Skip to content

What would be your lowest trade for DA?

The Browns Board
49 32 3.3k
  • OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by
    #22

    DA will move once the Cutler thing gets resolved.

    3rd rounder + a player.

  • DA and Lums for a 2nd, or 3rd rounder and a tall Egee's if (if it is 110 degrees and summer in Tucson). / or to Carolina for Julius Peppers and a 5th. (fifth rounder, not a fifth of booze hahahaha)

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @sez.ej said:

    DA and Lums for a 2nd, or 3rd rounder and a tall Egee's if (if it is 110 degrees and summer in Tucson). / or to Carolina for Julius Peppers and a 5th. (fifth rounder, not a fifth of booze hahahaha)

    How about a bag of peanuts and a new waterboy that wants to replace Lummy washing the starting QB's jock strap and picking up his soap in the shower? Tell me that didn't sound like an ad for Cruex...

    - Tom F.

  • ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I don't understand folks thinking that we will actually get a 2nd plus a player, or even a 3rd plus a player.

    I know there are no guarantees in life, but I can say with about 99% certainty, that we might not even get a 3rd rounder, let alone a 3rd rounder and a player.

    Andy

  • GeechG Geech wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Recent history shows that the "going rate" for a backup QB is a 4th rounder. 6th/7th rounder for a 3rd string guy. I'd love a 3rd and 4th, or even a 3rd and 5th, but realistically, I'm not expecting any more or less than a 4th.

    -Al

  • F flipflop wrote on last edited by flipflop
    #26

    How bout a stadium with a roof.

    Anderson is staying...bye pretty boy.

    Ps. keep in mind New England didnt take the best offer (on paper) for cassel.

  • listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
    #27

    The sad fact remains that no one seems to want DA; I can't blame them

  • The sad fact remains that no one seems to want DA; I can't blame them

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @listercat said:

    The sad fact remains that no one seems to want DA; I can't blame them

    I disagree....I honestly feel there's a idio....oops...."GM" out there drooling over his strong arm & hoping they can land him. I will be surprised if he's here after the draft, but his value will be determined by another teams' delusions.

    Mike

  • Recent history shows that the "going rate" for a backup QB is a 4th rounder. 6th/7th rounder for a 3rd string guy. I'd love a 3rd and 4th, or even a 3rd and 5th, but realistically, I'm not expecting any more or less than a 4th.

    -Al

    Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @geech said:

    Recent history shows that the "going rate" for a backup QB is a 4th rounder. 6th/7th rounder for a 3rd string guy. I'd love a 3rd and 4th, or even a 3rd and 5th, but realistically, I'm not expecting any more or less than a 4th.

    -Al

    Thank you Al for again reminding everyone why Mangini and Kokinis have said they will come to camp and compete for the starter's job. Wouldn't be too bright to tell everyone that we have a backup to dump.

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #30

    I'll take a fourth. Either way, if he's not moved just don't pretend to let him have the starting spot anymore. Phillip blew any chance of getting value out of the guy last year.

    Time to move on

  • OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by
    #31

    I just can't friggin' believe last year at this time we we're talking a 1st AND a 3rd. The majority here strongly suspected the real DA was the second half of '07, not the first half. Phil could have taken 6th round DA, spun a half season out of him, and turned him into a 1st and 3rd round pick. He would have looked like a genius ala Dolphin Scott Mitchell to the Lions.

    Grrrrrr. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. We should have pulled the trigger.

    Spilled milk, etc., etc.....

  • I just can't friggin' believe last year at this time we we're talking a 1st AND a 3rd. The majority here strongly suspected the real DA was the second half of '07, not the first half. Phil could have taken 6th round DA, spun a half season out of him, and turned him into a 1st and 3rd round pick. He would have looked like a genius ala Dolphin Scott Mitchell to the Lions.

    Grrrrrr. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. We should have pulled the trigger.

    Spilled milk, etc., etc.....

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @oconrecon said:

    I just can't friggin' believe last year at this time we we're talking a 1st AND a 3rd. The majority here strongly suspected the real DA was the second half of '07, not the first half. Phil could have taken 6th round DA, spun a half season out of him, and turned him into a 1st and 3rd round pick. He would have looked like a genius ala Dolphin Scott Mitchell to the Lions.

    Grrrrrr. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. We should have pulled the trigger.

    Spilled milk, etc., etc.....

    What's funny is the Manwagonners think we're stupid for thinking he should have been moved last year. Most of us who are regulars here had a pretty good idea of what was going on and it needed to happen. Turns out we knew a helluva lot more than the GM of the team did.

    This goes down as one of the biggest blunders in franchise history as far as I'm concerned, regardless if it wasn't an actual 1st and 3rd it still could have been something a lot better than now, plus Queen would have gotten some development.

  • S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by
    #33

    all that may be true..but we didn't move him.. He killed his own value with his play last year.. if we can get a 3rd rounder.. it's still a coup in my opinion since he came here as a free agent...

  • S Steeler SChick wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Second round pick?

    That's hysterical. If yinz got a 3rd, it would be like hitting the lottery.

    DA has practically no market value - except maybe for a team that needs a vet backup.

    Regards

    ... an'at

    .

  • D Dirty Hands wrote on last edited by
    #35

    kajana carter after the first knee injury

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #36

    I don't know if anyone has said this, I might of missed it. What about the Browns trading their #5 and Anderson to the Lions for #1 or Aaron Curry? But I guess that leaves Stafford available at #5 and wouldn't make sense. Sorry it's early.

  • kajana carter after the first knee injury

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @dirty-hands said:

    kajana carter after the first knee injury

    Yea I can't think of another team that wastes picks as good as the Browns.

  • I just can't friggin' believe last year at this time we we're talking a 1st AND a 3rd. The majority here strongly suspected the real DA was the second half of '07, not the first half. Phil could have taken 6th round DA, spun a half season out of him, and turned him into a 1st and 3rd round pick. He would have looked like a genius ala Dolphin Scott Mitchell to the Lions.

    Grrrrrr. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. We should have pulled the trigger.

    Spilled milk, etc., etc.....

    DrunkandstoopidD Drunkandstoopid wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @oconrecon said:

    I just can't friggin' believe last year at this time we we're talking a 1st AND a 3rd.

    Last year this time the only guys who were talking a 1st and a 3rd were the few that actually felt DA still had potential. The same nuts that are crying he's only worth a 4th rounde or lower were doing the same then, many were begging to dump him for anything.

  • I don't understand folks thinking that we will actually get a 2nd plus a player, or even a 3rd plus a player.

    I know there are no guarantees in life, but I can say with about 99% certainty, that we might not even get a 3rd rounder, let alone a 3rd rounder and a player.

    Andy

    C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @thaak said:

    I don't understand folks thinking that we will actually get a 2nd plus a player, or even a 3rd plus a player.

    I know there are no guarantees in life, but I can say with about 99% certainty, that we might not even get a 3rd rounder, let alone a 3rd rounder and a player.

    Andy

    if thats true we wouldn't trade him, thats with 100% certainty

  • @thaak said:

    I don't understand folks thinking that we will actually get a 2nd plus a player, or even a 3rd plus a player.

    I know there are no guarantees in life, but I can say with about 99% certainty, that we might not even get a 3rd rounder, let alone a 3rd rounder and a player.

    Andy

    if thats true we wouldn't trade him, thats with 100% certainty

    C corybuckeye wrote on last edited by
    #40

    nmills said:

    if thats true we wouldn't trade him, thats with 100% certainty

    I could see us getting a 3rd rounder a second rounder seems a little optimistic to me

  • nmills said:

    if thats true we wouldn't trade him, thats with 100% certainty

    I could see us getting a 3rd rounder a second rounder seems a little optimistic to me

    C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @corybuckeye said:

    I could see us getting a 3rd rounder a second rounder seems a little optimistic to me

    I'd take 3rd, anything less I'd laugh at