Skip to content

Everest

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
5 5 555
  • Seen in IMAX 3D.

    You can tell how many movies I actually watch on the big screen. Had to see this one though. I've climbed a few mountains in my earlier years. So this is hardly an unbiased opinion. Only minor poetic license from reality- as a climber- I'll leave the nit-picky details of that to myself. Two thumbs way up.

    For those who have read Jon Krakaur's"Into Thin Air" (helps if you've read it) this is the film version. 100% historically accurate- and filmed on location. I know enough about the Everest vicinity and it's climbing routes- that I can guarantee you this was shot on location. So if you ever want to see what climbing the Big One entails- this is your ticket- without the danger of getting yourself killed in the process. Want to walk across one of those ladders over a crevasse with a couple hundred foot cavern beneath you? Take a peek over the Kangshun face with a two mile 70 degree sled ride to the bottom? I'll have to hazard a guess Dave Brashears (who's climbed Everest a couple of times) and happens to be a crack cinematographer on top of it- hauled a couple of IMAX cameras up the "Tourista" South Col route, shot the footage, and then did some CGI work to put the actors where they should have been.

  • Where around here Akron/Canton/Cleveland....can you find an IMAX 3D to see it on?

    (I know....Google is your friend)

  • Saw it in 3D yesterday.. Excellent movie imo!

    Sad story but an very good flick..

  • Want to see this movie. But it has stopped playing at the cinema around.

  • Read the book so I better go see the movie. Loved the book.