Here's what I'm thinkin about what's messin up the Browns
-
8 out of 9 LB's are averaging 2 tackles or less per game.....meaning 8 out 9 LB's have single digit tackles 4 games in!!!
Outrageous stat right there...
Kruger is averaging 1 tackle for every 50 snaps he plays(an $8 mil linebacker).....Orchard has 1 tackle in 60 plays(invisible).....
These are the guys who are supposed to be making MOST of the stops....Danny Shelton has more tackles than almost all of them, yet is supposed to be the guy holding up the line so the LB's can tackle......terrible terrible terrible....
Dansby has 25ish tackles and the other 8 LBs have 7 or less.......smh....
8 out of 9 LB's are averaging 2 tackles or less per game.....meaning 8 out 9 LB's have single digit tackles 4 games in!!!
Outrageous stat right there...
Kruger is averaging 1 tackle for every 50 snaps he plays(an $8 mil linebacker).....Orchard has 1 tackle in 60 plays(invisible).....
These are the guys who are supposed to be making MOST of the stops....Danny Shelton has more tackles than almost all of them, yet is supposed to be the guy holding up the line so the LB's can tackle......terrible terrible terrible....
Dansby has 25ish tackles and the other 8 LBs have 7 or less.......smh....
Could someone email this to Jim O'Neil?
-
what can they do? we're stuck with the players we got. With Robertson down I would have thought we'd seen Tank by now get some more reps at ILB'er. But I mean he's a lifetime special teamer so I'm not pinning my hopes that we've had the next Ray Lewis on our squad this whole time. We need to find the D to the O to the double G this offseason at ILB'er. We need to find either a replacement for Dansby or his eventual replacement in the draft, as captain of the team. We don't have that guy on the roster.
-
what can they do? we're stuck with the players we got. With Robertson down I would have thought we'd seen Tank by now get some more reps at ILB'er. But I mean he's a lifetime special teamer so I'm not pinning my hopes that we've had the next Ray Lewis on our squad this whole time. We need to find the D to the O to the double G this offseason at ILB'er. We need to find either a replacement for Dansby or his eventual replacement in the draft, as captain of the team. We don't have that guy on the roster.
what can they do? we're stuck with the players we got. With Robertson down I would have thought we'd seen Tank by now get some more reps at ILB'er. But I mean he's a lifetime special teamer so I'm not pinning my hopes that we've had the next Ray Lewis on our squad this whole time. We need to find the D to the O to the double G this offseason at ILB'er. We need to find either a replacement for Dansby or his eventual replacement in the draft, as captain of the team. We don't have that guy on the roster.
I'm not saying you are wrong Cleve about the lack of talent but I'm still not convinced. I would like to see Pettine get involved more with the defense. We have invested too much in this defense to see them not performing. If we are lacking talent on defense it certainly is not because we are holding back on salaries as our defense leads the league in that respect.
-
what can they do? we're stuck with the players we got. With Robertson down I would have thought we'd seen Tank by now get some more reps at ILB'er. But I mean he's a lifetime special teamer so I'm not pinning my hopes that we've had the next Ray Lewis on our squad this whole time. We need to find the D to the O to the double G this offseason at ILB'er. We need to find either a replacement for Dansby or his eventual replacement in the draft, as captain of the team. We don't have that guy on the roster.
I'm not saying you are wrong Cleve about the lack of talent but I'm still not convinced. I would like to see Pettine get involved more with the defense. We have invested too much in this defense to see them not performing. If we are lacking talent on defense it certainly is not because we are holding back on salaries as our defense leads the league in that respect.
If we are lacking talent on defense it certainly is not because we are holding back on salaries as our defense leads the league in that respect.
yeah no shit. I just see this as massive FO failure. That and bringing in a guy to coach a lot of players that were brought in for a different system. I want to see Pettine here for "YEARS" and draft/sign accordingly. We went out and got bunch of old players and gve em a lot of money near the end of their careers. Kruger was still sort of in his prime but h'es 29 now and i'm afraid he's not getting any better either. We just screwed up our personnel.
-
The OL, as expected, is our strength - PFF just today rated it 3rd in the league, Tour's threads always show a positive analysis. Many things may very well be wrong, but 2 different analytical methods show that our OL isn't a part of it.
-
If we are lacking talent on defense it certainly is not because we are holding back on salaries as our defense leads the league in that respect.
yeah no shit. I just see this as massive FO failure. That and bringing in a guy to coach a lot of players that were brought in for a different system. I want to see Pettine here for "YEARS" and draft/sign accordingly. We went out and got bunch of old players and gve em a lot of money near the end of their careers. Kruger was still sort of in his prime but h'es 29 now and i'm afraid he's not getting any better either. We just screwed up our personnel.
yeah no shit. I just see this as massive FO failure. That and bringing in a guy to coach a lot of players that were brought in for a different system. I want to see Pettine here for "YEARS" and draft/sign accordingly. We went out and got bunch of old players and gve em a lot of money near the end of their careers. Kruger was still sort of in his prime but h'es 29 now and i'm afraid he's not getting any better either. We just screwed up our personnel.
This is one BIG problem.
The other BIG problem is the drafting. We had 8 1st round picks over the past 5 years. And only 1 of them is starting for us right now, and he's only been here for 4 games (Shelton)
3 are not here and one of those isn't even in the league anymore
Just imagine if those 8 guys were good enough to be starting here.
-
8 out of 9 LB's are averaging 2 tackles or less per game.....meaning 8 out 9 LB's have single digit tackles 4 games in!!!
Outrageous stat right there...
Kruger is averaging 1 tackle for every 50 snaps he plays(an $8 mil linebacker).....Orchard has 1 tackle in 60 plays(invisible).....
These are the guys who are supposed to be making MOST of the stops....Danny Shelton has more tackles than almost all of them, yet is supposed to be the guy holding up the line so the LB's can tackle......terrible terrible terrible....
Dansby has 25ish tackles and the other 8 LBs have 7 or less.......smh....
8 out of 9 LB's are averaging 2 tackles or less per game.....meaning 8 out 9 LB's have single digit tackles 4 games in!!!
Outrageous stat right there...
Kruger is averaging 1 tackle for every 50 snaps he plays(an $8 mil linebacker).....Orchard has 1 tackle in 60 plays(invisible).....
These are the guys who are supposed to be making MOST of the stops....Danny Shelton has more tackles than almost all of them, yet is supposed to be the guy holding up the line so the LB's can tackle......terrible terrible terrible....
Dansby has 25ish tackles and the other 8 LBs have 7 or less.......smh....
Wow that is a serious indictment.
-
-
where the fck is Pokey?
-
yeah no shit. I just see this as massive FO failure. That and bringing in a guy to coach a lot of players that were brought in for a different system. I want to see Pettine here for "YEARS" and draft/sign accordingly. We went out and got bunch of old players and gve em a lot of money near the end of their careers. Kruger was still sort of in his prime but h'es 29 now and i'm afraid he's not getting any better either. We just screwed up our personnel.
This is one BIG problem.
The other BIG problem is the drafting. We had 8 1st round picks over the past 5 years. And only 1 of them is starting for us right now, and he's only been here for 4 games (Shelton)
3 are not here and one of those isn't even in the league anymore
Just imagine if those 8 guys were good enough to be starting here.
This is one BIG problem.
The other BIG problem is the drafting. We had 8 1st round picks over the past 5 years. And only 1 of them is starting for us right now, and he's only been here for 4 games (Shelton)
3 are not here and one of those isn't even in the league anymore
Just imagine if those 8 guys were good enough to be starting here.
4 of those 8 were drafted by this regime. Of those 4, only Gilbert seems to be an absolute bust.
Jury is out on Manziel, and Erving will be just fine.
Indict past regimes on their drafting, but this regime is only in their second year.
-
and Dansby's tackles are garbage after the fact cause he's nowhere to be found at the LOS. I've mentioned this before and i'd like to know what some of you think...if you watch the Buffalo D, they ask a lot more of their front 4 in terms of run stopping. Hughes and Super Mario (god he's a freak) seem to actively get loose from their blocks more. Like they're being asked to do more than just set the edge and let the LB'ers clean up. That's just my peripheral observation. If you put that front seven with our secondary, it might compete for best defense of all time.
and Dansby's tackles are garbage after the fact cause he's nowhere to be found at the LOS. I've mentioned this before and i'd like to know what some of you think...if you watch the Buffalo D, they ask a lot more of their front 4 in terms of run stopping. Hughes and Super Mario (god he's a freak) seem to actively get loose from their blocks more. Like they're being asked to do more than just set the edge and let the LB'ers clean up. That's just my peripheral observation. If you put that front seven with our secondary, it might compete for best defense of all time.
It's he fundamental difference between a 4-3 and a 3-4.
We're asking our front men to play 2-gap more often, while Buffalo's guys are asked to play more 1-gap.
-
-
I think 2/3 of our starting DL being rookies has hurt us the last couple weeks, I hope Dez is back this week.
And Haden and Kwil were out and then Desir went down ... Johnson Bademosi was effectively the replacement for Haden, and I don't care what you think of Haden, that's a big dropoff.
I hope these injured fuckers can play against Flacco or he is going to slice and dice.
Z
-
I think 2/3 of our starting DL being rookies has hurt us the last couple weeks, I hope Dez is back this week.
And Haden and Kwil were out and then Desir went down ... Johnson Bademosi was effectively the replacement for Haden, and I don't care what you think of Haden, that's a big dropoff.
I hope these injured fuckers can play against Flacco or he is going to slice and dice.
Z
Zombo said:
I think 2/3 of our starting DL being rookies has hurt us the last couple weeks, I hope Dez is back this week.
And Haden and Kwil were out and then Desir went down ... Johnson Bademosi was effectively the replacement for Haden, and I don't care what you think of Haden, that's a big dropoff.
I hope these injured fuckers can play against Flacco or he is going to slice and dice.
Z
No Steve smith sr so I think flacco will have problems regardless who we suit up. For once I kind of like our chances against Baltimore..
-
-
If you got Dansby as a issue on this D, watch the goal line smack down at the Jets again. He's not it. Found it interesting that new coach at Miami day 1 threw team into Oklahoma tackling drill. Theirs a revolution O'Neil..
If you got Dansby as a issue on this D, watch the goal line smack down at the Jets again. He's not it. Found it interesting that new coach at Miami day 1 threw team into Oklahoma tackling drill. Theirs a revolution O'Neil..
I think that's been his only play all season bro, and he wasn't alone on that either...there was at least one other LB'er that met the runner at the exact same time Dansby did. You're supposed to make those plays with regularity if you're a LB'er in the NFL. It's like Chris Rock said, you SUPPOSED to take care of your kids. In the NFL you're SUPPOSED to make tackles at the LOS and often infront of it. You don't do it once in 4 games and say see I know what i'm doing.
-
We have a better team this year in some areas. We could compete if they fix this defense. We should be able to beat Baltimore but every running back we've faced this year has run all over us. Last week every fantasy sports website said to play Latavious Murray. This week the "Start of the Week" is Forsett against the Browns. This makes me mad! Every week they say play a running back and defense against the Browns.
I thought we were going to be good this year!
-
We have a better team this year in some areas. We could compete if they fix this defense. We should be able to beat Baltimore but every running back we've faced this year has run all over us. Last week every fantasy sports website said to play Latavious Murray. This week the "Start of the Week" is Forsett against the Browns. This makes me mad! Every week they say play a running back and defense against the Browns.
I thought we were going to be good this year!
We have a better team this year in some areas. We could compete if they fix this defense. We should be able to beat Baltimore but every running back we've faced this year has run all over us. Last week every fantasy sports website said to play Latavious Murray. This week the "Start of the Week" is Forsett against the Browns. This makes me mad! Every week they say play a running back and defense against the Browns.
I thought we were going to be good this year!
Yeah we made Forsett's career last year, is he struggling this year? No worries Sunday will be his breakout. sigh
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login