Skip to content

The Curse of The Haden Jersey

The Browns Board
11 8 470
  • OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by Osiris
    #1

    So I'm not the superstitious type, but get this... Even though I hate the new uniforms, I bought a Joe Haden jersey during the off season. Including preseason, I have worn it for every game except for three: Tampa Bay, Tennessee, and yesterday vs. Baltimore.

    h

    That jersey is cursed! Gonna have to lock it away or wash it in holy water or sometching lol.

    Anyway, nice win. McCown looked great, especially since Oline gave up too many sacks. Defense still worries me. I think Shelton looked improved but inconsistent. We need to get a lot better if we are going to have a shot vs. Denver.

    Was it me or did these refs actually sound happy every time they made a call against the Browns?

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I haven't had popcorn in a while. I made popcorn during the game...

    my new tradition!!

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Have you worn that Haden jersy for the last 15 years?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I did not go into The Tavern.

  • A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Felt the same way. There was a lot of bullshit calls. That hit for Whitner was nice. And they wanted to get us for that. Ridiculous.

  • I did not go into The Tavern.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @tour2ma said:

    I did not go into The Tavern.

    Guess you have to stay away till we lose. So I guess we will see you next season! 13-3

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #7

    OL was solid-to-dominant yesterday. Bitonio and Thomas and Schwartz were PFF's highest 3 grades for Browns.

    Get over it, the OL is not the problem.

    4 sacks may very well be "too many" - but the issue is that the DL is literally the worst.

    Starks is another FA fail. Orchard needs to get stronger in run defense. Shelton needs to be better than average.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I did not go into The Tavern.

    Guess you have to stay away till we lose. So I guess we will see you next season! 13-3

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @mark-o said:

    Guess you have to stay away till we lose.

    Happily...

    @unsympathetic said:

    Get over it, the OL is not the problem.

    4 sacks may very well be "too many" - but the issue is that the DL is literally the worst.

    Our DL gave up four sacks?

  • @mark-o said:

    Guess you have to stay away till we lose.

    Happily...

    @unsympathetic said:

    Get over it, the OL is not the problem.

    4 sacks may very well be "too many" - but the issue is that the DL is literally the worst.

    Our DL gave up four sacks?

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @tour2ma said:

    Happily...

    We'll miss you....but if we are winning...not all that much. 🙂

  • OL was solid-to-dominant yesterday. Bitonio and Thomas and Schwartz were PFF's highest 3 grades for Browns.

    Get over it, the OL is not the problem.

    4 sacks may very well be "too many" - but the issue is that the DL is literally the worst.

    Starks is another FA fail. Orchard needs to get stronger in run defense. Shelton needs to be better than average.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @unsympathetic said:

    OL was solid-to-dominant yesterday. Bitonio and Thomas and Schwartz were PFF's highest 3 grades for Browns.

    Get over it, the OL is not the problem.

    4 sacks may very well be "too many" - but the issue is that the DL is literally the worst.

    Starks is another FA fail. Orchard needs to get stronger in run defense. Shelton needs to be better than average.

    Mack may have had his best game of the season too, although still not entirely in form.

  • Have you worn that Haden jersy for the last 15 years?

    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Have you worn that Haden jersy for the last 15 years?

    One would think, but I've only had it since the off season.

    @unsympathetic said:

    OL was solid-to-dominant yesterday. Bitonio and Thomas and Schwartz were PFF's highest 3 grades for Browns.

    Get over it, the OL is not the problem.

    4 sacks may very well be "too many" - but the issue is that the DL is literally the worst.

    Starks is another FA fail. Orchard needs to get stronger in run defense. Shelton needs to be better than average.

    Agree that DL needs to be better, but when the OL is touted as one of the strongest parts of the team, they shouldn't be giving up four sacks. They've given up the 3rd most sacks of any team in the NFL.