Skip to content

Our Defense Is Worse Than Our Offense

The Browns Board
14 11 690
  • Farmer needs to shake it up on offense at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. It's not an exaggeration to say the Browns defense lost to an offense of 2nd and 3rd string guys. Basically all of the 2nd half they had two healthy WR's and a whole game of 3 rookie OL. I mean honestly let that sink in. I could give a room full of toddlers a pen and paper and they could scheme better than Cleveland does. If that means O'Neil gets the boot so be it.

  • y'all still think we have talent on defense? I would be shopping every single one of em with a big contract. I don't know what we'd get for em but i'd be all for a fire sale right now and load up on this draft. Play scrubs the rest of the year if need be. Mabye get 2 or 3 first round picks, i dunno. This just has to go though. This is not going to get better.

    Playing against 3 2nd string offensive lineman this front guys should have made more of an impact. That should be a wakeup call to any Browns fan as to the talent deficit we have on this team.

  • Farmer needs to shake it up on offense at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. It's not an exaggeration to say the Browns defense lost to an offense of 2nd and 3rd string guys. Basically all of the 2nd half they had two healthy WR's and a whole game of 3 rookie OL. I mean honestly let that sink in. I could give a room full of toddlers a pen and paper and they could scheme better than Cleveland does. If that means O'Neil gets the boot so be it.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Farmer needs to shake it up on offense at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. It's not an exaggeration to say the Browns defense lost to an offense of 2nd and 3rd string guys. Basically all of the 2nd half they had two healthy WR's and a whole game of 3 rookie OL. I mean honestly let that sink in. I could give a room full of toddlers a pen and paper and they could scheme better than Cleveland does. If that means O'Neil gets the boot so be it.

    Guessing you meant defense in the first sentence?

  • We did "hold" them to 450 yards though.

  • McCoy and Rivers took Oneil to school the entire game... Constantly made adjustments that we couldn't match...

    Coaching may have been the ultimate difference...

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Farmer needs to shake it up on offense at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. It's not an exaggeration to say the Browns defense lost to an offense of 2nd and 3rd string guys. Basically all of the 2nd half they had two healthy WR's and a whole game of 3 rookie OL. I mean honestly let that sink in. I could give a room full of toddlers a pen and paper and they could scheme better than Cleveland does. If that means O'Neil gets the boot so be it.

    Guessing you meant defense in the first sentence?

    @wargograw said:

    Guessing you meant defense in the first sentence?

    I meant what I said! Haha yes defense. Agree with the other folks though it's just laughable given how banged up the Chargers were how bad this defense played. If it means bringing up practice squad guys, benching others it's gotta be something. It's an absolute joke how bad they played.

  • We didn't lose this game on the offsides call. The

    defense lost it earlier when Rivers moved them right down

    the field like a knife through butter. The Chargers were

    playing their waterboy at wideout? No problem. Three

    starters missing from the offensive line? No problem.

    No problem because they were going against the WORST

    defense in the NFL in the last 2 minutes of a half.The

    biggest problem the Chargers had to worry about was

    scoring too early.

    @darubes said:

    We didn't lose this game on the offsides call. The

    defense lost it earlier when Rivers moved them right down

    the field like a knife through butter. The Chargers were

    playing their waterboy at wideout? No problem. Three

    starters missing from the offensive line? No problem.

    No problem because they were going against the WORST

    defense in the NFL in the last 2 minutes of a half.The

    biggest problem the Chargers had to worry about was

    scoring too early.

    ^ This.

  • Our defense reminds Me of melted swiss cheese sliding of a cracker!... Putrid!

  • Our defense reminds Me of melted swiss cheese sliding of a cracker!... Putrid!

    @nickers said:

    Our defense reminds Me of melted swiss cheese sliding of a cracker!... Putrid!

    They remind me of almost EVERY defense we have had the last 17 years

  • Even if the Browns weren't offsides on the missed field goal I have no doubt with the defense I saw today the Chargers would have just went right down the field and scored in OT.

  • y'all still think we have talent on defense? I would be shopping every single one of em with a big contract. I don't know what we'd get for em but i'd be all for a fire sale right now and load up on this draft. Play scrubs the rest of the year if need be. Mabye get 2 or 3 first round picks, i dunno. This just has to go though. This is not going to get better.

    Playing against 3 2nd string offensive lineman this front guys should have made more of an impact. That should be a wakeup call to any Browns fan as to the talent deficit we have on this team.

    @clevfan4life said:

    y'all still think we have talent

    A lot of us Browns fans - me included - over estimated how much talent is on this team. When outsiders said or wrote how awful we were going to be, we just laughed because we just 'knew' they were talented on both sides of the ball. Well, we were all wrong, and the outsiders were right.......... Hell, Baby Shanny took his act to Atlanta and with all of the real talent on that team, now he looks like the second coming of Bill Walsh.

  • Even if the Browns weren't offsides on the missed field goal I have no doubt with the defense I saw today the Chargers would have just went right down the field and scored in OT.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Even if the Browns weren't offsides on the missed field goal I have no doubt with the defense I saw today the Chargers would have just went right down the field and scored in OT.

    Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!