Skip to content

Next 5 weeks

The Browns Board
44 18 1.5k
  • It's pretty understandable to doubt the Browns at the moment, but after we beat Denver some of the doubt will fade away 😉

  • It's pretty understandable to doubt the Browns at the moment, but after we beat Denver some of the doubt will fade away 😉

    @bbedward said:

    It's pretty understandable to doubt the Browns at the moment, but after we beat Denver some of the doubt will fade away 😉

    I don't understand people who claim to be Browns fans being so pessimistic the day after such a fantastic win.

  • Arizona is overrated

  • I said the upcoming part of this year's schedule was the hardest before the season started. Had hoped the Browns would be 3-2 or 4-1 at this point, but that obviously didn't happen. It's a tough stretch, not sure why I have to not acknowledge that because the Browns beat a shitty Ravens team with all of their best players on IR.

    I thought/predicted they would beat NYJ, Tennessee, Oakland, SD and Baltimore in the week's leading up to those games, FWIW. So I'm not pessimistic.

  • So we missed your, "We are going to open 5-0," thread?

    Issue here is the complete lack of original analysis and the 5-week time frame. The former just reduces the content to pessimism, the latter heaps on too much pessimism for this audience.

    Focus on Denver and how their season to date affords us the possibility of coming out of Week 6 with a "W"... and what may prevent that W from going our way.

  • Arizona is overrated

    @kvoethe said:

    Arizona is overrated

    I'm not so sure about that. They look really good. I've watched a lot of their games. But hopefully the team keeps playing well and the crowd will be way into it to make it hard on the Cards offense.

  • @mark-o said:

    We just won a huge fucking division game on the road for christ sake not even 24 hours ago and you come in here saying the team isn't going to win 1 game of their next 5. How about enjoy the fact that the Browns won a game in Baltimore for the first time in 7 years before we start all the fucking doom and gloom??

    You're just as bad as the asswipes who want to fire the coach at halftime yesterday.

    The Browns won in Baltimore. Be happy for fucks sake.

    13-3

    Go fuck yourself, don't tell me how to enjoy following the Browns. Being realistic is more fun than living in la-la land for me. Thanks

    @mike-h said:

    Being realistic is more fun than living in la-la land for me. Thanks

    take some shrooms and watch the birds fly and chirp while sitting under an elm tree with the sun setting and having your gf perform fellatio on you is alot better than being a snidely whiplash all your life which in your case is reality.

  • It will be interesting to see how the Browns follow up Sunday's win vs the Ravens.

    Broncos are beatable. Helps the Browns that it is in Cleveland too.

  • You're welcome... any time...

  • So we missed your, "We are going to open 5-0," thread?

    Issue here is the complete lack of original analysis and the 5-week time frame. The former just reduces the content to pessimism, the latter heaps on too much pessimism for this audience.

    Focus on Denver and how their season to date affords us the possibility of coming out of Week 6 with a "W"... and what may prevent that W from going our way.

    @tour2ma said:

    So we missed your, "We are going to open 5-0," thread?

    Issue here is the complete lack of original analysis and the 5-week time frame. The former just reduces the content to pessimism, the latter heaps on too much pessimism for this audience.

    Focus on Denver and how their season to date affords us the possibility of coming out of Week 6 with a "W"... and what may prevent that W from going our way.

    Denver to date doesn't look right on offense because Mannings arm is shot. But he's the smartest QB, quite possibly in the history of the league, so he's making it work. Their defense, especially the pass rush looks frightening. I hope McCown plans a lot of quick passes and hopefully we can find some running game. I think we can win this week because if memory serves, we've always played Manning tough so that's a positive. Hope our defense shows up and keeps the game close and Coon Dawg kicks the game winner late in the 4th.

  • Arizona is overrated

    @kvoethe said:

    Arizona is overrated

  • "The man up and vanished like a fart in the wind!"

  • It's pretty understandable to doubt the Browns at the moment, but after we beat Denver some of the doubt will fade away 😉

    @bbedward said:

    It's pretty understandable to doubt the Browns at the moment, but after we beat Denver some of the doubt will fade away 😉

    I really hope we beat Denver. Fuckin' Broncos.

  • @tour2ma said:

    So we missed your, "We are going to open 5-0," thread?

    Issue here is the complete lack of original analysis and the 5-week time frame. The former just reduces the content to pessimism, the latter heaps on too much pessimism for this audience.

    Focus on Denver and how their season to date affords us the possibility of coming out of Week 6 with a "W"... and what may prevent that W from going our way.

    Denver to date doesn't look right on offense because Mannings arm is shot. But he's the smartest QB, quite possibly in the history of the league, so he's making it work. Their defense, especially the pass rush looks frightening. I hope McCown plans a lot of quick passes and hopefully we can find some running game. I think we can win this week because if memory serves, we've always played Manning tough so that's a positive. Hope our defense shows up and keeps the game close and Coon Dawg kicks the game winner late in the 4th.

    @mark-o said:

    Denver to date doesn't look right on offense because Mannings arm is shot. But he's the smartest QB, quite possibly in the history of the league, so he's making it work. Their defense, especially the pass rush looks frightening. I hope McCown plans a lot of quick passes and hopefully we can find some running game. I think we can win this week because if memory serves, we've always played Manning tough so that's a positive. Hope our defense shows up and keeps the game close and Coon Dawg kicks the game winner late in the 4th.

    Exactly... their surprisingly weak Offense, both running and passing, gives us a shot.

    And while it'll be a tall task to score on their tough Defense, we've morphed into an attack that just may find some cracks.

  • @mark-o said:

    Denver to date doesn't look right on offense because Mannings arm is shot. But he's the smartest QB, quite possibly in the history of the league, so he's making it work. Their defense, especially the pass rush looks frightening. I hope McCown plans a lot of quick passes and hopefully we can find some running game. I think we can win this week because if memory serves, we've always played Manning tough so that's a positive. Hope our defense shows up and keeps the game close and Coon Dawg kicks the game winner late in the 4th.

    Exactly... their surprisingly weak Offense, both running and passing, gives us a shot.

    And while it'll be a tall task to score on their tough Defense, we've morphed into an attack that just may find some cracks.

    @tour2ma said:

    Exactly... their surprisingly weak Offense, both running and passing, gives us a shot.

    And while it'll be a tall task to score on their tough Defense, we've morphed into an attack that just may find some cracks.

    McCown will put up another 500 yards or something, no big deal.

    Overall every game is winnable for us, so I feel no different about the Broncos

  • @mark-o said:

    No one expected the Browns to win yesterday

    I think the Browns can win every game....

    Ahem.......I did.....and do too

    Enjoyed every freaking second of that game too.....no fear

    @mudfly said:

    Ahem.......I did.....and do too

    Enjoyed every freaking second of that game too.....no fear

    I had my real bad feeling about the game, when it occurs, I'm usually wrong.

    @bbedward said:

    It's pretty understandable to doubt the Browns at the moment, but after we beat Denver some of the doubt will fade away 😉

    Look- the realist in me said we were 1-13 playing the Ratbirds in Baltimore, the Browns defense had been playing like crap (and still is, IMHO), so I had no reason to believe the trend wouldn't continue.

    To beat Denver- the defense will have to improve 100% and McCown will have to have another stellar game- against a defense that is worlds tougher than the Ravens. Didya realize in overtime the Ratbirds were missing Elvis Dumerville, #1 corner Ladarius Webb, #3 corner Will Davis, Forsett didn't play in the overtime, and #1 wr Smith didn't play at all? So it was a nice win against a seriously injury depleted team. Suggs, #1 te Pitta, and first round wr Perriman weren't there either. I doubt the Browns win if all those guys were healthy. Just keeping it real.

  • @mudfly said:

    Ahem.......I did.....and do too

    Enjoyed every freaking second of that game too.....no fear

    I had my real bad feeling about the game, when it occurs, I'm usually wrong.

    @bbedward said:

    It's pretty understandable to doubt the Browns at the moment, but after we beat Denver some of the doubt will fade away 😉

    Look- the realist in me said we were 1-13 playing the Ratbirds in Baltimore, the Browns defense had been playing like crap (and still is, IMHO), so I had no reason to believe the trend wouldn't continue.

    To beat Denver- the defense will have to improve 100% and McCown will have to have another stellar game- against a defense that is worlds tougher than the Ravens. Didya realize in overtime the Ratbirds were missing Elvis Dumerville, #1 corner Ladarius Webb, #3 corner Will Davis, Forsett didn't play in the overtime, and #1 wr Smith didn't play at all? So it was a nice win against a seriously injury depleted team. Suggs, #1 te Pitta, and first round wr Perriman weren't there either. I doubt the Browns win if all those guys were healthy. Just keeping it real.

    @hoorta said:

    I had my real bad feeling about the game, when it occurs, I'm usually wrong.

    Look- the realist in me said we were 1-13 playing the Ratbirds in Baltimore, the Browns defense had been playing like crap (and still is, IMHO), so I had no reason to believe the trend wouldn't continue.

    To beat Denver- the defense will have to improve 100% and McCown will have to have another stellar game- against a defense that is worlds tougher than the Ravens. Didya realize in overtime the Ratbirds were missing Elvis Dumerville, #1 corner Ladarius Webb, #3 corner Will Davis, Forsett didn't play in the overtime, and #1 wr Smith didn't play at all? So it was a nice win against a seriously injury depleted team. Suggs, #1 te Pitta, and first round wr Perriman weren't there either. I doubt the Browns win if all those guys were healthy. Just keeping it real.

    This is all that matters about the game yesterday 😉 We should never stoop to making excuses for Baltimore.

  • @mike-h said:

    Being realistic is more fun than living in la-la land for me. Thanks

    take some shrooms and watch the birds fly and chirp while sitting under an elm tree with the sun setting and having your gf perform fellatio on you is alot better than being a snidely whiplash all your life which in your case is reality.

    @miktoxic said:

    take some shrooms and watch the birds fly and chirp while sitting under an elm tree with the sun setting and having your gf perform fellatio on you is alot better than being a snidely whiplash all your life which in your case is reality.

    Are you saying that the only way that Mike H gets head sitting under a tree is if he has the girl (or guy?) tied up?

  • One game at a time is how you look at it. The focus is Denver this week. How do we win?

    Has anyone seen Peyton Manning throw lately? OMG! This guy should retire! But I'm glad we get him at home. Our DC should blitz and rattle Manning all day! He's throwing DUCKS out there and there will be at least 2 interceptions. This is how we beat Denver this week at home.

    Denver's defense is in the top five. You can't run on them and it's difficult to throw on them. But, we have Duke Jr, Benjamin and Barnidge who are really hot right now. So is McCown. McCown is playing lights out.

    This will be a low scoring game but Cleveland wins by 3

  • Screw the tough upcoming schedule.

    No one expected the Browns to win yesterday. How did that work out?

    I think the Browns can win every game....who knows...that's why they play the games.

    Enjoy being realistic. I'll enjoy yesterdays win.

    @mark-o said:

    Screw the tough upcoming schedule.

    No one expected the Browns to win yesterday. How did that work out?

    I think the Browns can win every game....who knows...that's why they play the games.

    Enjoy being realistic. I'll enjoy yesterdays win.

    @richiswhere said:

    Pettine takes a closer look at the defense this week so the Browns give up over 200 yards rushing but McCown continues to play over his head and outplays the vastly overrated Flacco.

    Browns win 27 to 24