Skip to content

Cheap Shot

The Cavs Board
5 5 690
  • But it wasn’t all smooth sailing for the Chosen One on Friday night. With 8:15 remaining in the third quarter, Timberwolves center Jason Collins planted a shoulder into the right side of LeBron’s face as he crossed into the paint on a drive. James went down on the hard foul and Zydrunas Ilgauskas jumped into the fray after Collins, who got hit with a flagrant-1 for the cheap shot.

    James was still steaming in the postgame locker room over Collins’ “play.”

    “Hard fouls are part of the game, but I thought that one was a little overboard,” deadpanned James. “Not taking anything from the refs, because they do a great job, but that play you can’t ref by how big I am to take that blow. If it was Mo or Delonte or Daniel – one of our smaller guards – and they take that same blow, do they finish the game? Maybe not.”

  • I'm a fan of hard fouls and think that they should be part of the game. Even when it happens against one of our super-stars, I'm still for it.

  • I've seen worse

  • Bottom line is that there are not too many in the NBA who are stronger than LeBron.....My bet is that Collins will regret that play at some point, although I really feel LeBron wouldn't go after him unless the cheap shot was aimed at one of LBJ's teammates.

    Mike

  • I've seen worse

    @ohioborn said:

    I've seen worse

    Agreed.

    I tend to think that particular collision looked way worse than it was because LeBron tends to over-react every time he gets hit anywhere above the neck.

    Collins really basically was a deer in the headlights and didn't know what to do with LBJ barreling down the lane at him. I thought it was less malicious intent than accidental, didn't know what the hell else to do action.