Skip to content

I love me some Duke

The Browns Board
32 18 1.3k
  • He's quickly getting that "shifty" vibe which is great for an offense. Has just enough of that talent to separate on a check down for 3-4 extra yards which can make loads of difference across the whole game.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @jrb12711 said:

    He's quickly getting that "shifty" vibe which is great for an offense. Has just enough of that talent to separate on a check down for 3-4 extra yards which can make loads of difference across the whole game.

    I am looking for a lot of Greg Pruitt type performances out of him. A little bulkier than Eric Metcalf.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    He's quickly getting that "shifty" vibe which is great for an offense. Has just enough of that talent to separate on a check down for 3-4 extra yards which can make loads of difference across the whole game.

    I am looking for a lot of Greg Pruitt type performances out of him. A little bulkier than Eric Metcalf.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @the-gipper said:

    I am looking for a lot of Greg Pruitt type performances out of him. A little bulkier than Eric Metcalf.

    Unfortunately I've only seen highlights and stories from my dad about both of those gentlemen but I hope you're right.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am looking for a lot of Greg Pruitt type performances out of him. A little bulkier than Eric Metcalf.

    Unfortunately I've only seen highlights and stories from my dad about both of those gentlemen but I hope you're right.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @jrb12711 said:

    Unfortunately I've only seen highlights and stories from my dad about both of those gentlemen but I hope you're right.

    You can skip the first 5 minutes or so which is just talk.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I've said in several posts I think his floor is Sproles and his ceiling is Leveon.

  • slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Dudes got some wheels and agility thats for sure! Hopefully he'll be able to keep it goin now knowing teams are going to pay closer attention to him.

  • I've said in several posts I think his floor is Sproles and his ceiling is Leveon.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @jcam222 said:

    I've said in several posts I think his floor is Sproles and his ceiling is Leveon.

    He's not the same type of back as leveon, shorter and a good 40 pounds lighter.

    Duke has a lot going for him though. He's good at a lot of things.

  • slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by slimdawg
    #16

    Flips gonna need to stay creative with it and stay a step ahead of the defenses. Duke will help open things up for our other guys too, Barnidge has already seen some of that. The LB's are gonna have to try and keep an eye on Duke while they're covering the TE's/slot guys.

  • @jcam222 said:

    I've said in several posts I think his floor is Sproles and his ceiling is Leveon.

    He's not the same type of back as leveon, shorter and a good 40 pounds lighter.

    Duke has a lot going for him though. He's good at a lot of things.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @bbedward said:

    He's not the same type of back as leveon, shorter and a good 40 pounds lighter.

    Duke has a lot going for him though. He's good at a lot of things.

    physically you are right I think the floor of Sproles is on the money, I will change the ceiling to Jamaal Charles.
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Brian Westbrook would be the back I see Duke most similar too.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #19

    He's not Charles either. Maybe MJD if you're looking for an every-down back. To say Sproles is his floor is optimistic. But he does look great so far.

  • He's not Charles either. Maybe MJD if you're looking for an every-down back. To say Sproles is his floor is optimistic. But he does look great so far.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222
    #20

    @wargograw said:

    He's not Charles either. Maybe MJD if you're looking for an every-down back. To say Sproles is his floor is optimistic. But he does look great so far.

    I rode Sproles to many a fantasy championship so I can hope. At the Oakland home game one of the coaches from Miami Northwest High School was sitting next to me. He flew up to watch Duke and Amari. Coached them both between high school and I think for Duke youth league. He just absolutely loves Duke and his work ethic.
  • @jrb12711 said:

    He's quickly getting that "shifty" vibe which is great for an offense. Has just enough of that talent to separate on a check down for 3-4 extra yards which can make loads of difference across the whole game.

    I am looking for a lot of Greg Pruitt type performances out of him. A little bulkier than Eric Metcalf.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @the-gipper said:

    I am looking for a lot of Greg Pruitt type performances out of him. A little bulkier than Eric Metcalf.

    Dig the Metcalf reference. Damn he was something to see. Do they have records on ypc compared to weight? I bet he's top 10.

    Keep on rockin in the free world

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Jcam, I saw Miami Northwestern play in Dallas once. Florida dynasty versus our dynasty. They had IIRC over 15 D1 commits on that team. They said it was the most talented high school team of all time.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    He's quickly getting that "shifty" vibe which is great for an offense. Has just enough of that talent to separate on a check down for 3-4 extra yards which can make loads of difference across the whole game.

    I am looking for a lot of Greg Pruitt type performances out of him. A little bulkier than Eric Metcalf.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @the-gipper said:

    I am looking for a lot of Greg Pruitt type performances out of him.

    Funny you say that, because there was a moment, while watching Duke with the ball...a quick flash.....that I had a Pruitt like deja vu ....

  • Kyle Shanahan would have never used him. He would just make him sit on the bench. He did not want to use RBs in the passing game.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @the-gipper said:

    Kyle Shanahan would have never used him. He would just make him sit on the bench. He did not want to use RBs in the passing game.

    True.

    So far looking like a win/win situation with Shanny going to Atlanta and Flip taking his job.

    Atlanta is #4 in the NFL in offense and we are #8.

    Have we ever been #8 before ... except maybe in 2007?

    How bout some love for Flip? every pundit told me we had no playmakers on the roster ... I'm seeing a lot of plays.

    Zombo

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am looking for a lot of Greg Pruitt type performances out of him.

    Funny you say that, because there was a moment, while watching Duke with the ball...a quick flash.....that I had a Pruitt like deja vu ....

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @mudfly said:

    Funny you say that, because there was a moment, while watching Duke with the ball...a quick flash.....that I had a Pruitt like deja vu ....

    I did too.

    duke-johnson-d.j.-hayden-nfl-oakland-rai

    s-l1000.jpg

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Last year only 32 passes were completed to our backs......terrible....(2 per game).....

    First 3 games this year.....the same.....2 per game.....

    Last 2 games.....26 passes completed to the backs.....WOW!!!

    Complete adjustment/turnaround......thanks for waking up Flip....I was worried....

  • Last year only 32 passes were completed to our backs......terrible....(2 per game).....

    First 3 games this year.....the same.....2 per game.....

    Last 2 games.....26 passes completed to the backs.....WOW!!!

    Complete adjustment/turnaround......thanks for waking up Flip....I was worried....

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @mudfly said:

    Last year only 32 passes were completed to our backs......terrible....(2 per game).....

    First 3 games this year.....the same.....2 per game.....

    Last 2 games.....26 passes completed to the backs.....WOW!!!

    Complete adjustment/turnaround......thanks for waking up Flip....I was worried....

    Yeah.. I stop bitching about the lack of screen passes.

    Flip must've read my post!

  • @jrb12711 said:

    He's quickly getting that "shifty" vibe which is great for an offense. Has just enough of that talent to separate on a check down for 3-4 extra yards which can make loads of difference across the whole game.

    I am looking for a lot of Greg Pruitt type performances out of him. A little bulkier than Eric Metcalf.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @the-gipper said:

    I am looking for a lot of Greg Pruitt type performances out of him. A little bulkier than Eric Metcalf.

    He definitely reminds me of Greg Pruitt. Shifty & seems to have great hands.He's sure fun to watch

    Mike.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #29

    I can see Greg.... especially since I got the image of Mike out of my head.

    Metcalf... not so much.