Skip to content

Pick your QB

The Browns Board
82 28 2.8k
  • I'm glad nobody voted for the non-existant "Conner Shaw".

  • The only person whose opinion counts is Mike Pettine.

    I am kind of forced to go with whomever he chooses. Fair to say?

  • The team needs to win for McCown to keep his job. How much longer can we go saying Manziel has the only W as a starter this year? I'd say, if McCown doesn't look impressive in the next 2 games, then you better see Johnny by the next home game or that crowd is going to get nasty...

  • I want to see whoever our coaches think gives us the best chance to win. How can anyone want to see anyone different? Everyone keeps saying we have to see if Manziel can be the QB of the future, I think the front office already knows. McCown should play the rest of the year, and back to the drawing board we go after the year.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    I want to see whoever our coaches think gives us the best chance to win. How can anyone want to see anyone different? Everyone keeps saying we have to see if Manziel can be the QB of the future, I think the front office already knows. McCown should play the rest of the year, and back to the drawing board we go after the year.

    Suppose McCown gives us the best chance to win this year (which the evidence thus far suggests he does not as our only win is with Manziel). What about next year? Does he give us the best chance to win then? How about the year after that? I would take 6 wins this year with Manziel over 8 wins with McCown. Why? Because McCown isn't getting any better, but Manziel, if he continues to win, will lead us to more wins every year he gets better. Going with McCown is a short-sighted decision.

  • I'm glad nobody voted for the non-existant "Conner Shaw".

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm glad nobody voted for the non-existant "Conner Shaw".

    I just voted for Conner Shaw.

    If you're silly enough to leave the Spice Girls on your jukebox, l'm gonna play the Spice Girls to remind you to remove the Spice Girls from your jukebox.

    Or maybe l just like the Spice Girls.

  • Now, don't get me wrong. I am all on board for seeing what we have in our 1st round pick. But I also want to win some football games.

    Listening to all these fans boasting and chanting for Johnny to be put on the field is driving me crazy! I must not have been watching the same game in week 2 as everyone else. I keep hearing "played a great game" "he did really good" "he showed improvement". I only agree with one of those.

    For all those that are up his A$$, look at the stats really quick.

    Manziel week 2 - 8/15 172 yds 2 TDs

    McCown week 3 - 28/49 341 yds 2 TDs 1 Int

    Other than the INT it looks pretty much the same to me right? A lot more passing attempts..hmm another stat.

    week 2 combined rush yds 116...not bad

    week 3 combined rush yds 39...yeah that's right

    Bottom line, Manziel didn't play a good game, the entire team played a good enough game to win.

    And discuss...

  • Isnt the question "who should start this week"????

    Cause Connor Shaw is on injured reserve, so its basically impossible for that to happen......

  • Now, don't get me wrong. I am all on board for seeing what we have in our 1st round pick. But I also want to win some football games.

    Listening to all these fans boasting and chanting for Johnny to be put on the field is driving me crazy! I must not have been watching the same game in week 2 as everyone else. I keep hearing "played a great game" "he did really good" "he showed improvement". I only agree with one of those.

    For all those that are up his A$$, look at the stats really quick.

    Manziel week 2 - 8/15 172 yds 2 TDs

    McCown week 3 - 28/49 341 yds 2 TDs 1 Int

    Other than the INT it looks pretty much the same to me right? A lot more passing attempts..hmm another stat.

    week 2 combined rush yds 116...not bad

    week 3 combined rush yds 39...yeah that's right

    Bottom line, Manziel didn't play a good game, the entire team played a good enough game to win.

    And discuss...

    @jettheo77 said:

    And discuss...

    discuss???.....for real???....this is already happening on 203,567 other threads right now......

    I predict a merge.....

  • Bottom line: The Browns front office and coaching staff do not trust Johnny personally and professionally yet to turn the reins over to him. When they do, they will. And as far as I am concerned you all can just shut the fuck up about it until it happens.

  • My reply to another thread:

    Bottom line: The Browns front office and coaching staff do not trust Johnny personally and professionally yet to turn the reins over to him. When they do, they will. And as far as I am concerned you all can just shut the fuck up about it until it happens.

  • Su

    Suss

    Sussudio

  • Yep, I'm tickled there's another Manziel thread.

  • The season is three games old. You are still playing to win at this point. Last year at this time, the rest of the world had the Pats falling off the brink of the world, and Tom Brady was washed up. Then they won the whole damn thing.

    Are the Browns as good as the Pats? No. Do they have time to right the ship? Absolutely. This is the same damn team minus Brian Hoyer that was 7-4 leading the conference last year. Oh ya, Phil Taylor too. So.... lets just give up?

    Whether you want to believe it or not, Johnny Football is not ready. Dude just learned how to point out the middle linebacker to the line. He still needs work, and its not the kinda work you get getting thrown into the deep end and getting your head kicked in week after week, cause he won't make it 3 weeks running for his life. He needs work on basic stuff. He has about 6 weeks to learn how to read a flippin defense and not turn the ball over on your side of the field.

    McCown starts.

    If you are truly a Johnny fan, then you don't want him to start right now. Hell you probably don't want him to start him all year and let him give it a go after next off season. Dude just got out of rehab a few months back for christ sake...

    Push him out to early and ruin him, then we start this bullshit all over again. I keep hearing and seeing people write "We have to know what we have".... really? Why? So they can say he sucks after 5 or 6 bad starts because he isn't ready, then flush a guy they spend a first round pick on and wiff on another one instead of drafting players for other positions? How about drafting a Cooper or Jones or Gronk instead of another QB that might work out. Then when JM is ready, he will have some offense behind him, instead of his main weapon being Gary "Fucking" Barnidge.

    Suck it up and root for the damn team to win.

  • The season is three games old. You are still playing to win at this point. Last year at this time, the rest of the world had the Pats falling off the brink of the world, and Tom Brady was washed up. Then they won the whole damn thing.

    Are the Browns as good as the Pats? No. Do they have time to right the ship? Absolutely. This is the same damn team minus Brian Hoyer that was 7-4 leading the conference last year. Oh ya, Phil Taylor too. So.... lets just give up?

    Whether you want to believe it or not, Johnny Football is not ready. Dude just learned how to point out the middle linebacker to the line. He still needs work, and its not the kinda work you get getting thrown into the deep end and getting your head kicked in week after week, cause he won't make it 3 weeks running for his life. He needs work on basic stuff. He has about 6 weeks to learn how to read a flippin defense and not turn the ball over on your side of the field.

    McCown starts.

    If you are truly a Johnny fan, then you don't want him to start right now. Hell you probably don't want him to start him all year and let him give it a go after next off season. Dude just got out of rehab a few months back for christ sake...

    Push him out to early and ruin him, then we start this bullshit all over again. I keep hearing and seeing people write "We have to know what we have".... really? Why? So they can say he sucks after 5 or 6 bad starts because he isn't ready, then flush a guy they spend a first round pick on and wiff on another one instead of drafting players for other positions? How about drafting a Cooper or Jones or Gronk instead of another QB that might work out. Then when JM is ready, he will have some offense behind him, instead of his main weapon being Gary "Fucking" Barnidge.

    Suck it up and root for the damn team to win.

    @hx214 said:

    Suck it up and root for the damn team to win.

    Couldn't agree more!

  • Thought this was the manziel board.....?

  • Thought this was the manziel board.....?

    @lbc-mike said:

    Thought this was the manziel board.....

    hahaha.....it is.....

  • I would say from now until the end of the season.

    @poeticg said:

    I would say from now until the end of the season.

    Yet the Poll question is vs. SD...

    And who voted for the QB on IR?

    Edit: Nevermind... lmao @ Spice Girls... worth the vote.

  • @poeticg said:

    I would say from now until the end of the season.

    Yet the Poll question is vs. SD...

    And who voted for the QB on IR?

    Edit: Nevermind... lmao @ Spice Girls... worth the vote.

    @tour2ma said:

    Yet the Poll question is vs. SD...

    And who voted for the QB on IR?

    I think it was Gip.

  • If Josh can't win then at some point soon thereafter the other JM must be given the team.

    @texasag1969 said:

    If Josh can't win then at some point soon thereafter the other JM must be given the team start.

    Fixed...

    @texasag1969 said:

    Wow! If the stadium is anywhere near this poll (3 to 1 for Manziel over Josh right now), then the first screwup by Josh will bring a massive BOOOOOOO! 🥷 :ph34r:

    Are there that many Browns fans in SoCal? And do they all dress as terrorists?

    @hx214 said:

    The season is three games old. You are still playing to win at this point. Last year at this time, the rest of the world had the Pats falling off the brink of the world, and Tom Brady was washed up. Then they won the whole damn thing.

    Are the Browns as good as the Pats? No. Do they have time to right the ship? Absolutely. This is the same damn team minus Brian Hoyer that was 7-4 leading the conference last year. Oh ya, Phil Taylor too. So.... lets just give up?

    Whether you want to believe it or not, Johnny Football is not ready.

    McCown starts.

    If you are truly a Johnny fan, then you don't want him to start right now.

    Push him out to early and ruin him, then we start this bullshit all over again. I keep hearing and seeing people write "We have to know what we have".... really? Why? So they can say he sucks after 5 or 6 bad starts because he isn't ready, then flush a guy they spend a first round pick on and wiff on another one instead of drafting players for other positions?

    Suck it up and root for the damn team to win.

    I'm down with this...

  • Eh... cut the noob a lil slack...

    Not that he'll ever see this now...

    Welcome, Jet...