Skip to content

Pick your QB

The Browns Board
82 28 2.8k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Andrew Luck may be calling for Hasselbeck...

    Andy seems to be one sore puppy...

    Takes a ton of hits. My point is there are a lot of losing teams that don't have a QB issue

    @baconhound said:

    Takes a ton of hits. My point is there are a lot of losing teams that don't have a QB issue

    Fair point, but most of those guys you listed are bums as opposed to a rookie first round Heisman Trophy winner.

    WSS

  • @baconhound said:

    Takes a ton of hits. My point is there are a lot of losing teams that don't have a QB issue

    Fair point, but most of those guys you listed are bums as opposed to a rookie first round Heisman Trophy winner.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Fair point, but most of those guys you listed are bums as opposed to a rookie first round Heisman Trophy winner.

    WSS

    Jason White won a Heisman trophy

  • @westside-steve said:

    Fair point, but most of those guys you listed are bums as opposed to a rookie first round Heisman Trophy winner.

    WSS

    Jason White won a Heisman trophy

    @baconhound said:

    Jason White won a Heisman trophy

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_White_(American_football)

    This guy?

    (not really a great example)

    WSS

  • @baconhound said:

    Jason White won a Heisman trophy

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_White_(American_football)

    This guy?

    (not really a great example)

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_White_(American_football)

    This guy?

    (not really a great example)

    WSS

    I would have said Tim Tebow but he won in college and the NFL which Manziel has done neither.

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_White_(American_football)

    This guy?

    (not really a great example)

    WSS

    I would have said Tim Tebow but he won in college and the NFL which Manziel has done neither.

    @baconhound said:

    I would have said Tim Tebow but he won in college and the NFL which Manziel has done neither.

    And there's a quarterback controversy every time he drives through an NFL city. Not to mention your pick Jason White is 35 and if I'm not mistaken out of football.

    I don't know that you could tell me any other team in the history of football that has shitcanned their first round quarterback pick after two or three starts.

    WSS

  • (Maybe you could dig up an example as good as Jason White)

    😉

    WSS...

  • Jason White wasn't drafted at all, let alone in the first round. So I'm not sure how he is comparable to Johnny.

  • Jason White wasn't drafted at all, let alone in the first round. So I'm not sure how he is comparable to Johnny.

    @columbusking said:

    Jason White wasn't drafted at all, let alone in the first round. So I'm not sure how he is comparable to Johnny.

    Heisman winner, system guy, who put up insane numbers who's skill set didn't translate to the NFL.

  • @baconhound said:

    I would have said Tim Tebow but he won in college and the NFL which Manziel has done neither.

    And there's a quarterback controversy every time he drives through an NFL city. Not to mention your pick Jason White is 35 and if I'm not mistaken out of football.

    I don't know that you could tell me any other team in the history of football that has shitcanned their first round quarterback pick after two or three starts.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    And there's a quarterback controversy every time he drives through an NFL city. Not to mention your pick Jason White is 35 and if I'm not mistaken out of football.

    I don't know that you could tell me any other team in the history of football that has shitcanned their first round quarterback pick after two or three starts.

    WSS

    New England? Philly?

    First Manziel wouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round if not for the Browns. Second so you were happy to see Weeden and Brady Quinn march out there and stink?

  • @columbusking said:

    Jason White wasn't drafted at all, let alone in the first round. So I'm not sure how he is comparable to Johnny.

    Heisman winner, system guy, who put up insane numbers who's skill set didn't translate to the NFL.

    @baconhound said:

    Heisman winner, system guy, who put up insane numbers who's skill set didn't translate to the NFL.

    He didn't play a single NFL game, not one.

  • @westside-steve said:

    And there's a quarterback controversy every time he drives through an NFL city. Not to mention your pick Jason White is 35 and if I'm not mistaken out of football.

    I don't know that you could tell me any other team in the history of football that has shitcanned their first round quarterback pick after two or three starts.

    WSS

    New England? Philly?

    First Manziel wouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round if not for the Browns. Second so you were happy to see Weeden and Brady Quinn march out there and stink?

    @baconhound said:

    New England? Philly?

    First Manziel wouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round if not for the Browns. Second so you were happy to see Weeden and Brady Quinn march out there and stink?

    Which quarterback did New England and Philadelphia draft in the first round that were highly touted and cut them after three starts?

    And I think we bailed on Brandon Weeden way too early. The team was terrible at that time time. And we had the best wide receiver in the league for all of theSammy Watkins ass kissers.

    And Brandon Weeden is capable of playing competent football even with a banged up Dallas team.

    I like Brady Quinn and think he fucked himself by holding up through training camp. I think anybody needs some consistency.

    WSS

  • And you could put my boy Charlie Frye there too.

    WSS

  • @baconhound said:

    I would have said Tim Tebow but he won in college and the NFL which Manziel has done neither.

    And there's a quarterback controversy every time he drives through an NFL city. Not to mention your pick Jason White is 35 and if I'm not mistaken out of football.

    I don't know that you could tell me any other team in the history of football that has shitcanned their first round quarterback pick after two or three starts.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I don't know that you could tell me any other team in the history of football that has shitcanned their first round quarterback pick after two or three starts.

    There are plenty....and even some big name ones like.......

    Colts dumped #4 overall pick, Art Schlister without ever starting him...

    Detroit dumped #7 overall(and Heisman winner) Andre Ware after 5 starts....

    Oakland dumped college MEGA star(like Johnny) Todd Marinovich after 4 starts....

    Denver dumped Tommy Maddox after 4 starts......

    49ers dumped Drukenmiller after 1 start.....

    and there are plenty more who played less than 10 games or so.....Tebow, Schuler, McNown....

    And Id point out that none of these guys went on to great careers anywhere else......

    so, not close to unprecedented.....Id say there are plenty of coaches that know enough to see when a guy isnt ready or isnt gonna get it done........ and when they see it, they aren't gonna play the guy unless forced to do it(not saying thats the case here, but its possible....)

  • Well, mud, I ain't the Gipper so I don't have the patience to fuck around and check all the stats but I did one at least. Andre Ware played for Detroit for three years.

    WSS

  • Maddox ended up his NFL career with a quarterback rating of 72.4.

    Ironically the only two I looked up our from Dickinson and Hurst Texas respectively. Both towns I lived in for short periods of time as a child.

    WSS

  • Well, mud, I ain't the Gipper so I don't have the patience to fuck around and check all the stats but I did one at least. Andre Ware played for Detroit for three years.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Well, mud, I ain't the Gipper so I don't have the patience to fuck around and check all the stats but I did one at least. Andre Ware played for Detroit for three years.

    WSS

    well you said starts, not years.....but there are lots and lots of them cut loose at end of year 2....some went three.....common thread was not playing and all 1st round picks.....some very high picks....

    I have the patience...😉.....but not because I want to make you wrong....just because I was curious about it too and thought yall might like to know.....

    and Maddox is the only one who had a carrier....albiet not a very good one.....started 1 year out of 9...so, not great....

  • Art Sp? was expected to be the quarterback of the future until he got a case of gambling fever.

    WSS

  • Well then maybe I can break it down the language that I can personally understand.

    😉

    Anybody that thinks we should cut Johnny now to avoid the sideshow, which I don't believe there is one, is a simple fuck.

    😁

    WSS

  • Well then maybe I can break it down the language that I can personally understand.

    😉

    Anybody that thinks we should cut Johnny now to avoid the sideshow, which I don't believe there is one, is a simple fuck.

    😁

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Well then maybe I can break it down the language that I can personally understand.

    😉

    Anybody that thinks we should cut Johnny now to avoid the sideshow, which I don't believe there is one, is a simple fuck.

    😁

    WSS

    Ha!..........Now that I can understand.....

    Im definitely not calling for him to be cut(no way)....just saying it happens periodically, and when it does, its usually proven out as the right move....

  • @westside-steve said:

    Well then maybe I can break it down the language that I can personally understand.

    😉

    Anybody that thinks we should cut Johnny now to avoid the sideshow, which I don't believe there is one, is a simple fuck.

    😁

    WSS

    Ha!..........Now that I can understand.....

    Im definitely not calling for him to be cut(no way)....just saying it happens periodically, and when it does, its usually proven out as the right move....

    @mudfly said:

    Ha!..........Now that I can understand.....

    Im definitely not calling for him to be cut(no way)....just saying it happens periodically, and when it does, its usually proven out as the right move....

    Yeah but I think those situations are much more extreme. I just looked up Todd Marinovich who had serious drug problems and serious legal complications. Didn't seem like he was that bad of a player. Until of course all that caught up with him.

    WSS