Skip to content

Next 5 weeks

The Browns Board
44 18 1.5k
  • Hmm, not sure what being alive has to do with pretending the team doesn't have a tough stretch of games coming up.

    Weird.

    @mike-h said:

    Hmm, not sure what being alive has to do with pretending the team doesn't have a tough stretch of games coming up.

    Weird.

    Yes, the Browns have a stretch of tough games coming up......but likewise those team have a tough game coming up in playing the Browns. Whatever else the Browns may be, they are a tough out.

    We have to play them.....but they have to play us.....and that sucks for them as much or more than it does for us as I think the Browns will actually only get better......as long as this defense gets its head out of its ass (which, talentwise it IS capable of.....coaching is the issue imo.)

  • The Browns have Denver at home, at St. Louis, Arizona at home, at Cincinnati and at Pittsburgh up next before their Week 11 bye.

    I'm not optimistic they can win more than 1 of these games, and even then, that's a stretch. Their defense just hasn't been close to as good as advertised. Ben Roethlisberger could be back by Week 8. (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/182925/ben-roethlisberger-has-foot-on-pedal-to-fast-recovery-for-steelers)

    And the next four games especially will really test how good McCown and the Browns offense can be. I'm surprised with how good they have looked, but it's going to be a lot harder to throw during these games. If they can't run the ball, it's going to get ugly.

    @mike-h said:

    The Browns have Denver at home, at St. Louis, Arizona at home, at Cincinnati and at Pittsburgh up next before their Week 11 bye.

    I'm not optimistic they can win more than 1 of these games, and even then, that's a stretch. Their defense just hasn't been close to as good as advertised. Ben Roethlisberger could be back by Week 8. (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/182925/ben-roethlisberger-has-foot-on-pedal-to-fast-recovery-for-steelers)

    And the next four games especially will really test how good McCown and the Browns offense can be. I'm surprised with how good they have looked, but it's going to be a lot harder to throw during these games. If they can't run the ball, it's going to get ugly.

    I agree- the defense is giving up far to many points so far. Don't forget both the Chargers and Ravens offenses were both crippled- missing key players, and the Browns D still allowed 30 in each game.

    So if McCown & the offense can put up 40 in each of those games, we should be in good shape.

    .

  • McCown will score the points, but our D is the weak link.

  • Hmm, not sure what being alive has to do with pretending the team doesn't have a tough stretch of games coming up.

    Weird.

    @mike-h said:

    Hmm, not sure what being alive has to do with pretending the team doesn't have a tough stretch of games coming up.

    Weird.

    We just won a huge fucking division game on the road for christ sake not even 24 hours ago and you come in here saying the team isn't going to win 1 game of their next 5. How about enjoy the fact that the Browns won a game in Baltimore for the first time in 7 years before we start all the fucking doom and gloom??

    You're just as bad as the asswipes who want to fire the coach at halftime yesterday.

    The Browns won in Baltimore. Be happy for fucks sake.

    13-3

  • @mike-h said:

    Hmm, not sure what being alive has to do with pretending the team doesn't have a tough stretch of games coming up.

    Weird.

    We just won a huge fucking division game on the road for christ sake not even 24 hours ago and you come in here saying the team isn't going to win 1 game of their next 5. How about enjoy the fact that the Browns won a game in Baltimore for the first time in 7 years before we start all the fucking doom and gloom??

    You're just as bad as the asswipes who want to fire the coach at halftime yesterday.

    The Browns won in Baltimore. Be happy for fucks sake.

    13-3

    @mark-o said:

    We just won a huge fucking division game on the road for christ sake not even 24 hours ago and you come in here saying the team isn't going to win 1 game of their next 5. How about enjoy the fact that the Browns won a game in Baltimore for the first time in 7 years before we start all the fucking doom and gloom??

    You're just as bad as the asswipes who want to fire the coach at halftime yesterday.

    The Browns won in Baltimore. Be happy for fucks sake.

    13-3

    Go fuck yourself, don't tell me how to enjoy following the Browns. Being realistic is more fun than living in la-la land for me. Thanks

  • We always beat Cincy at least once and usually play them tough. Since our game against them is thursday night prime time, we'll see the bad version of the Bengals.

    Every other game I see as winnable, with Denver and Arizona scaring me the most.

  • @mark-o said:

    We just won a huge fucking division game on the road for christ sake not even 24 hours ago and you come in here saying the team isn't going to win 1 game of their next 5. How about enjoy the fact that the Browns won a game in Baltimore for the first time in 7 years before we start all the fucking doom and gloom??

    You're just as bad as the asswipes who want to fire the coach at halftime yesterday.

    The Browns won in Baltimore. Be happy for fucks sake.

    13-3

    Go fuck yourself, don't tell me how to enjoy following the Browns. Being realistic is more fun than living in la-la land for me. Thanks

    @mike-h said:

    Go fuck yourself, don't tell me how to enjoy following the Browns. Being realistic is more fun than living in la-la-la land for me. Thanks

    I'll continue to enjoy watching the team and hoping that they win each and every week. Because guess what chachi...you and I have no control over the outcome and if the Browns lose every game for the rest of the season it isn't going to change my life one bit. I'd rather be optimistic than a negative asswipe disguised as "realistic".

  • We always beat Cincy at least once and usually play them tough. Since our game against them is thursday night prime time, we'll see the bad version of the Bengals.

    Every other game I see as winnable, with Denver and Arizona scaring me the most.

    @bbedward said:

    We always beat Cincy at least once and usually play them tough. Since our game against them is thursday night prime time, we'll see the bad version of the Bengals.

    Every other game I see as winnable, with Denver and Arizona scaring me the most.

    I think Cincinnati is playing at a much higher level this year. I thought they would win the division, but didn't think 5-0 was possible. Anything can happen on Thursday night.

    Arizona, Cincy and Denver are probably losses, I think. St. Louis and Pittsburgh are possible wins, but both will be big challenges.

  • @mike-h said:

    Go fuck yourself, don't tell me how to enjoy following the Browns. Being realistic is more fun than living in la-la-la land for me. Thanks

    I'll continue to enjoy watching the team and hoping that they win each and every week. Because guess what chachi...you and I have no control over the outcome and if the Browns lose every game for the rest of the season it isn't going to change my life one bit. I'd rather be optimistic than a negative asswipe disguised as "realistic".

    @mark-o said:

    I'll continue to enjoy watching the team and hoping that they win each and every week. Because guess what chachi...you and I have no control over the outcome and if the Browns lose every game for the rest of the season it isn't going to change my life one bit. I'd rather be optimistic than a negative asswipe disguised as "realistic".

    I write about the team, it does me no good to carry pom poms and pretend like there aren't any problems. I still don't see how being realistic is insulting you so much. No one has any control how these groups of athletes perform in a sport, that's what makes it interesting and worth following. People take away different things from sports, so if you'd stop telling me how to feel and think, we can get back to talking about the tough upcoming schedule.

  • Screw the tough upcoming schedule.

    No one expected the Browns to win yesterday. How did that work out?

    I think the Browns can win every game....who knows...that's why they play the games.

    Enjoy being realistic. I'll enjoy yesterdays win.

  • @mark-o said:

    I'll continue to enjoy watching the team and hoping that they win each and every week. Because guess what chachi...you and I have no control over the outcome and if the Browns lose every game for the rest of the season it isn't going to change my life one bit. I'd rather be optimistic than a negative asswipe disguised as "realistic".

    I write about the team, it does me no good to carry pom poms and pretend like there aren't any problems. I still don't see how being realistic is insulting you so much. No one has any control how these groups of athletes perform in a sport, that's what makes it interesting and worth following. People take away different things from sports, so if you'd stop telling me how to feel and think, we can get back to talking about the tough upcoming schedule.

    @mike-h said:

    I write about the team, it does me no good to carry pom poms and pretend like there aren't any problems. I still don't see how being realistic is insulting you so much. No one has any control how these groups of athletes perform in a sport, that's what makes it interesting and worth following. People take away different things from sports, so if you'd stop telling me how to feel and think, we can get back to talking about the tough upcoming schedule.

    There is a difference between realistic and pessimistic, just as there is a difference between being realistic and optimistic.

    Sure....none of us should be pollyanna about the Browns and think things are all going to be roses and puppies in the future.

    But neither should we all be PigPen, walking around with a cloud over our heads eithers.

    And I know you had been on "probation" here for a while.....so maybe you are treading on thin ice. You never know, Zombo may give you Steeler fan treatment and change your screen name to Pig Pen and make your avatar like this:

    l219520886.jpg

  • Screw the tough upcoming schedule.

    No one expected the Browns to win yesterday. How did that work out?

    I think the Browns can win every game....who knows...that's why they play the games.

    Enjoy being realistic. I'll enjoy yesterdays win.

    @mark-o said:

    No one expected the Browns to win yesterday

    I think the Browns can win every game....

    Ahem.......I did.....and do too

    Enjoyed every freaking second of that game too.....no fear

  • It's pretty understandable to doubt the Browns at the moment, but after we beat Denver some of the doubt will fade away 😉

  • It's pretty understandable to doubt the Browns at the moment, but after we beat Denver some of the doubt will fade away 😉

    @bbedward said:

    It's pretty understandable to doubt the Browns at the moment, but after we beat Denver some of the doubt will fade away 😉

    I don't understand people who claim to be Browns fans being so pessimistic the day after such a fantastic win.

  • Arizona is overrated

  • I said the upcoming part of this year's schedule was the hardest before the season started. Had hoped the Browns would be 3-2 or 4-1 at this point, but that obviously didn't happen. It's a tough stretch, not sure why I have to not acknowledge that because the Browns beat a shitty Ravens team with all of their best players on IR.

    I thought/predicted they would beat NYJ, Tennessee, Oakland, SD and Baltimore in the week's leading up to those games, FWIW. So I'm not pessimistic.

  • So we missed your, "We are going to open 5-0," thread?

    Issue here is the complete lack of original analysis and the 5-week time frame. The former just reduces the content to pessimism, the latter heaps on too much pessimism for this audience.

    Focus on Denver and how their season to date affords us the possibility of coming out of Week 6 with a "W"... and what may prevent that W from going our way.

  • Arizona is overrated

    @kvoethe said:

    Arizona is overrated

    I'm not so sure about that. They look really good. I've watched a lot of their games. But hopefully the team keeps playing well and the crowd will be way into it to make it hard on the Cards offense.

  • @mark-o said:

    We just won a huge fucking division game on the road for christ sake not even 24 hours ago and you come in here saying the team isn't going to win 1 game of their next 5. How about enjoy the fact that the Browns won a game in Baltimore for the first time in 7 years before we start all the fucking doom and gloom??

    You're just as bad as the asswipes who want to fire the coach at halftime yesterday.

    The Browns won in Baltimore. Be happy for fucks sake.

    13-3

    Go fuck yourself, don't tell me how to enjoy following the Browns. Being realistic is more fun than living in la-la land for me. Thanks

    @mike-h said:

    Being realistic is more fun than living in la-la land for me. Thanks

    take some shrooms and watch the birds fly and chirp while sitting under an elm tree with the sun setting and having your gf perform fellatio on you is alot better than being a snidely whiplash all your life which in your case is reality.

  • It will be interesting to see how the Browns follow up Sunday's win vs the Ravens.

    Broncos are beatable. Helps the Browns that it is in Cleveland too.