Skip to content

Browns and the board

The Browns Board
17 9 469
  • @bbedward said:

    Just don't think too hard about our success when we have it 😉

    I wouldn't expect another 457YD, 110+QBR, 3TD, 0TO, 70% completion/50+ attempt performance - but I hope he doesn't have to do that to win another game this year.

    Amen...

    Putting up those kind of numbers is not exactly what he was hired to do. That said: One is an accident, two is a coincidence and three is a trend.

    Big thing is though, even throwing 50 passes, McC is putting precious few in danger. Of the top of my head, yesterday I can think of one throw that a DB had the better shot at, plus the 50/50 ball to Barn on his TD miracle. And that's despite some heavy pressure at times.

    @tour2ma said:

    Amen...

    Putting up those kind of numbers is not exactly what he was hired to do. That said: One is an accident, two is a coincidence and three is a trend.

    Big thing is though, even throwing 50 passes, McC is putting precious few in danger. Of the top of my head, yesterday I can think of one throw that a DB had the better shot at, plus the 50/50 ball to Barn on his TD miracle. And that's despite some heavy pressure at times.

    One truly atrocious throw that was picked off that we got saved by the roughing call. Other than that, he really is taking good care of the ball. As much as I hate to see the sacks, I'd rather see that than having him just wing it all over the field for it to be picked off.

  • Josh has stood in a pocket how long verse JM? It's the most overlooked thing about the Browns that the media is eating crow on. You, us, and they can all be wrong. Go Browns!!

  • Yeah I hate the fact that our running game has no type of explosiveness. But Duke I'd nice. Crowell had a couple of good runs too.

    Yeah in the 4th qtr McCown was airing it out. That throw to Gabriel was nice.

  • Add Turpin to the mix what we got???? besides No West than East. Get ready Fella's

  • So far this season I've underestimated the offense, and overestimated the defense.

    I had high hopes for the defense, but for whatever reason they just can't get their shit together.

    If we could get the D to live up to expectations we would have a serious contender here folks.

    Go Browns!

  • So far this season I've underestimated the offense, and overestimated the defense.

    I had high hopes for the defense, but for whatever reason they just can't get their shit together.

    If we could get the D to live up to expectations we would have a serious contender here folks.

    Go Browns!

    @canton-dawg said:

    So far this season I've underestimated the offense, and overestimated the defense.

    I had high hopes for the defense, but for whatever reason they just can't get their shit together.

    If we could get the D to live up to expectations we would have a serious contender here folks.

    Go Browns!

    You and literally everybody else.

    Would be amazing if they could at least play at an average level.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    So far this season I've underestimated the offense, and overestimated the defense.

    I had high hopes for the defense, but for whatever reason they just can't get their shit together.

    If we could get the D to live up to expectations we would have a serious contender here folks.

    Go Browns!

    You and literally everybody else.

    Would be amazing if they could at least play at an average level.

    @bbedward said:

    You and literally everybody else.

    Would be amazing if they could at least play at an average level.

    Defense has a really long way to go to even see "average".

  • pretty amazing how we/everyone had teams plugged in as top defenses or offenses before the season.

    thought buffalo would be leading the league in defense per last year and they have just shit the bed right next to the brown's stall.

  • So far this season I've underestimated the offense, and overestimated the defense.

    I had high hopes for the defense, but for whatever reason they just can't get their shit together.

    If we could get the D to live up to expectations we would have a serious contender here folks.

    Go Browns!

    @canton-dawg said:

    So far this season I've underestimated the offense, and overestimated the defense.

    I resemble that remark...

    @gumby73 said:

    It's the most overlooked thing about the Browns that the media is eating crow on.

    Media eat crow? Maybe later, but right now they have a new bubble named McCown to overinflate.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    So far this season I've underestimated the offense, and overestimated the defense.

    I had high hopes for the defense, but for whatever reason they just can't get their shit together.

    If we could get the D to live up to expectations we would have a serious contender here folks.

    Go Browns!

    You and literally everybody else.

    Would be amazing if they could at least play at an average level.

    @bbedward said:

    You and literally everybody else.

    Would be amazing if they could at least play at an average level.

    They have flashes, but they're not consistently being the group we all thought they'd be.

    The TFLs, PBUs, and stuffs are good to see, but until they can limit big plays it won't matter. Teams aren't driving 5 yards per play on them, they're gouging them with big chunks because of either poor play design, or mental lapses. Maybe O'Neil is asking too much of these guys?