On to San Diego...
-
-
-
-
I remember reading about how the Holy Spirit wasn't capable of helping a man in his career if it was something that men deem "unimportant." Oh wait....
-
Time to start turning the page and hop a plane to SoCal where one of the more "thrilling" final approaches awaits us. I swear you can see into building windows out the right side of the plane.
Once on the ground we can finalize our game plan before heading to Belmont Park for a head-clearing ride on the Giant Dipper.
As I said in the "Goal-line..." thread, I'm optimistic, but there are some adjustments I'd like to see. Here's my Game 4 Wish List:
- Scratch MJ, activate Bibbs
- Our latest attempt to find a FB is not doing significantly better than our 2014 attempts.
- Let's try the guy that sparked several Pre-season drives with his legs at H-back.
- Scratch Housler, Activate Bowe
- With Bibbs active to fill out our 3TE sets, I don't think we'll miss Housler's zero YTD receptions.
- Bowe knows SD... or at least he should after a lifetime in the AFCW; time to check out our $9mm-man.
- Install Draughn as our #2 RB
- Start Crow, but give the guy who has shown signs of field vision some touches early.
- Based upon the early results distribute the touches accordingly.
- Use Duke in passing situations. His PassPro, hands and open field running all warrant this use of him... running out of a set, not so much.
- Stop acting like a TE presence is required every single play... This ain't Fantasy...
- Barn is having a good year, but we don't have a TE that creates a significant match up issue.
- In passing situations let's see some 4WR, or even 5WR, sets... let's flood secondaries with our quantity of good WR quality.
Where are you getting that Duke can't run out of a set?
Where are you getting that Duke can't run out of a set?
First, you are dangerously close to being sent to find a rake. At least you could edit out the video...
Watching Duke run. He's not seeing holes. Way too eager to bounce outside. YTD he's carried 23 times for 68 yds... and had one for 20. Let him find success in space catching the ball, and then work him back into the backfield.
But if Draughn can't go vs. SD, then it's all moot.
- Scratch MJ, activate Bibbs
-
I remember reading about how the Holy Spirit wasn't capable of helping a man in his career if it was something that men deem "unimportant." Oh wait....
I remember reading about how the Holy Spirit wasn't capable of helping a man in his career if it was something that men deem "unimportant." Oh wait....
War, let me help you out with that speed read you butchered by a country mile with a cut and paste of exactly what was written:
I couldn't help but notice Bowe back pocketed all accountability and any inevitable setbacks to God with this classic above: "If God's capable of having me out there playing, that's what I'm going to do." Thatta boy. We know how important it is for God to prioritize the football ahead for all the overpaid NFL Players robbing salary caps like gypsies. For example: Fat Albert Haynesworth
War, try to think of periods at the end of sentences as ideal opportunities to slow down, exhale and grasp what you just read. It was really important to understand the difference between men and God in the comprehension of it all. Moral of the story, if you suck at speed reading - you might want to refrain from it.
-
Yes, you are the man deeming it unimportant instead of letting God make those determinations. I don't like when people do that. There's nothing in the Bible that says you can't pray about football. You were the one that misread what I said.
-
Yes, you are the man deeming it unimportant instead of letting God make those determinations. I don't like when people do that. There's nothing in the Bible that says you can't pray about football. You were the one that misread what I said.
Yes, you are the man deeming it unimportant instead of letting God make those determinations. I don't like when people do that. There's nothing in the Bible that says you can't pray about football. You were the one that misread what I said.
Thank you for telling me I'm the man. I appreciate that. However it doesn't change your piss poor reading comprehension when you speed read. Actions mean more than empty promises; and spare me this praying about football nonsense you pulled out of your small intestines.
One of us uses cut and paste while the other consistently refuses this courtesy. The beauty of cut and paste is it allows me to be responsible for what I say instead of you. Meanwhile, it also prevents you from going back and changing what you typed.
Since my post was too inconvenient for you to cut and paste (gee, there's a surprise) - I'll re-extend myself that courtesy fully knowing you'll refuse to read most of it again:
I couldn't help but notice Bowe back pocketed all accountability and any inevitable setbacks to God with this classic above: "If God's capable of having me out there playing, that's what I'm going to do."
Thatta boy. We know how important it is for God to prioritize the football ahead for all the overpaid NFL Players robbing salary caps like gypsies. For example: Fat Albert Haynesworth, Phil Butneverfull Taylor, Shawn Lauvao-ouch, Ryan Leaf-mealone, Tequila Sunrise Stallworth (power-soaked Cleveland for 2 signing bonuses at the exchange value of 1 TD reception in 2 years). We've already seen guys past their primes coming here to cash paychecks while they learned how to answer how much pain they are feeling on a scale of 1-5 for their soft tissue injuries. Sometimes an empty inner chest is just empty regardless of how much football talent sits in that rear view mirror.
I'll be rooting for all the guys that show me they want to play like a Brown because they're pretty easy to appreciate these days.
-
Quoting it again and restating your position doesn't actually point out any errors in what I said. I'm on mobile almost 100% of the time I'm on this board. There were no edits after the fact, my friend. Not sure why you're taking it so personally. Because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm being discourteous. I wouldn't want to do that. But I also don't like when guys make fun of people for mentioning their trust in God.
-
And yes, you are still the man.
-
Quoting it again and restating your position doesn't actually point out any errors in what I said. I'm on mobile almost 100% of the time I'm on this board. There were no edits after the fact, my friend. Not sure why you're taking it so personally. Because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm being discourteous. I wouldn't want to do that. But I also don't like when guys make fun of people for mentioning their trust in God.
Quoting it again and restating your position doesn't actually point out any errors in what I said. I'm on mobile almost 100% of the time I'm on this board. There were no edits after the fact, my friend. Not sure why you're taking it so personally. Because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm being discourteous. I wouldn't want to do that. But I also don't like when guys make fun of people for mentioning their trust in God.
We've had enough good conversations to the extent I feel we have a mutual respect War. Therefore, I took your "Oh wait" as an invite to playful ballbust rather than feeling like you were getting personal. IMO, speed reading is choosing what's important to emphasize so that's what I went after with a WWWF flavor. I attacked that rather than your character. Glad you're here man.
I'm not gonna pretend I'm the best Christian on the planet; but it goes right through me when an NFL player with a dream salary (thanks God!) all of sudden says it's up to God whether he can play or not. My take is how about remembering the same God has Bowe sporting the best contract of his life so how about putting it on himself to show up in the best shape of his career for the NFL franchise/GM sticking his neck out for him? Nope, it's up to God whether Bowe can play or not. You and I will continue to disagree on whether Bowe deserves our support there. This has nothing to do with prayers.
My guess is if God prioritized football players that were sincere in prayer and walking the walk - he would have helped Tebow live his dream better than a guy like Ben Rapen. The same Jesus that threw a fit at people worshipping gold and coins (told his apostles to take the shirts off their backs) wouldn't have found Deion Sanders wearing half a jewelry store around his neck while pretending to be a man of Jesus to be nearly as cute as the networks. And when God has equipped guys like Haynesworth, Phil Taylor, Suh or Bowe with talents that get them gigantic contracts - he also empowers them with an opportunity to show up in the best shape of their careers. And what's gone on after many of these guys signed on the dotted line and received their signing bonuses?
I've seen too many FAs and players come here since 1999 that weren't willing to honor their side of why this franchise was willing to pay them generously. Bowe showed up making promises that his actions have disagreed with. He wasn't in shape and here we are - what it is...
-
Some of us get what you're trying to say Fluges......

My take was he kinda laid it all on God and left it there as his excuse for not playing....which was both of our perceptions...
Dont see anywhere where you are mocking or making fun of his trust in his God.....
Though I do see Bowe not trusting, but questioning "if God is capable of having him out there"......capable?.....hahaha....
People see what they want, I guess....
-
Some of us get what you're trying to say Fluges......

My take was he kinda laid it all on God and left it there as his excuse for not playing....which was both of our perceptions...
Dont see anywhere where you are mocking or making fun of his trust in his God.....
Though I do see Bowe not trusting, but questioning "if God is capable of having him out there"......capable?.....hahaha....
People see what they want, I guess....
-
I just don't view it as Bowe looking for an excuse for not playing. At the end of the day, God is still the determiner of whether you play or not, no matter what.
And yes, bad people succeed in this world all the time. That's nothing new my friend.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login