Skip to content

***Official Browns @ Chargers Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
119 36 5.4k
  • bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by
    #66

    We sure can season up field goal kickers........sloppy team, just sloppy!

  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #67

    TCPO is a douche. I said it, y'all were thin in' it.

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #68

    What if I stopped watching this team? My blood pressure would be soooo much more balanced and healthy. Not suprised tho, even like the last 10 years, not suprised one bit

  • W Why wrote on last edited by
    #69

    This is worse than the helmet toss game . . . . I don't even know what to say about this clusterfuck of a team . . . Glad I didn't buy it.

  • BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd wrote on last edited by
    #70

    No words

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #71

    I'm the last person who is a sunshine pumper but only allowed 91 yards rushing.

  • T tiredbrownsfan wrote on last edited by
    #72

    how long have we been back? how many QB'S have we had? HC...OC...DC...GM...ECT...ECT...ECT...you just can NOT be this bad for this long with out something funny going on!!!

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #73

    I think we did draw the most flags in the nfl again, maybe we could build off that...............

  • how long have we been back? how many QB'S have we had? HC...OC...DC...GM...ECT...ECT...ECT...you just can NOT be this bad for this long with out something funny going on!!!

    W Why wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @tiredbrownsfan said:

    how long have we been back? how many QB'S have we had? HC...OC...DC...GM...ECT...ECT...ECT...you just can NOT be this bad for this long with out something funny going on!!!

    That's the biggest problem, no continuity and every schmuck wants to come in here and run some system that the team doesn't have the personnel for. So we turn over half the team again and again.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #75

    I literally cannot believe that happened. Twenty minutes later and I'm just baffled, there's no other word

  • bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by
    #76

    My bright spot......Bowe showed up big time crime!

  • My bright spot......Bowe showed up big time crime!

    BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @bigbambo said:

    My bright spot......Bowe showed up big time crime!

    Cut him and get Pryor back in here. Let's see what the kid can do. I still think that JM would create more opportunities with his feet. McCown just hung on for far too long way to many times. And the penalties. No Excuse IMO.

  • @bigbambo said:

    My bright spot......Bowe showed up big time crime!

    Cut him and get Pryor back in here. Let's see what the kid can do. I still think that JM would create more opportunities with his feet. McCown just hung on for far too long way to many times. And the penalties. No Excuse IMO.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @brownskidd said:

    Cut him and get Pryor back in here. Let's see what the kid can do. I still think that JM would create more opportunities with his feet. McCown just hung on for far too long way to many times. And the penalties. No Excuse IMO.

    McCown completed 78% of his passes today and threw up a 119 QB rating. If you put the loss on him you're sorely mistaken. Held onto the ball too long too much I don't disagree but you can't ask for a much better day than that.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    OLine play has NOT been terrible - go read all of Tour's threads. Schwartz is a top 10, arguably top5 RT in the league. Lowest graded OL has actually been Mack.

    The problem is the overall scheme and the playcalling.. ZBS is just not as usable as it was in the past.

    Didn't say terrible, said poor, and even Tour would admit PFF had the O Line graded lower than he did and Football Outsider had them ranked 27th Run, 29th Pass. I've watched every game and the O line has struggled because all it takes is one guy breaking down to kill the play. Not sure how Tour scores it but both Mack and Bitonio (I believe) whiffed on the screen block. Bitonio has a false start, as does Thomas. Mack has a holding penalty and those are just off the top of my head.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @baconhound said:

    Not sure how Tour scores it but both Mack and Bitonio (I believe) whiffed on the screen block. Bitonio has a false start, as does Thomas. Mack has a holding penalty and those are just off the top of my head.

    Those are not positives...

    @tiamat63 said:

    Pass rush, WR, ILB in that order. Maybe secondary depth as well. Please and thank you.

    I assume "pass rush" covers OLB, but who would have thought going into the year that secondary depth would be in the top five?

  • TCPO is a douche. I said it, y'all were thin in' it.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @suomi said:

    TCPO is a douche. I said it, y'all were thin in' it.

    Not here...

    @jrb12711 said:

    I literally cannot believe that happened. Twenty minutes later and I'm just baffled, there's no other word

    Stunned work? Numb?

    @jrb12711 said:

    McCown completed 78% of his passes today and threw up a 119 QB rating. If you put the loss on him you're sorely mistaken. Held onto the ball too long too much I don't disagree but you can't ask for a much better day than that.

    Not sure he had anywhere to go with some of those holds. And he made more than a few last-instant throws... couple were even in the grasp.

  • @brownskidd said:

    Cut him and get Pryor back in here. Let's see what the kid can do. I still think that JM would create more opportunities with his feet. McCown just hung on for far too long way to many times. And the penalties. No Excuse IMO.

    McCown completed 78% of his passes today and threw up a 119 QB rating. If you put the loss on him you're sorely mistaken. Held onto the ball too long too much I don't disagree but you can't ask for a much better day than that.

    BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @jrb12711 said:

    McCown completed 78% of his passes today and threw up a 119 QB rating. If you put the loss on him you're sorely mistaken. Held onto the ball too long too much I don't disagree but you can't ask for a much better day than that.

    Not the whole thing. I still think JM gives us a better opportunity. However we have a TON of things to work on. Perhaps, not breaking any of the rules and eliminating penalties. The Oline needs to step up. I think our play calling is very mundane and predictable. Benji, was carrying this team on his back today. And our damn secondary.... what the hell?

  • @jrb12711 said:

    McCown completed 78% of his passes today and threw up a 119 QB rating. If you put the loss on him you're sorely mistaken. Held onto the ball too long too much I don't disagree but you can't ask for a much better day than that.

    Not the whole thing. I still think JM gives us a better opportunity. However we have a TON of things to work on. Perhaps, not breaking any of the rules and eliminating penalties. The Oline needs to step up. I think our play calling is very mundane and predictable. Benji, was carrying this team on his back today. And our damn secondary.... what the hell?

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @brownskidd said:

    Not the whole thing. I still think JM gives us a better opportunity. However we have a TON of things to work on. Perhaps, not breaking any of the rules and eliminating penalties. The Oline needs to step up. I think our play calling is very mundane and predictable. Benji, was carrying this team on his back today. And our damn secondary.... what the hell?

    Our so-called shut down CB sat out with a hurt finger.

    What a wuss

  • @brownskidd said:

    Not the whole thing. I still think JM gives us a better opportunity. However we have a TON of things to work on. Perhaps, not breaking any of the rules and eliminating penalties. The Oline needs to step up. I think our play calling is very mundane and predictable. Benji, was carrying this team on his back today. And our damn secondary.... what the hell?

    Our so-called shut down CB sat out with a hurt finger.

    What a wuss

    BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @browns149 said:

    Our so-called shut down CB sat out with a hurt finger.

    What a wuss

    It was broken last week, but he did practice with it. At least that's what Pettine said in the post game.

  • @browns149 said:

    Our so-called shut down CB sat out with a hurt finger.

    What a wuss

    It was broken last week, but he did practice with it. At least that's what Pettine said in the post game.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @brownskidd said:

    It was broken last week, but he did practice with it. At least that's what Pettine said in the post game.

    Ronny Lott cut off a finger in the game and kept playing

  • B browns23 wrote on last edited by
    #85

    I thought Haden had a ribs injury as well?