bennett, Brandon Marshall, and Alshon Jeffrey for sidekicks. Old Josh got promptly replaced when Jay Cutler got healthy too. Regarding no protection- Joe Montana looked like Joe Blow when Lawrence Taylor and his Giants pals shredded his o-line in a playoff game way back.
So let's all hope that nice 5 game stretch proves Josh is really good- just give him a repeat of those circumstances. Too bad Josh Gordon is suspended, Jordan Cameron walked, and Trent Richardson turned into a mega bust.
Does that mean I want McCown to flop, just so I can say I told you so? Nope- I'm just betting the odds of him doing something significantly better than career average are really long. He went 3-2 with the Bears- I won't be doing back flips and cartwheels if McCown leads the Browns to a 9-7 record.
So it's McCown's fault that he performs better when he has time to throw? That's a knock on his character?
He also had Jackson, Evans and Doug Martin in TB...so what happened there?
If McCown throws for 12 TD's and 0 INT over an5 game span, you (along with everyone else) would be shitting your pants.
Hell, everyone shit their pants over Hoyer and his performance was merely average.
It's not like he's getting the start over Aaron Rodgers.
-
I like you guys and all, but this is getting a little fucked up. Why is it so hard to just kick back and see what happens Sunday?
I like pissing in my pants as much as the next guy, but lets all piss in our pants together.
-
Fuuuck. I'd take a guy that was painfully average in Cleveland. When was the last time we even had an average qb? Mccown goes 9-7? I'd be building a statue for him.
Fuuuck. I'd take a guy that was painfully average in Cleveland. When was the last time we even had an average qb? Mccown goes 9-7? I'd be building a statue for him.
As Ghoolie would say "that's the problem". The Browns have been so horrifically bad for so long- do we really want to build statues for "Average"? I understand the young 'uns saying- hey- mediocre is an improvement. The real goal is that distant dream of not only playing in, but Winning a Super Bowl. Of the pre-merger teams, only the Browns and Lions have never been to the Promised Land- and I say - we're long overdue. Unfortunately, it looks like it's not the "Plan" to get there this year either. As the one buzzard said to the other- "patience, my ass, I'm gonna kill something." I've been patient since 1964- and I 'm old enough to remember that one.
"Why is it so hard to just kick back and see what happens Sunday?" WSS
OK Steve, we'll see what we see. I'm just funnin' with TCPO.
-
It's no coincidence virtually any NFL quarterback can look good- if given all day to throw. Oh- and given guys like Matt Forte, Martellus Bennett, Brandon Marshall, and Alshon Jeffrey for sidekicks. Old Josh got promptly replaced when Jay Cutler got healthy too. Regarding no protection- Joe Montana looked like Joe Blow when Lawrence Taylor and his Giants pals shredded his o-line in a playoff game way back.
So let's all hope that nice 5 game stretch proves Josh is really good- just give him a repeat of those circumstances. Too bad Josh Gordon is suspended, Jordan Cameron walked, and Trent Richardson turned into a mega bust.
Does that mean I want McCown to flop, just so I can say I told you so? Nope- I'm just betting the odds of him doing something significantly better than career average are really long. He went 3-2 with the Bears- I won't be doing back flips and cartwheels if McCown leads the Browns to a 9-7 record.
So it's McCown's fault that he performs better when he has time to throw? That's a knock on his character?
He also had Jackson, Evans and Doug Martin in TB...so what happened there?
If McCown throws for 12 TD's and 0 INT over an5 game span, you (along with everyone else) would be shitting your pants.
Hell, everyone shit their pants over Hoyer and his performance was merely average.
It's not like he's getting the start over Aaron Rodgers.
So it's McCown's fault that he performs better when he has time to throw? That's a knock on his character?
Who said anything about character? FWIW I think McCown is an extremely high character guy. I stated a simple fact of football.
He also had Jackson, Evans and Doug Martin in TB...so what happened there?
LOL, to quote Bill Bellicheat "diminishing skills?"
If McCown throws for 12 TD's and 0 INT over an5 game span, you (along with everyone else) would be shitting your pants.
You're on- $100 bucks says he can't.
And I will shit my pants should that come about. I put the odds of that happening about equal to the earth getting hit by an asteroid in the same time frame. Hell, everyone shit their pants over Hoyer and his performance was merely average.
Toss out the Buffalo game he got hurt in- and in Hoyer's first 12 games with the Browns he was 8-4, (9-4 if you count games he started in.) that's potential playoff pace, until the wheels came off. Add in the Hometown Kid makes good factor. McCown now only has to go 9-3 to match, I daresay he'll be the toast of the town if he does so-
It's not like he's getting the start over Aaron Rodgers.
Neither would anyone else- probably not Peyton Manning, and certainly not Eli. Please- very bad analogy.
-
Horseshit.
THATS what I say almost everytime you post.....
Josh McCown was 1-11 last year. Your argument is invalid and flawed from the get go.
Walter, you are invalid and flawed....
If we lose, you do deserve it......
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login