What's missing?
-
It is hard to watch. How many times this year did we see us give up a first on 3rd and long? Like I said hard to watch. But a W cures all.
-
The scariest thing is that our coaching staff doesn't seem to know the answer to the question either! Pettine basically said why we are so inconsistent is a mystery. If they don't know who does?? I still think it has to land squarely on Oneill. He doesn't appear to be able to lead and motivate. I also think his players do not buy into the schemes.
-
Should struggling Cleveland Browns' defense have kept T.J. Ward, Jabaal Sheard, Buster Skrine? Tom Reed analysis
www.cleveland.com
Sheard (Patriots), Skrine (Jets) and Ward (Broncos) have become valued members of new teams with a combined 10-1 record. The Browns' tortured draft history since 1999 is well chronicled so when a player the organization has developed leaves and enjoys success elsewhere it's difficult for some to accept. Especially, when the salary cap is not issue.
Tom Reed
-
What's missing is setting the edge. I have been on holiday for the last three games (yay) so I haven't been able to watch the tape, but I'm guessing that the problems in games 3-5 are the same as games 1-2. When they try to run up the middle, our DL and ILBs stop them for something like 0-3 yards. When they bump outside, they get something like 6-20 yards consistently.
If we can set the edge, funnel them back to the middle, our run D would take a massive leap.
-
What's missing?
D-Linemen aren't getting off blocks and making tackles...
LBs aren't containing the outside rush, or getting off blocks, or getting any pressure on the QB...
Secondary ... actually hasn't been playing that bad considering the above 2 issues...
Play-calling has been predictable...
I think it was Pettine who stepped in this past week and finally started to take out Kruger and Kirksey in favor of Carder and Orchard. I also think it was Pettine who said we need to see more of A.Bryant on the field b/c he's one of our only playmakers... The adjustments worked at the end of reg. and in overtime... maybe we'll start to put it together...
-
I honestly believe our top pick in the next draft, if it's a high one, will be another D player, a proper DE/OLB. Hopefully Orchard develops in to that this season, and can play opposite Kruger. Mingo's been a let down, and will at best be our first choice backup.
-
I honestly believe our top pick in the next draft, if it's a high one, will be another D player, a proper DE/OLB. Hopefully Orchard develops in to that this season, and can play opposite Kruger. Mingo's been a let down, and will at best be our first choice backup.
I honestly believe our top pick in the next draft, if it's a high one, will be another D player, a proper DE/OLB. Hopefully Orchard develops in to that this season, and can play opposite Kruger. Mingo's been a let down, and will at best be our first choice backup.
Mingo isn't a 3-down LB, but I think we're misusing him big time. He's done decent in coverage and should be sent way more often on blitz packages.
-
I honestly believe our top pick in the next draft, if it's a high one, will be another D player, a proper DE/OLB. Hopefully Orchard develops in to that this season, and can play opposite Kruger. Mingo's been a let down, and will at best be our first choice backup.
Mingo isn't a 3-down LB, but I think we're misusing him big time. He's done decent in coverage and should be sent way more often on blitz packages.
Mingo isn't a 3-down LB, but I think we're misusing him big time. He's done decent in coverage and should be sent way more often on blitz packages.
I've said before that he will find a role covering the hybrid tight ends, considering his combination of length and speed. He just shouldn't be playing the run.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login